This is a thread for you to petition to have the PRIV upgraded with Android P.

I think the PRIV still has a very useful life and may be able to be upgraded with the Android P software. It may solve many of the issues with the PRIV everyone has been reporting.

There are currently I think many PRIVs being used.

More importantly having the PRIV still in circulation will mean one less competitor brand phone in the market and, until TCL turn out another similar equivalent phone PRIV owners (including me) will be more than ready to make the switch over.

Please, kindly no negative comments.

Just your cooperation and support. United we can be a formidable force.
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    06-21-18 12:41 PM
    You just gonna jump to P, huh? Sorry, not trying to be negative but it ain't happening.
    Mecca EL, john_v, PHughes and 4 others like this.
    06-21-18 12:56 PM
    I'm not trying to be negative or anything but I personally don't think that the 808 can handle P. It would be great to have Nougat, oreo or P but the PRIV can barely handle Marshmallow. It would become so hot and sluggish. Why not petition to get Nougat start with something that is actually achievable since a lot of 808's are able to handle and are running Nougat.
    06-21-18 02:08 PM
    As @BlackberryPrivUzer points out, the processor may well not have the power to run "P".

I can't see BB doing this - what financial incentive would there be for them?
    06-21-18 02:26 PM

This is a forum for discussion, not your Safe Space. As long as the TOS isn't being violated, people are free to post what they want.

Also, internet petitions don't work.
    glwerry, john_v, PHughes and 2 others like this.
    06-21-18 03:01 PM
    It may solve many of the issues with the PRIV everyone has been reporting.
    So would a hammer.
    Mecca EL, john_v, Carjackd and 2 others like this.
    06-21-18 03:05 PM
    You just gonna jump to P, huh? Sorry, not trying to be negative but it ain't happening.
    Looking forward to meeting in London smartly dress? Don't forget to have your bowler with you!
    06-21-18 05:00 PM
    As @BlackberryPrivUzer points out, the processor may well not have the power to run "P".

I can't see BB doing this - what financial incentive would there be for them?
    The financial incentive is intangible in that the PRIV will be longer in circulation, hence one less of another competitor brand phones being sold.

In addition, I think that most of the PRIV users will most likely jump for a another similar BlackBerry phone should one be released by TCL without any hesitation after having their PRIV for the length of time.
    06-21-18 05:07 PM
    I'm not trying to be negative or anything but I personally don't think that the 808 can handle P. It would be great to have Nougat, oreo or P but the PRIV can barely handle Marshmallow. It would become so hot and sluggish. Why not petition to get Nougat start with something that is actually achievable since a lot of 808's are able to handle and are running Nougat.
    You may be correct with the 808 chip.

I'm not an engineer expert with the respective knowledge.

However, this much I think I know is as CEO John Chen is Chinese he will definitely not want to go back on his decision with Nougat. This is an absolute no go, it would meaning loosing face. Something extremely grave in Chinese culture.

However, BlackBerry did not make a statement on the Oreo and the P for the PRIV therefore if by some miracle chance it was to happen CEO John Chen will have saved his face.
    06-21-18 05:18 PM
    This is a thread for you to petition to have the PRIV upgraded with Android P.

I think the PRIV still has a very useful life and may be able to be upgraded with the Android P software. It may solve many of the issues with the PRIV everyone has been reporting.

There are currently I think many PRIVs being used.

More importantly having the PRIV still in circulation will mean one less competitor brand phone in the market and, until TCL turn out another similar equivalent phone PRIV owners (including me) will be more than ready to make the switch over.

I love the PRIV form factor and hope that there is eventually a PRIV2 type device. According to some, that is a longshot. However, I can dream and would definitely be interested. There are 2 other pkb devices they are planning this year. Probably not a slider in the mix--but who knows... The industry is in a transition time right now with G5 speeds being built out over the next couple of years. I would like something compatible for when that comes available, that has a pkb. Just maybe they will build a slider then. In the mean time, I have my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and also a PRIV and am using both. The KEY2 is also a device to consider in the mean time.
    macterp likes this.
    06-21-18 05:21 PM
    Another slider is coming. Blackberry mobile is all about standing out from the crowd.
    Sigewif and nuffznuff like this.
    06-21-18 05:26 PM

However, this much I think I know is as CEO John Chen is Chinese he will definitely not want to go back on his decision with Nougat. This is an absolute no go, it would meaning loosing face. Something extremely grave in Chinese culture.

