Hi All, I am back with the same request, to have a Blackberry 10 autoloader for the Priv. First of all I would like to let you know that there are many people in this forum who doesnt care if BB10 survives or not. So this post is only for those die hard blackberry fans like me and I wish no one would say BB10 is dead or no new phones are on the way.

The phones released with BB10 where Z10, Z30, Q10, Z3, Classic, Passport and Leap. We all know this. However when we look at the market competition blackberry had at their launches, these products though being pretty good running BB10, they where either not marketed or priced high or faced competition from cheaper android alternatives. (Z3 and Moto G was released side by side). Primary factor for low sales is the higher price. Apps, Developers and specs come secondary only. You all shall remember that when Z10 had a price cut, available in India for around 300$ it sold well. Blackberry should defenitely focus on how the devices are priced. $670m was the loss last reported. With that price 1342685 phones of $499 production cost can be made. Expect some amount of loss and then launch a device at a very competitive price like Moto G, Mi3, Oneplus One etc where released. This will definitely be good for blackberry as they have a good reputation for the hardware. Try flash sales as well coz it has been used by many smartphone vendors. Priv should have been launched at $499, at most $599, but it was priced so heavily. BB10 does not have market share that of Windows Phones. Still its far better than the Windows. Why Windows phone had better market share is because Nokia was releasing Windows phones in every price range and not because these devices where any better.

Blackberry 10 devices in the market are ageing, so does by Z30. I now have a Oneplus One. I wish I had BB10 on this hardware One+ has. If Blackberry does not release any new BB10 devices in this year, they will lose a chunk of their customers. We all need to upgrade our devices in near future. A better camera, processor, memory, battery life and wish for a better app ecosystem. I dont really love the Passport form factor. (No hatred also)

Why BB10 for Priv??
    Priv has proved it is a solid device. Its specs, looks and form factor, all are pretty good. It was priced hefty and so it failed. If it where launched some where around 499$, the scene may be different. We all know Priv is all good, people are familiar with the device. So all Blackberry need to do is to bear for developing BB10 autoloader for Priv. Launching a new device with BB10 may be too risky at this moment. They shall be having many Privs in the inventory like they had with Z10 which was sold for so cheap. Those shall be sold like hot cakes if BB10 autoloader is available and phones discounted to >399$. Another smart move blackberry can do is to provide BB10 auto-loaders for all the future handsets release with android. In that way blackberry can make sure BB10 devices are still be there.

People or investors might think why BB10 should be continued if Android Blackberry succeeds sales. The answer is yes, blackberry should continue to have their own OS as long as they are software/hardware vendor. Google is imposing restrictions and android is mostly under Googles control. At some point of time, android may be under whole control of Google. To thwart this monopoly, Blackberry should continue to have their own BB10 devices.

I request a moderator to start a petition for BB10 priv. Please, BB10 should not die. I love this OS which is so mature than the competition. All its lacking is the apps which shall come on the way when sales are there.
    07-02-16 08:06 AM
    It'll never happen.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-02-16 08:15 AM
    Petition for Priv BB10 Autoloader-1-w9f8ehm87epb5jtkpsy0jq.jpeg

So you're telling me... you want BlackBerry to release a product at a lower price which they already said it costs too much for them to make. Sure.
    07-02-16 08:19 AM
    Goodness me, why on earth would BlackBerry do that?

And I thought THEY were misguided.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and anon(9742832) like this.
    07-02-16 08:35 AM
    Lol

*me173x
    07-02-16 08:59 AM
    [WARN]The OP is entitled to voice his opinion, within the R&G. BlackBerry will not be producing a BlackBerry 10 version for the Priv, as most know.

If you wish to discuss or debate this, please do so in a civil manner! No insults or personal comments[/WARN].
    Wezard and sirius27 like this.
    07-02-16 09:11 AM
    [WARN]The OP is entitled to voice his opinion, within the R&G. BlackBerry will not be producing a BlackBerry 10 version for the Priv, as most know.

If you wish to discuss or debate this, please do so in a civil manner! No insults or personal comments[/WARN].
    But this should be Armchair CEO material, not really discussing about the Priv as a device...
    07-02-16 09:16 AM
    It can stay here for the moment. We'll see how the discussion goes. It may move later.
    07-02-16 09:22 AM
    Folks, I am looking for a petition to be submitted to Blackberry to create an Autoloader for Priv or release a similar spec phone. Why, because there are multiple reasons.
    * BB10 is mature as an OS. Unfortunately it do not have enough third party apps.
    *Current BB10 devices in the market are all nearing EOL. So they have to be upgraded.
    *Android will be the major vendor for quite some time. However it shall be under clutches of Google. In the long run, BB10 will have a niche space in the smartphone market.

