How did you disable the BlackBerry launcher?

I'm able to uninstall updates and force stop the app, but I can't find a way to disable it.

So, how'd you do it? I don't want to run a different launcher if the BlackBerry launcher is still running in the background.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-14-16 04:34 PM
    No need to disable it, just select it as the default (choose "always" when it asks the first time after you hit home). You can then always revert back if you change your mind
    03-14-16 05:41 PM
    No need to disable it, just select it as the default (choose "always" when it asks the first time after you hit home). You can then always revert back if you change your mind
    But that keeps running it. Why should I waste battery and processing power on an app that's not being used?

I want to actually disable it.

03-14-16 05:49 PM
    It doesn't keep it running, it will only run the one you set as default. Certainly doesn't impact on battery life or processor. Some people even reported improved battery life with alternative launchers (nova)
    03-14-16 05:51 PM
    Oh, if you find it still in your running apps list after you switch to another launcher that's because it is still 'listening' to notifications. You have to uncheck it in notification settings (settings->sound & notification->notification access)
    03-14-16 05:54 PM
    Hmm, thanks. I'll look into it.

03-14-16 06:13 PM
    Didn't do anything just selected nova as "always" and the computers do the rest

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-14-16 06:14 PM