From my chat with AT&T today.
    "But after doing a little research, we will be releasing the Marshmallow for the Priv as early as this week until early June."

From my chat log today:

• Gregory : Okay just making sure, so even if we discontinue the phone. We still roll out updates for it if on the network. You can also contact the manufacturer directly to push it to the phone as well if it were to ever be stopped.
    • James : AT&T is already two generations behind on the Android version and Blackberry does not have updates for the AT&T phones but they do for non-USA phones. Will AT&T update the Android versions and if so when?
    • Gregory : I wouldn't have a time table on when, I normally find out the week of when new updates are released. For example, when the S6 got Marshmallow the last week of April and early May, I knew that week during. But if Blackberry would not, we should still offer the updates if needed if still on the AT&T network.
    • Gregory : If branded on another carrier, it would only work on the carrier to get the update over the air.
    • James : Mine is branded AT&T and I will stay with you. I understand AT&T is rolling out Mashmallow on other makes but not on the PRIV. That is my concern.
    • Gregory : I'm not certain if the Priv will get Marshmallow, I just know as long as it's on the network, it has the opportunity to get that update if ever allowed. I just don't have a timetable for it now at this time.
    • James : You say "allowed." Is this a Blackberry, AT&T decision or depending on technical issues?
    • Gregory : It would be a joint decision most likely from both Blackberry and AT&T. As the manufacturer and carrier work together to push out updates. But after doing a little research, we will be releasing the Marshmallow for the Priv as early as this week until early June.
    05-21-16 11:48 AM
    I was expecting June since we didn't get it with the may update. However, anything a rep says must be taken with a rock of salt.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-21-16 12:15 PM
    Yeah these guys typically have no idea what they are talking about and will tell you whatever you will want to hear to get you off the phone.
    05-21-16 12:24 PM
    The thread title should be corrected to say... "Per AT&T Rep." I think all of us on AT&T, or other US carriers for that matter, know that the reps do not have or provide credible information. Especially when it comes to OS updates.

If this information was coming from AT&T corporate and posted by CrackBerry I would be more of a believer that this is accurate information. Unfortunately I will take this information with my typical skepticism and hope for the best.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    05-21-16 01:01 PM
    I am expecting September or October since they are so pisspoor about getting updates out in a timely manner!!!! 😠

From my Awesome Priv!!!!
    05-21-16 03:49 PM
    I am expecting September or October since they are so pisspoor about getting updates out in a timely manner!!!! 😠

From my Awesome Priv!!!!
    With my February security patch.

5.1.1 Priv
    05-21-16 05:56 PM
    Guess I should start saving up for a shop BB or start saying Android N in 2018
    05-21-16 09:44 PM
    i expect this week because it falls in line with the lag we have seen from when an update is first released until AT&T pushes it. about 3 weeks.
    in the immortal word of blackberry SOON!

edit:
    if indead he gets notified about a week ahead. he probably just checked and saw it was coming next week.
    Norg likes this.
    05-21-16 09:52 PM
    i expect this week because it falls in line with the lag we have seen from when an update is first released until AT&T pushes it. about 3 weeks.
    in the immortal word of blackberry SOON!

edit:
    if indead he gets notified about a week ahead. he probably just checked and saw it was coming next week.
    That's the most positive response that I've read to date., looking forward to getting it now.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CB for Android
    05-21-16 11:11 PM
    From my chat with AT&T today.
    "But after doing a little research, we will be releasing the Marshmallow for the Priv as early as this week until early June."
    I wrote that 7 days ago and nothing so far - that is not encouraging.
    05-27-16 12:40 PM
    It's still early. It may happen.

Passport to Rome
    05-27-16 12:57 PM
    Unfortunately AT&T reps don't have credible information regarding updates I'm afraid. They simply just don't have access to this information.

One morning I was bored so I entertained myself making an inquiry regarding the Marshmallow OS update. The gal I spoke with told me that AT&T does not release BlackBerry updates for the carrier locked Priv. She said they come directly from BlackBerry and not from AT&T.

It's amazing what these AT&T reps will tell you.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    c1ferret likes this.
    05-27-16 01:11 PM
    Update. This AM Sunday, May 29, I received an update from AT&T. Turns out it was the May 1, 2016 Security Patch as an update to the Feb. update. The OS is still 5.1.1 at Build number AAE599 so maybe this security update is what the support rep saw was going to rolled out.

Since I have not seen any mention here about a beta of the AT&T Marshmallow.
    05-29-16 06:41 PM
    It's now mid June... where is the update??????
    06-20-16 12:06 AM
    -.-
    Last edited by Itsbackandnotgoingaway; 06-23-16 at 12:10 AM.
    06-20-16 12:12 AM
    I am on beta and wouldn't be surprised that ATT go through one or two revisions before approval. I don't know what it is, but the May security fix Lollipop still feels a tiny bit more mature than MM beta.

Just hang on and wait a little longer, the public release is on its way for sure. Honestly, MM should be called Lollipop+. Except for app permission, many refinements are appreciated but not game changing.
    06-20-16 12:21 AM
    It's now mid June... where is the update??????
    Still in Beta. I say still another 2-3 weeks to go.
    Meo Long likes this.
    06-20-16 06:14 AM
    I've been on Marshmallow for a month+
    AT&T Carrier
    Purchased phone direct from BlackBerry.
    That's because your phone is from BlackBerry not At&t.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-21-16 03:30 PM