I saw this on Droid Life comments and it's probably the best price comparison I've seen.

Yes, BlackBerry has some innovative features, but the question is whether or not those features are worth $200 more. I'm on the fence still.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    To Businesses and Government this is a way better phone than those. Can you partition those devices for security? Do they have a PBK and VKB, Do you have a great Suite of products what BlackBerry adds to it? Do you have BES12 /Good Technologies to work with it?

There is your value add. Again, if you don't need any of the above you won't see value difference.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 10:24 AM
    To Businesses and Government this is a way better phone than those. Can you partition those devices for security? Do they have a PBK and VKB, Do you have a great Suite of products what BlackBerry adds to it? Do you have BES12 /Good Technologies to work with it?

There is your value add. Again, if you don't need any of the above you won't see value difference.

Key words: to business and government. If the price is reflective of that, BlackBerry is pricing out the average nonbusiness consumer.

Additionally, isn't BlackBerry still intent on offering software services such as the hub and whatnot as well as BES on other devices?
    10-30-15 10:28 AM
    Yikes you have it backward. You buy on price you lose on price. Never be lowest bidder.
    Think Tesla, Why buy that for twice the price? Because it completely battery operated? It's not established like BMW, Mercedes etc.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. You don't see the PBK and BlackBerry Productivity Suite combined with Android as Value. This is something unique to this device. No other device can offer this. Can they?
    So we will see what demand is but don't pigeon hole this device as Android only. It's much more than especially to Gov / business that can partition the device and use as all in one and be secure on business side of device and toy for personal use.

So really?? You compare Tesla car with Priv? So other 2 billion of VKB users get it all wrong and they will run to get device with pkb? I think you may have it backward.
    10-30-15 10:30 AM
    Key words: to business and government. If the price is reflective of that, BlackBerry is pricing out the average nonbusiness consumer.

Additionally, isn't BlackBerry still intent on offering software services such as the hub and whatnot as well as BES on other devices?
    Chen has said this many times and I have posted but this phone is not targeting Consumers. It was made for Business / Gov in mind. What you can do for security (Partitioned) is unique. Sure they hope it sells well on Consumer side but their really target is Gov/Bus. The reason for that is to hold on to and Grow their business software .
    People freaking out over 100-200 dollars is crazy. To have the BlackBerry Suite, the PBK combination along with Android makes this a unique phone.
    What other Android offers this?

10-30-15 10:34 AM
    I saw this on Droid Life comments and it's probably the best price comparison I've seen.

Yes, BlackBerry has some innovative features, but the question is whether or not those features are worth $200 more. I'm on the fence still.

First mistake there is comparing current selling price vs launch price.
    10-30-15 10:36 AM
    Lol well said.

And the circle is complete
    People, STOP moaning about the price.-darth-sidious-emperor-darth-sidious-25396087-1280-544.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 10:36 AM
    Chen has said this many times and I have posted but this phone is not targeting Consumers. It was made for Business / Gov in mind. What you can do for security (Partitioned) is unique. Sure they hope it sells well on Consumer side but their really target is Gov/Bus. The reason for that is to hold on to and Grow their business software .
    People freaking out over 100-200 dollars is crazy. To have the BlackBerry Suite, the PBK combination along with Android makes this a unique phone.
    What other Android offers this?

I am well aware of all of this. But I am also aware that the more people that buy the device, the longer BlackBerry can "hold on" and see growth. The BlackBerries of old were for business and government, but they did arrive at the point where consumers also wanted them. The uproar over the price likely reflects that consumers would have wanted this device just as much as the illusory business and government sector.

What's all the more telling is that iPhones seem to be the business device of choice where BlackBerry has been shuttered. So not only is Chen betting against consumers who may have gravitated toward the device, he's hoping that business and government entities move toward Android as the platform of choice.
    10-30-15 10:46 AM
    I am well aware of all of this. But I am also aware that the more people that buy the device, the longer BlackBerry can "hold on" and see growth. The BlackBerries of old were for business and government, but they did arrive at the point where consumers also wanted them. The uproar over the price likely reflects that consumers would have wanted this device just as much as the illusory business and government sector.

What's all the more telling is that iPhones seem to be the business device of choice where BlackBerry has been shuttered. So not only is Chen betting against consumers who may have gravitated toward the device, he's hoping that business and government entities move toward Android as the platform of choice.
    Exactly and I think the bet will be right if secured. Many businesses don't care as much about security but companies like JP Morgan and Defense Departments certainly do. Finally a device for business that will cater to the consumer all on one device and be secure.
    How is that iCloud doing?

10-30-15 10:50 AM
    Exactly and I think the bet will be right if secured. Many businesses don't care as much about security but companies like JP Morgan and Defense Departments certainly do. Finally a device for business that will cater to the consumer all on one device and be secure.
    How is that iCloud doing?

Unfortunately, BlackBerry's bets of late have missed the mark by a wide margin...

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 10:59 AM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry's bets of late have missed the mark by a wide margin...

