I saw the video and read the article from Blaize. I want to add my personal opinion based on the video and probably also my experience using my Z10.

BlackBerry Hub

I already used to utilize my mobile device with the Blackberry OS 10. This OS 10, the most useful interaction is the swipe from bottom and left, which enable me to open the Blackberry Hub.*

Since I saw and observe the video, the way Blackberry implement accessing the Hub It's very interesting, and quite similar on how they implemented in their own OS. And I think if this can be implemented in various devices, and add a charge or subscription model into Android (only for The BlackBerry Hub), they will survive as a company that provide a streamline communication experiences (email, whatsapp, facebook, sms, and phone.). It is also to be seen, which communication based application that will be integrated into The BlackBerry Hub and whether other application developer willing to share their access program with the BlackBerry.

In my personal opinion they implemented right, based solely on the observation from the video.*

BlackBerry Keyboard

They implemented the similar approach from Passport, where the keyboard can be used with swipe gestures. And this is the new Interaction and since the passport Launch last year, this BlackBerry Venice make the right decision on using the Keyboard. This is the step to promote that BlackBerry STILL make the best physical keyboard Phone. Because (i assumed) the majority of users do not consider which Operating System they mobile device have, as long as they can use the mobile device for their purposes (taking picture, call, texting and multimedia).*

In my personal opinion they slide mode, with Passport Type Keyboard is another right decision, based on the observation on the video and personal experience with BB OS 10 and Android. With the 2 year old hardware, my BB z10 still provide a very unique typing experience which other Android device or App cannot provide and the experience that I prefer until the very moment.*

Other Factor

Based on this video and latest developments about this information leak, the stance from Chen about not going publicly about BlackBerry Venice and Android Implementation is also very wise choices, since he knows the perception of BlackBerry loyalist about Android Devices. At this point I think Chen try to avoid Stock Market debacle about BlackBerry because they are also developing other solution such as Internet of Things which still need the public trust and funding. Instead he "allow" people to leak the information about Venice slow but steadily to "educate" the market. The video it's one of the proof of his latest strategy. And by the release time the resistance of BlackBerry loyalist will be mitigated at the level that they may be considering buying one.

Therefor I think BlackBerry Venice will be a success for the people that loves android AND missing the physical keyboard. They will love their new provided BlackBerry physical keyboard.*

Posted via CB10
    nonamenomore and bakron1 like this.
    09-19-15 04:55 AM
    It should do a lot better than BB10 phones,It looks beautiful and hopefully people will buy it,lol
    09-19-15 05:14 AM
    It should do a lot better than BB10 phones,It looks beautiful and hopefully people will buy it,lol
    Yeah, but then we BlackBerrians aren't unique anymore and most definitely can't use the beloved Kurt Cobain quote any longer.

"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same."

And before you know we'll be like iSheep too.
    09-19-15 05:20 AM
    I'm going to miss the gesture, it makes the most sense in productivity based applications. Blackberry's probably wasn't able the OS it was the apps gap. Now the os looks "familiar" to everyone else , but let's keep the BEST of BlackBerry 10. Gesture are cool

Z10
    09-19-15 05:26 AM
    Yeah, but then we BlackBerrians aren't unique anymore and most definitely can't use the beloved Kurt Cobain quote any longer.

"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Not at all.
    There will still be a whole ton of features that make BlackBerry unique.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-19-15 05:27 AM
    Not at all.
    There will still be a whole ton of features that make BlackBerry unique.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    Yeah, it's about bringing capacitive physical keyboard experience into the masses.

Although I'm curious how BlackBerry Hub going to be implemented and integrated. Honestly, I hate android Notification. It's just messy.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4880485) likes this.
    09-21-15 02:51 PM
    Agree regarding android notifications. There is nothing like the Peek gesture...it's so efficient and useful.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4880485) likes this.
    09-21-15 07:30 PM
    Agree regarding android notifications. There is nothing like the Peek gesture...it's so efficient and useful.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it's just functional. Since there is no live hand on videos on BlackBerry Hub, yet, the speculation on how it's going to be implemented grows.

That leave us the question, is BlackBerry Hub in Venice going to be the Communication/Notification Manager(like in BlackBerry OS 10) or just another email app in Android?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:58 PM
    oh my god I hope not that is not a good thing ...would have to take myself outside and jump of a bridge lol
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-22-15 01:28 AM
    oh my god I hope not that is not a good thing ...would have to take myself outside and jump of a bridge lol
    We will be insecure and hacked just like apple and android users, as you can see from the most recent apple hack.
    09-22-15 01:38 AM