Take note that I have my 5 Priv updated and in working condition so more than 300 units out there is possible
    Wonderful. Please have all 5 with you in London and don't forget your bowler?
    06-22-18 08:42 AM
    I found that a quick dunk in the toilet solved all of my PRIV problems.
    Thankfully your phone didn't autocorrect "PRIV" to "private"

On a serious note though, all Priv enthusiasts are MUCH better off purchasing a KEY2, to hopefully secure more PKB devices in the future.

Whether those will come in the form of giant candybar, compact candybar, slider, or even clip-on attachments is secondary.
    06-22-18 09:01 AM
    Wonderful. Please have all 5 with you in London and don't forget your bowler?
    You're addressing the wrong person. Maybe pay more attention next time?
    06-22-18 09:05 AM
    Take note that I have my 5 Priv updated and in working condition so more than 300 units out there is possible
    Have all 5 with you in London. Don't forget your bowler!
    06-22-18 10:25 AM
    I can certainly assure you I am not a fan of any of the BlackBerry models after the PRIV.

I'll be keeping the PRIV until after the summer when the competitions (Nokia) will be releasing their new flagship models.

Regretful it is my departure from BlackBerry after well over a decade.
    So, you want BB to put out all the costs to bring newer Android to the PRIV so that you can CONTINUE to use your PRIV.

If they don't, you are going to buy a competitor's phone, thereby depriving BB/TCL of the profit from selling ONE PHONE.

If BB does spend all of the money required to bring newer Android to your PRIV then you will keep that PRIV - THEREBY DEPRIVING BB OF THE PROFIT FROM YOU BUYING ANOTHER PHONE!

No matter WHAT they do, BB is going to LOSE under this scenario.

The ONLY way that they win that I can see is to develop a NEW SLIDER phone.
    Maybe that would make them money, maybe it wouldn't. I can't answer that.

What I can point out is that the idea of keeping you happy by them spending the money required to bring newer Android to the PRIV is JUST NOT GOING TO GET BB ANYTHING.
    Nothing.
    06-22-18 11:38 AM
    So, you want BB to put out all the costs to bring newer Android to the PRIV so that you can CONTINUE to use your PRIV.

If they don't, you are going to buy a competitor's phone, thereby depriving BB/TCL of the profit from selling ONE PHONE.

If BB does spend all of the money required to bring newer Android to your PRIV then you will keep that PRIV - THEREBY DEPRIVING BB OF THE PROFIT FROM YOU BUYING ANOTHER PHONE!

No matter WHAT they do, BB is going to LOSE under this scenario.

The ONLY way that they win that I can see is to develop a NEW SLIDER phone.
    Maybe that would make them money, maybe it wouldn't. I can't answer that.

What I can point out is that the idea of keeping you happy by them spending the money required to bring newer Android to the PRIV is JUST NOT GOING TO GET BB ANYTHING.
    Nothing.
    Or convince ALL the 100,000 remaining Priv users to each contribute $500 to $1000 towards the update cause - assuming it can even be done.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-22-18 11:53 AM
    Or convince ALL the 100,000 remaining Priv users to each contribute $500 to $1000 towards the update cause - assuming it can even be done.
    There are only 2 things that the Priv has over the KEYone/KEY2:

- An extra 0.5 inches of screen estate

- OLED panel

If TCL had gone for an OLED instead of LCD, the only thing left for the Priv would be the extra half inch of screen.
    Would have made it easier for the die hard Priv holdouts to jump to KEY2
    06-22-18 12:18 PM

- OLED panel

If TCL had gone for an OLED instead of LCD, the only thing left for the Priv would be the extra half inch of screen.
    Honestly I have no idea why some have issues with the screen technology. I have the Priv too and don't find it any better.
    06-22-18 12:20 PM
    It would seem that the recent AAW068 and the latest BlackBerry Apps updates have injected new life into the PRIV.

I'll noticed that the battery stamina is improved. It does not get as quickly warm as prior to these updates.

It's almost as rising from the Ashford?
    Injected new life? Mine never died.

An updated OS for a phone that is three years old? Not going to happen.
    06-22-18 12:29 PM

- OLED panel

The slider form factor.

That was a key reason for me to go PRIV instead of waiting a bit longer for KeyOne.
    Sigewif likes this.
    06-22-18 12:56 PM
    This is a thread for you to petition to have the PRIV upgraded with Android P.

I think the PRIV still has a very useful life and may be able to be upgraded with the Android P software. It may solve many of the issues with the PRIV everyone has been reporting.

There are currently I think many PRIVs being used.

More importantly having the PRIV still in circulation will mean one less competitor brand phone in the market and, until TCL turn out another similar equivalent phone PRIV owners (including me) will be more than ready to make the switch over.

Please, kindly no negative comments.

Just your cooperation and support. United we can be a formidable force.
    Dilly, Dilly!
    06-22-18 09:27 PM
    Another slider is coming. Blackberry mobile is all about standing out from the crowd.
    Cool story bro!
    06-22-18 10:45 PM
    So would a hammer.
    * drops mic
    06-22-18 11:49 PM
    Injected new life? Mine never died.

