If you choose to put yourself in between the focus of a hardware launch then I'd say that anything about your appearance is fair game. For some reason, they choose to display the devices by holding them up rather than having some kind of neutral stand or something. I almost think it's kind of a message from John Chen that the hardware isn't the star of the show anymore so it's like - and we brought some hardware, too.
    03-06-15 11:12 AM
    The one main problem I have with this post is my automatic assumptions made. Sadly like the person who started this thread, I made an assumption when reading Davideany's post.

I wouldn't be taking advice from someone who starts a sentence with "U r right" followed by sentence fragments combined with "..."'s throughout.

I am also someone who has a hairy chest and require an undershirt when dressed up. While not embarrassed with the hair on my body, I do like to look as professional as possible, either business casual or dress.

For those of us who do have a hairy chest will know, if you are somewhere (like being on stage with bright warm lights) sweat tends to happen. Insert chest hair and sweat stains on dress shirt, you're not going to like what you see. Hence the need for an undershirt.

And then he ends his post with a P.S. and says button up or shave. I have a distinct feeling that this person hasn't had the experience of body hair in these situations and take his advice about shaving somewhere else.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Frank last time I checked this is a forum and expressions such as "u r right" are commonly used. We are not writing an English grammar book here.
    Also you probably noticed that English is not my first language.

I am just pointing out that and undershirt even if a necessity for many it is not that elegant. That is it...

Plenty of hairy people in the companies I work and in those located in Italy I have never seen undershirts, only shirt completely bottom up if the Manger does not to wear ties.

Different points of views, cheers
    P.s.
    We are really discussing on a philosophical concept isn't it?? Lol Forum are funny also because of this.
    P.P.s looking forward to what "you" will be doing in the third series

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:25 PM
    I vote this thread get a sticky. I think we can all find it useful to help with those tough shirt and under shirt questions we may have before getting on stage. Bravo, OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 03:09 PM
    I think the premise of this thread is pretty ridiculous. Do we need spokespeople, presenters, and executives wearing spats, cravats, and a monocle onstage to take a device seriously? I don't fault someone who is comfortable wearing a suit and tie, but I think that the thought that someone is not professional unless they are dressed in such a way is patently absurd. We should judge products on their merits, and the same should extend to presenters. I think it is time we let these 19th and early 20th century dress standards die.
    Last edited by Hemlocke; 03-07-15 at 07:10 PM.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    03-07-15 02:18 PM
    but I think that the thought that someone is not professional unless they are dressed in such a way is patently absurd.
    Really?, I beg to differ... if I went to a bank for a loan or went to see my teachers principal..i would expect them to be attired appropriately and not dressed in say a t shirt and cargo shorts?

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    03-08-15 07:05 AM
    I have worked in the professional business circles all my life and as long as your clean shaven, casually dressed and your hair cut, I am fine with that.

Look at Apples CEO when he introduces a new product! He is wearing a nice shirt and jeans. I didn't see anyone of the faithful complaining about how he was dressed??
    anon(9169048) and Hemlocke like this.
    03-08-15 07:48 AM
    Yea I know like I said I must be getting old. Lol

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    Hemlocke likes this.
    03-08-15 11:50 AM
    Do not tick off soccer dads in my state, they have been known to punch referees to death
    03-08-15 12:13 PM
    Maybe this was better looking?

http://cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/...-big-beard.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:51 PM
    Maybe this was better looking?

http://cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/...-big-beard.jpg

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't care. Results matter, wrappings do not.
    03-08-15 12:58 PM
35 12