However, BlackBerry did not make a statement on the Oreo and the P for the PRIV therefore if by some miracle chance it was to happen CEO John Chen will have saved his face.
    That is true that Chen didn't say anything about the priv getting oreo or p but since the device is EOLed and wouldn't receive any more updates unless a critical issues arises wouldn't he be loosing face by giving an update to a different operating system
    06-21-18 05:27 PM

There actually was a statement made by BlackBerry which stated there would be no more updates as of Nov. 2017 except for critical security updates as needed (we got one of those). I don't have the article at hand but there was a definite statement. Maybe someone reading this does.
    06-21-18 05:31 PM
    Another slider is coming. Blackberry mobile is all about standing out from the crowd.
    No, and they already do.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-21-18 05:32 PM
    I would love that!
    06-21-18 05:34 PM
    That is true that Chen didn't say anything about the priv getting oreo or p but since the device is EOLed and wouldn't receive any more updates unless a critical issues arises wouldn't he be loosing face by giving an update to a different operating system
    Your question is welcome.

No he will not loose face if by chance the PRIV was miraculously updated with let's say the Oreo or P for the simple reason that BlackBerry statement "only" had mentioned the "Nougat" .
    06-21-18 05:41 PM
    No, and they already do.
    Have I read BlackBerry wrong for well over the decade that I have been a loyal BlackBerry?

I think I have always been under the impression that BlackBerry is all about "Privacy and Security" !
    06-21-18 05:45 PM
    There actually was a statement made by BlackBerry which stated there would be no more updates as of Nov. 2017 except for critical security updates as needed (we got one of those). I don't have the article at hand but there was a definite statement. Maybe someone reading this does.
    Correct about the statement, however it did no mentioning at the time of Oreo or P .

Dreaming is a wonderful past time undertaking?
    06-21-18 05:49 PM
    Have I read BlackBerry wrong for well over the decade that I have been a loyal BlackBerry?

I think I have always been under the impression that BlackBerry is all about "Privacy and Security" !
    Huh?
    06-21-18 06:25 PM
    Hopefully will TCL | BlackBerry Mobile read this topic.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-18 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    They have already done extensive ROI analysis on the various form factors.

A petition signed by 3, 30, or 300 people won't change the math.
    06-21-18 07:00 PM
    They have already done extensive ROI analysis on the various form factors.

A petition signed by 3, 30, or 300 people won't change the math.
    They didn't ask me. . But in seriousness, I think the PRIV had so many things going against it, not least, the negativity of those who realized that BB10 was not going to continue. Then there were things like the overheating and the not-yet-ready software. I believe that what was worked on and improved on the Priv is what made the KEYone possible. If KEYone had been released first with the headwinds Priv faced, it would most likely have been a failure.
    It may be the Priv form factor or a sleeker version of it will gain interest down the road.
    06-21-18 07:32 PM
    They didn't ask me. . But in seriousness, I think the PRIV had so many things going against it, not least, the negativity of those who realized that BB10 was not going to continue. Then there were things like the overheating and the not-yet-ready software. I believe that what was worked on and improved on the Priv is what made the KEYone possible. If KEYone had been released first with the headwinds Priv faced, it would most likely have been a failure.
    It may be the Priv form factor or a sleeker version of it will gain interest down the road.
    It would seem that the recent AAW068 and the latest BlackBerry Apps updates have injected new life into the PRIV.

I'll noticed that the battery stamina is improved. It does not get as quickly warm as prior to these updates.

It's almost as rising from the Ashford?
    06-21-18 08:12 PM
    It would seem that the recent AAW068 and the latest BlackBerry Apps updates have injected new life into the PRIV.

I'll noticed that the battery stamina is improved. It does not get as quickly warm as prior to these updates.

It's almost as rising from the Ashford?
    It's almost as rising from the ashes!
    06-21-18 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that be an early Christmas treat from TCL?

Let's keep hope alive we may be able to get their attention?
    06-21-18 08:17 PM
97 123 ...