If Moto can produce Moto G's, Xiaomi Mi3 & 4, Oneplus 1,2,3 etc at very low costs, then why not blackberry? Go for flash sale. Target developing markets like India, Indonesia etc since US, Canada etc are saturated smartphone markets. Oneplus 3 is launched at US$399 and they are selling it with profit for sure and Priv was launched at 699$. If Blackberry cant make BB10 phones, then tie up with some Chinees tech firm Like Oneplus and order for a million Oneplus 3's prior release. To make them more secure, they shall add some chip as they did in Priv and launch with BB10. A Oneplus 3 with removable storage and 32Gb internal memory running BB10 would have been damn awesome.

One more thing I noticed is that they take longer time to launch in different countries. Devices should be available readily, instead of making carrier exclusive for few months.

Never let go of your dreams!!
    07-02-16 09:37 AM
    Who's going to pay for the R&D drivers to integrate with QNX... you?
    Mecca EL and PygmySurfer like this.
    07-02-16 09:43 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 $763
    BlackBerry Z30 $699
    BlackBerry Priv $699

These where the prices at the time the phones were released. One thing they can do at the moment without much burn in cash shall be launching a BB10 device running internals of Passport, an all touch device to be Z30 successor, like Oneplus One, Zuk Z1 etc with a price tag ~$199 to $299. In that way they dont need to spend on BB10 driver for SD801 as they already have that.

I am not looking for killer specs that latest flagships are having. All I am looking for is an upgrade to the current BB10 devices. I prefer an all touch Blackberrry.
    BlackBerry OS 10.3, upgradable to v10.3.4,
    5.5 inches, 1080 x 1920 pixels,
    microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
    16/32 GB, 3/4 GB RAM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
    13 MP, f/2.0, 30mm, autofocus, OIS, LED flash
    5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
    Li-Ion 3000+ mAh battery
    07-02-16 10:05 AM
    Good luck OP
    07-02-16 10:21 AM
    Good ideal !!
    deepakmohank likes this.
    07-02-16 10:26 AM
    So, take an OS that can't run most of the major apps and put it on slider hardware that is less popular than the current crop of BB10 hardware? That doesn't sound like a winning combination at all. I hope you aren't talking about dual boot which would be an abomination for usability. Imagine having to reboot in order to get your WhatsApp or Facebook notifications.

Let's face it, there's nothing that BB10 has to offer, anymore, other than a UI that a few people got used to. Other than that, it has no reason to exist. Even the vaunted end-to-end security customers can make do with soon-to-be-outdated semi-functional hardware for the next several years i.e. current generation BB10 hardware.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-02-16 10:44 AM
    There are lot a BB10 can offer. Android without Google is far behind a BB10 developer release. Apart from thirdparty apps, the OS is so mature that it works flawlessly and is better than the competition. In my Z30, I haven't had to install any third party browser. For android, I had to use Firefox or Opera which I prefer as Chrome or default browser used to get unwanted pop-ups etc. What if you are having:

BlackBerry OS 10.3, upgradable to v10.3.4,
    5.5 inches, 1080 x 1920 pixels,
    microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
    16/32 GB, 3/4 GB RAM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
    13 MP, f/2.0, 30mm, autofocus, OIS, LED flash
    5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
    Li-Ion 3000+ mAh battery

This is a definite upgrade for all those Z3, Z10, Z30's and Leaps. Looking for such device with lower price tag.
    07-02-16 10:48 AM

This is a definite upgrade for all those Z3, Z10, Z30's and Leaps. Looking for such device with lower price tag.
    You'll be looking forever then. Might as well forget it and get on with your life.
    Mecca EL and nbaliga like this.
    07-02-16 10:58 AM
    07-02-16 11:15 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windmills.jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	403299
    Captain?
    07-02-16 11:20 AM
    There are lot a BB10 can offer. Android without Google is far behind a BB10 developer release. Apart from thirdparty apps, the OS is so mature that it works flawlessly and is better than the competition.
    This defies belief given that Android has always had the infinite resources of Google's mobile strategy behind it while BB10 had the finite resources of a software company trying to make hardware profitable and now has pretty much none going forward. This should make any rational person step back from smartphone functional fixation, i.e. "this is how it must work," to really question their stance. For BB10 to be so mature that it works flawlessly and better than the well-heeled competition would be truly magical. Anyone who thinks this is pretty dug-in and is destined for the webOSNations experience - a place where our discontinued OS still works the best...So say we few!
    07-02-16 11:26 AM
    I just wish priv would of launch with bb10 not android or at least have a choice in the start up screen on which os to run.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    07-02-16 03:02 PM
    After quite long period of time using Androi OS, I came back with BB 9900, and next several months I addicted to Passport in which I have been interested in exploring and enjoying.

