The BlackBerry red star/splat often STILL does not automatically clear after marking all items as read in Hub.

Unbelievable that this isn't fixed after so many promised "will be fixed in the next release".
    dan99x99 and scouts36 like this.
    05-26-16 10:30 AM
    Unbelievable this isn't fixed with all of today's updates.
    05-26-16 06:24 PM
    The only way I found to clear it, is to press the hamburger button and then come back to hub. I agree it's a bit shameful that this issue still persists.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-26-16 07:02 PM
    The only way I found to clear it, is to press the hamburger button and then come back to hub. I agree it's a bit shameful that this issue still persists.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Yeah that's what I do. Just pathetic this isn't fixed yet, and the fact that they've promised a fix so many times indicates they are clueless to fix this bug.
    05-27-16 07:07 AM
    Yeah that's what I do. Just pathetic this isn't fixed yet, and the fact that they've promised a fix so many times indicates they are clueless to fix this bug.
    Well, I don't know that I'd go straight to clueless...but I'll leave you to your own opinions.

What I will say, is that it's a very large set of multiple complex changes in various areas of our code base. I get it, you (the user) doesn't/shouldn't care about that, but I don't want to be making changes that are just going to cause further issues or regressions.

We ARE working on the proper set of fixes as quickly as possible, and we will be delivering them as quickly as possible. I apologize for the continued inconvenience in the meantime.

Perhaps it's best I just stop commenting on this issue entirely in the short term?
    Uzi, berry_f30, Pegger5 and 6 others like this.
    05-27-16 10:22 AM
    Well, I don't know that I'd go straight to clueless...but I'll leave you to your own opinions.

What I will say, is that it's a very large set of multiple complex changes in various areas of our code base. I get it, you (the user) doesn't/shouldn't care about that, but I don't want to be making changes that are just going to cause further issues or regressions.

We ARE working on the proper set of fixes as quickly as possible, and we will be delivering them as quickly as possible. I apologize for the continued inconvenience in the meantime.

Perhaps it's best I just stop commenting on this issue entirely in the short term?
    Good for you. People just love to complain. Keep up the great work.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-27-16 11:32 AM

Nooo... don't stop commenting Bryant! You are doing such a great job communicating with end customers (mostly early adopters and enthusiasts) here. Don't stop just because of some negative comments.

I know what you meant that sometimes some seemingly small bugs require large scale code refactoring to fix it properly and I also hate shortcuts and quick patches that do not address the root cause of the problem, instead, only cover it up so it happens less (but we all have to do it sometimes under pressure right? Even though it means it will take even more time and resource to right the wrongs later).

But, let me tell you, when I first read those negative comments I felt the same with those posters. Your response acknowledged that BlackBerry not only recognized this problem but also is working hard on it, that completely changed how I feel.

I understand why conventionally large corporations don't interact with end users like startups do, but today there is no reason a corporation can't operate like a startup, or multiple startups within.

Your product group is like a startup in BlackBerry, which is awesome, don't stop being one!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Last edited by aha; 05-27-16 at 12:52 PM.
    Uzi, FF22 and c_bryant34 like this.
    05-27-16 12:33 PM
    Nooo... don't stop commenting Bryant! You are doing such a great job communicating with end customers (mostly early adopters and enthusiasts) here. Don't stop just because of some negative comments.

I know what you meant that sometimes some seemingly small bugs require large scale code refactoring to fix it properly and I also hate shortcuts and quick patches that do not address the root cause of the problem, instead, only cover it up so it happens less (but we all have to do it sometimes under pressure right? Even though it means it will take even more time and resource to right the wrongs later).

But, let me tell you, when I first read those negative comments I felt the same with those posters. Your response acknowledged that BlackBerry not only recognized this problem but also is working hard on it, that completely changed how I feel.

I understand why conventionally large corporations don't interact with end users like startups do, but today there is no reason a corporation can't operate like a startup, or multiple startups within.

Your product group is like a startup in BlackBerry, which is awesome, don't stop being one!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Nah, wasn't implying I'm going to stop participating in the community. More just responding to this specific issue.

Anyway, what SPECIFIC cases are you still seeing as broken? If you can outline them with as much detail as possible on "reproduction steps" it would be helpful and then I can compare the list to the list we're already tracking and working against here. Make sense?
    05-27-16 02:56 PM
    C....basically the red splat in the upper left corner of the Hub never goes away once its on. even after all items in the hub have been opened. To clear the splat, you have to push the hamburger button in the upper left and then come back to the hub. Cleared.
    05-27-16 03:12 PM
    Nah, wasn't implying I'm going to stop participating in the community. More just responding to this specific issue.

Anyway, what SPECIFIC cases are you still seeing as broken? If you can outline them with as much detail as possible on "reproduction steps" it would be helpful and then I can compare the list to the list we're already tracking and working against here. Make sense?
    Totally off topic for this thread but had a question.

I enabled the security feature for when android first boots up where it asks me for a 4 digit pin. The keyboard that pops up for this seems like the BlackBerry Keyboard based on the look, and the fact that u can swipe left to erase. But then when the phone is on and the screen locks and I have to enter a pin to unlock, the keyboard is totally different. Why is this not consistent? I love the look and functionality of the BlackBerry keyboard!

To avoid taking over thread, feel free to pm me.

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-16 03:54 PM