Is there anyway to set the permission to each app and allow it to use location etc only while using the app?

On iOS, i can set it either on/off or while using, but i cant seem to find that in Andriod or i need to download some other app ?
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    07-26-16 09:33 AM
    With Marshmallow you can set permissions as on or off for individual apps, but I am unaware of a "on while open" setting.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-16 09:52 AM
    Thanks.

The "On while open" is really useful as some of those apps, such as maps, seems always access to the GPS and eating battery very badly.
    08-01-16 10:55 PM
    Thanks.

The "On while open" is really useful as some of those apps, such as maps, seems always access to the GPS and eating battery very badly.
    Set DTEK to warn you of ANY location access. You will at least be able to identify these rogue apps and either turn off location services for them, or decide to delete them.
    08-01-16 10:59 PM
    The DTEK app is included in every BlackBerry powered by Android device:

So you're not only having permission control but also can get notified on every access of permission and e.g. get shown detailed on a map where the location was requested and how many times in an hour that happend (which I amazingly too often for my taste in some apps)

I don't know exactly what you mean by "only when using" but there is NO timed option "in the next 5min or 1h the app gets access to permission X" that I know of.

But I also get notified of access sometimes when apps are not open anymore in the drawer, but seemingly in the background so I "force close" those apps in the app preferences then. Sadly there is no easy way of force closing apps right know. Would like to see this option implemented in the app switcher where one can usually close apps.

Oh and another caveat is that some apps "are more equal then others", will say preinstalled google apps (maps, earth, messenger, photos, playstore, drive... you name it) and BlackBerry apps (telephone, calendar, hub, notes, contacts, services and even DTEK itself displaying a Google map and so sending location data to google...) get NOT monitored by DTEK.

But you can set those permissions too manually in usual app preferences by marshmallow OS.

For those location aware ones you can also use a third party app to fake your location data in the background (well but giving the third party dev access to you location )
    Last edited by gizmo21; 08-01-16 at 11:48 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-16 11:20 PM
    Thanks for all the details.

what i mean by "only when using"or better wording might be "only while using" is, lets say i use TripAdvisor, it would request location several times a day. I use this app occasionally, so i can not delete it. I only want to have this app to have permission to access location when i open , so when i need it , it could access locations while i open this app.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-07-16 10:38 AM