Posted via BlackBerry
    07-02-16 08:55 PM
    I just wish priv would of launch with bb10 not android or at least have a choice in the start up screen on which os to run.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    Not possible if you want Google Play services on the android portion
    07-02-16 11:21 PM
    Hi All, I am back with the same request, to have a Blackberry 10 autoloader for the Priv. First of all I would like to let you know that there are many people in this forum who doesnt care if BB10 survives or not. So this post is only for those die hard blackberry fans like me and I wish no one would say BB10 is dead or no new phones are on the way.

The phones released with BB10 where Z10, Z30, Q10, Z3, Classic, Passport and Leap. We all know this. However when we look at the market competition blackberry had at their launches, these products though being pretty good running BB10, they where either not marketed or priced high or faced competition from cheaper android alternatives. (Z3 and Moto G was released side by side). Primary factor for low sales is the higher price. Apps, Developers and specs come secondary only. You all shall remember that when Z10 had a price cut, available in India for around 300$ it sold well. Blackberry should defenitely focus on how the devices are priced. $670m was the loss last reported. With that price 1342685 phones of $499 production cost can be made. Expect some amount of loss and then launch a device at a very competitive price like Moto G, Mi3, Oneplus One etc where released. This will definitely be good for blackberry as they have a good reputation for the hardware. Try flash sales as well coz it has been used by many smartphone vendors. Priv should have been launched at $499, at most $599, but it was priced so heavily. BB10 does not have market share that of Windows Phones. Still its far better than the Windows. Why Windows phone had better market share is because Nokia was releasing Windows phones in every price range and not because these devices where any better.

Blackberry 10 devices in the market are ageing, so does by Z30. I now have a Oneplus One. I wish I had BB10 on this hardware One+ has. If Blackberry does not release any new BB10 devices in this year, they will lose a chunk of their customers. We all need to upgrade our devices in near future. A better camera, processor, memory, battery life and wish for a better app ecosystem. I dont really love the Passport form factor. (No hatred also)

Why BB10 for Priv??
    Priv has proved it is a solid device. Its specs, looks and form factor, all are pretty good. It was priced hefty and so it failed. If it where launched some where around 499$, the scene may be different. We all know Priv is all good, people are familiar with the device. So all Blackberry need to do is to bear for developing BB10 autoloader for Priv. Launching a new device with BB10 may be too risky at this moment. They shall be having many Privs in the inventory like they had with Z10 which was sold for so cheap. Those shall be sold like hot cakes if BB10 autoloader is available and phones discounted to >399$. Another smart move blackberry can do is to provide BB10 auto-loaders for all the future handsets release with android. In that way blackberry can make sure BB10 devices are still be there.

People or investors might think why BB10 should be continued if Android Blackberry succeeds sales. The answer is yes, blackberry should continue to have their own OS as long as they are software/hardware vendor. Google is imposing restrictions and android is mostly under Googles control. At some point of time, android may be under whole control of Google. To thwart this monopoly, Blackberry should continue to have their own BB10 devices.

I request a moderator to start a petition for BB10 priv. Please, BB10 should not die. I love this OS which is so mature than the competition. All its lacking is the apps which shall come on the way when sales are there.
    While I can understand your thought, the reality is the two OS systems are moving in different directions. One is moving to Corprate/Government the other more towards the general consumer.

This blog reminds me of the people screaming for the OS 10 update! Why they have no idea, but we want it! If it works why fix it?

People need to chill and enjoy the phone they have chosen. Stop looking and worrying about things that mean nothing!
    07-03-16 07:34 AM
    Armchair CEO time
    Though I am in no way unsympathetic with OP's desires.
    Maybe there should be a whole new forum "Pie In The Sky".
    Ernest Xiang and andy957 like this.
    07-03-16 08:02 AM
    Armchair CEO time
    Though I am in no way unsympathetic with OP's desires.
    Maybe there should be a whole new forum "Pie In The Sky".
    The unicorns and leprechauns forum.
    07-03-16 08:10 AM
139 123 ...