An updated OS for a phone that is three years old? Not going to happen.
    Alive and kicking like an *** on fire.
    06-23-18 06:32 AM
    Alive and kicking like an *** on fire.
    I'm really sorry you have so much trouble with your Priv, I don't, many others don't as well. Now, if I play a game, it might get hot, but then again, so did my wife's Samsung. In day to day use, I have no issues with my Priv. You though seem to relish in posting multiple threads bashing a phone you seem so intent on resurrecting. If you hate it so much, and have so many issues, move on.
    06-23-18 11:29 AM
    I'm really sorry you have so much trouble with your Priv, I don't, many others don't as well. Now, if I play a game, it might get hot, but then again, so did my wife's Samsung. In day to day use, I have no issues with my Priv. You though seem to relish in posting multiple threads bashing a phone you seem so intent on resurrecting. If you hate it so much, and have so many issues, move on.
    You have misunderstood my comment.

No problem with my PRIV. It is working like clock work. (Alive and kicking like a donkey on fire).

I think you'll have a hard time finding my comments with problems on my PRIV?
    06-23-18 11:55 AM
    There will NOT be another slider - certainly not in the foreseeable future.

Anyone who needs a keyboard, will be more than happy with (or reluctantly settle with) a KEY².
    I would say that I am very happy that there are still PKB BlackBerrys being made. But,
    I am not in the "more than happy" camp.
    You do sound very sure of your stance, but have left a crumb of hope. "Not in the foreseeable future..." That doesn't completely rule it out. The foreseeable future isn't that far ahead in the world of smart phones.
    Anyway, it sounds as though, just maybe, you have somewhat of an inside track compared to some of us others.
    I personally think that before there is a new PRIV type device made, the new BlackBerry pkb devices need to become more known first. Therefore it is prudent to wait until the 5 G band widths are widespread. At that time more people would be interested in a investing in something like a flagship slider. So that would necessarily be down the road a piece.
    06-23-18 01:07 PM

- OLED panel

Actually, yesterday I discovered something else the PRIV does better. I wanted to add a text title to a photo for Telegram. On my KEY2 I couldn't see what I was writing till it was in a pre-post mode (and quite buggy). I finally got it to work by using landscape and the VKB. But it is awkward. With my PRIV it was a breeze.
    06-23-18 01:20 PM
    You have misunderstood my comment.

No problem with my PRIV. It is working like clock work. (Alive and kicking like a donkey on fire).

I think you'll have a hard time finding my comments with problems on my PRIV?
    Sorry I misunderstood. Carry on.
    06-23-18 01:49 PM

- OLED panel

Let's not forget 12MP Schneider-Kreuznach lens. I love my PRIV, but I'm under no false pretenses that there will be the slightest support for it going forward.

Let's be realistic. There won't be an update to PRIV. Hoping for it is just going to be a disappointment because an online petition will not cause BlackBerry Mobile, TCL or anyone else to spend money on developers and testing.

The financial payback even if it's for the "blocking" strategy for something coming down the line just doesn't check out. The BlackBerry market is not big enough (right now) to support dollars wasted on these things.
    06-24-18 04:27 PM
    I switched to a Motion from a Priv a number of months ago. Never looked back. Night and day difference with responsiveness. I used the same trick with the Motion that I did with the Priv... set animations to .5. Runs great! The only thing I ever used the Priv keyboard for was scrolling. BlackBerry virtual keyboard is very good. Can't tell you how pleased I've been with the Motion...so much so that the Key2 is not an option for me. Looking forward to the Motion getting Android O.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-24-18 06:52 PM
    What's the Venn diagram of "people who still care about BB10" and "people with the technical knowhow to do anything about it in the exceedingly unlikely event it gets open sourced"? Two separate circles? Not to mention all of that signature crap.

Besides, this isn't the reanimate the corpse of BB10 thread, this is the reanimate the corpse of the Priv thread.
    I was referring to the Priv.
    06-24-18 07:05 PM
    I firmly disagree.

I had a long discussion with BlackBerry Mobile's head of security this week, and learned some extremely interesting things.

Much of this will come to light very soon, so stay tuned.
    I'm definitely interested. Anything above there being a hardened kernel, in the Priv's OS, is about as creditable as the earth being flat, and there are A LOT of flat earthers out there. What'd I do with my mind control sunglasses 🤔
    06-24-18 07:10 PM
    What'd I do with my mind control sunglasses 🤔

They're probably on top of your head.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-24-18 10:40 PM
    Let's not forget 12MP Schneider-Kreuznach lens. I love my PRIV, but I'm under no false pretenses that there will be the slightest support for it going forward.

Let's be realistic. There won't be an update to PRIV. Hoping for it is just going to be a disappointment because an online petition will not cause BlackBerry Mobile, TCL or anyone else to spend money on developers and testing.

The financial payback even if it's for the "blocking" strategy for something coming down the line just doesn't check out. The BlackBerry market is not big enough (right now) to support dollars wasted on these things.
    Priv has an 18MP sensor, not 12MP.
    06-25-18 07:57 AM
97 1234