I'm kindly encouraging everyone to join me to petition BlackBerry to keep the PRIV alive.

Yes, BlackBerry did release their statement of "No Nougat upgrade" .

However, BlackBerry will gravely enhance their "trust" and brand image worldwide to upgrade the PRIV with "Oreo"

Please, I'm kindly asking for everyone to jump on broad.

May I give all my heartfelt "Big Thanks" for your support.
    02-16-18 09:33 AM
    I'd be happy to just have them send an update for security to cover spectre and meltdown, or what ever else nasty appears. I think the hardware may not support full upgrade to Nougat or Oreo?
    02-16-18 09:47 AM
    I'm kindly encouraging everyone to join me to petition BlackBerry to keep the PRIV alive.

Yes, BlackBerry did release their statement of "No Nougat upgrade" .

However, BlackBerry will gravely enhance their "trust" and brand image worldwide to upgrade the PRIV with "Oreo"

Please, I'm kindly asking for everyone to jump on broad.

May I give all my heartfelt "Big Thanks" for your support.
    BlackBerry is out of the hardware business and would never pay for the custom Nougat/Oreo drivers for the Priv-exclusive hardware, or the additional customer support that would be required.

All hardware is now in the hands of TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), and they have already designed their 2 pkb devices for 2018 - and neither is likely to be a slider.
    02-16-18 10:11 AM
    neither is likely to be a slider.
    I read this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-keyboard/amp/

I am so anxious to see the PRIV-like UNI described there. The concern I have resTs with the choice of CPU. Does it match the rest of the innards??

Also, you and bla1ze both doubt a slider will come... makes me sad.
    02-16-18 10:21 AM

I am so anxious to see the PRIV-like UNI described there. The concern I have resTs with the choice of CPU. Does it match the rest of the innards??

Not just doubt - "highly" doubt.
    02-16-18 10:26 AM

Bla1ze just addressed that in the front page blog post. That Priv illustration is just that... an illustration that was used for the purpose of patenting the camera right after the Priv was originally released. That's how old that illustration is.
    02-16-18 10:27 AM
    Drat, curses... foiled again... I think the PRIV basic design was inspired as was the Passport...
    02-16-18 10:28 AM
    What great news of new phones with BlackBerry logo.

My personal views are these new phones are nothing more than 2 more "Google" phones with BlackBerry badges on the market.

I would much prefer to see new BlackBerry phones with possible BlackBerry 11 OS.

There are millions of unhappy customers with IOS and Android who have no alternative to choose from than these 2 evils.

I cannot understand why BlackBerry can't turn this to their advantage to offer these millions of captive customers all around the world a 3rd choice of new phones with BlackBerry 11 OS?
    02-16-18 10:55 AM
    You may be interested to be reminded of this announcement from BlackBerry.

"should a critical vulnerability be exposed we will engage our partners as needed to develop and deliver necessary patches."

We can only hope that BlackBerry will be true to their promise?
    anon(10218918) and Siren65 like this.
    02-16-18 11:04 AM
    You may be interested to be reminded of this announcement from BlackBerry.

"should a critical vulnerability be exposed we will engage our partners as needed to develop and deliver necessary patches."

We can only hope that BlackBerry will be true to their promise?
    You seem all over the place.

First you want Oreo for the Priv, then you want to scrap BlackBerry Android altogether and put out another proprietary OS no one wanted the first time around, and now you want to patch Priv Marshmallow for Spectre.
    02-16-18 11:10 AM
    What great news of new phones with BlackBerry logo.

My personal views are these new phones are nothing more than 2 more "Google" phones with BlackBerry badges on the market.

I would much prefer to see new BlackBerry phones with possible BlackBerry 11 OS.

There are millions of unhappy customers with IOS and Android who have no alternative to choose from than these 2 evils.

I cannot understand why BlackBerry can't turn this to their advantage to offer these millions of captive customers all around the world a 3rd choice of new phones with BlackBerry 11 OS?
    BlackBerry Did offer these millions of people a chance for the 3rd OS for nearly 3 years. Yet these millions didn't buy BB10 phones. Why do you think they will suddenly buy BB11 phones? Just because the number is bigger?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-18 11:15 AM
    BlackBerry Did offer these millions of people a chance for the 3rd OS for nearly 3 years. Yet these millions didn't buy BB10 phones. Why do you think they will suddenly buy BB11 phones? Just because the number is bigger?

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention Microsoft Mobile OSes, Tizen, Sailfish, Fire OS, etc, etc.
    02-16-18 11:17 AM
    Not to mention Microsoft Mobile OSes, Tizen, Sailfish, Fire OS, etc, etc.
    The best example being Microsoft in this regard!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-18 11:35 AM
    So... your last account got banned last night and you're back with almost an identical thread? Why?

The amount of energy people spend on lost causes is amazing.

And on topic, I'm a Priv owner and I would never sign any such petition. Clinging to the past holds up the future.
    02-16-18 11:47 AM
    I acknowledge your response with thanks.

I was responding to a reply on the Spectre vulnerability.

Secondly, the PRIV is already with Android, I'm just trying to make the best of what I regard as a grave mistake from BlackBerry to have equipped the PRIV with Android OS in the first place.

There are millions of unhappy customers (including me) with the IOS and Android.

I think you will agree with me there is no other choice other than IOS and Android available?
    02-16-18 12:00 PM
    More often than not the truth hurts. I had hoped Crankberry was impartial instead of banning anyone.
    02-16-18 12:03 PM
    It's all about being in the right place at the right time.

Maybe everyone may have learned (including me) something you don't miss the water until the well runs dry!
    02-16-18 12:07 PM

There are millions of unhappy customers (including me) with the IOS and Android.

I think you will agree with me there is no other choice other than IOS and Android available?
    As answered above, these so-called many "millions" are nowhere to be found when it comes to buying something else.

All of the other options were flatly ignored by developers and customers.
    02-16-18 12:31 PM
    More often than not the truth hurts. I had hoped Crankberry was impartial instead of banning anyone.
    One may run into trouble if one believes he/she is the sole purveyor of said "truth".

People are banned for not following forum guidelines - not for content.
    02-16-18 12:33 PM
    Your response is kindly appreciated and reminds me of "The emperor' fine clothes"

Kind regards
    02-16-18 01:00 PM
    /case closed
    02-16-18 02:00 PM