Posted via CB10
    Completely different phone now. You have to agree. App gap is gone. No excuse anymore

10-30-15 11:01 AM
    Completely different phone now. You have to agree. App gap is gone. No excuse anymore

No, the excuse will be price (obvi) and market share now...
    10-30-15 11:03 AM
    No, the excuse will be price (obvi) and market share now...
    OMG. Completely missed that difference in value argument.
    Think like a business selling this phone to a business (BlackBerry) Don't think like a consumer buying a device like all the rest of Androids. No Android is like this thus the difference.
    I guess time will tell about demand but if high them price won't drop significantly.
    I think BlackBerry is on right path with this for Business and Government. And Consumers like me.
    It's a fair price especially compared to Apple. A device you can't even attach a document on a reply email. If I wanted toy only I would buy an iPhone or cheap Android.

10-30-15 11:15 AM
    Think like a business selling this phone to a business (BlackBerry) Don't think like a consumer buying a device like all the rest of Androids. No Android is like this thus the difference.
    I guess time will tell about demand but if high them price won't drop significantly.
    I think BlackBerry is on right path with this for Business and Government. And Consumers like me.
    It's a fair price especially compared to Apple. A device you can't even attach a document on a reply email. If I wanted toy only I would buy an iPhone or cheap Android.

So did you order already?
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    10-30-15 11:19 AM

Seems I ruffled someone's feathers...lol

I understand difference in value arguments. I also understand that thinking too much like a seller will leave one out of touch with prospective buyers...

Also, plenty of cheaper Android devices are workhorses these days...

Edit: Oh and btw, it's possible for the iPhone to attach documents and what not these days...iPhones are also quite the productivity machines.
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 10-30-15 at 11:45 AM.
    BGRS likes this.
    10-30-15 11:31 AM
    So did you order already?
    Of course

10-30-15 11:41 AM
    Seems I ruffled someone's feathers...lol

I understand difference in value arguments. I also understand that thinking too much like a seller will leave one out of touch with prospective buyers...

Also, plenty of cheaper Android devices are workhorses these days...
    Time will tell. You may be right, I may be. I guess I have I have the luxury of knowing what BlackBerry is doing going forward helping them on security side. BlackBerry Priv is not about consumers. Never has been.

10-30-15 11:46 AM
    I knew you'd say that. :-)
    10-30-15 11:46 AM
    First mistake there is comparing current selling price vs launch price.
    If Priv had launched months ago, then we could compare launch prices.

This is the market BlackBerry is entering. There are several similar spec'd devices priced hundreds less. There are higher spec'd sets coming out for the same price.

By the time it hits VZW (if rumors hold true), the specs will be midrange & no longer considered flagship.

BlackBerry is going to have to convince people that their software & hardware improvements are worth the extra money.

I really wanted the Venice when it was first leaked, to the point I was considering changing carriers for it. It is everything I'm looking for in a phone. Then I have watched misstep after misstep including this price. Now I'm sitting on the fence waiting to see if BlackBerry rights the ship.

10-30-15 11:47 AM
    Time will tell. You may be right, I may be. I guess I have I have the luxury of knowing what BlackBerry is doing going forward helping them on security side. BlackBerry Priv is not about consumers. Never has been.

Yuu meant you have a PRIVilege of knowing.
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    10-30-15 11:47 AM
    Oh yes I feel so good...that's perfect... I like that...not too high...not too low...just right...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-30-15 11:48 AM

lol my argument isn't that it's for consumers. My argument is more so that it's a huge risk to just bet on business and government. Which is something BlackBerry did with the Passport and Classic and did not have very much luck. (I bought both devices btw...)

To have a device with a popular consumer platform, tout it as different, but price out a large segment that would be interested is kind of cray.
    BGRS and kirson like this.
    10-30-15 11:49 AM
    The is a premium device made for prosumers guyssss, get with the program.
    Ihauntu2 likes this.
    10-30-15 11:50 AM
    The first stage of coming out of denial is to acknowledge that there is a problem. The biggest problem? No sale...
    10-30-15 11:56 AM
    lol my argument isn't that it's for consumers. My argument is more so that it's a huge risk to just bet on business and government. Which is something BlackBerry did with the Passport and Classic and did not have very much luck. (I bought both devices btw...)

To have a device with a popular consumer platform, tout it as different, but price out a large segment that would be interested is kind of cray.
    Obviously we disagree on value and what consumers will pay outright no contract. . This is not what business / Gov pays. Anyway, time will tell. It is different than passport and Classic. It now appeals to all people that want toy and business phone. They are looking to grow software business with this. Sell just enough to make that happen.

10-30-15 11:57 AM
    Obviously we disagree on value and what consumers will pay outright no contract. . This is not what business / Gov pays. Anyway, time will tell. It is different than passport and Classic. It now appeals to all people that want toy and business phone. They are looking to grow software business with this. Sell just enough to make that happen.

And the passport was suppose to be different...I've stuck around with BlackBerry through all of the "it's different" talks.

I'm all for growing the software business. But it's looking like Chen is willing to shutter the hardware side in the process. And that is a sobering thought. At the end of it all, BlackBerry wants to convince that it can secure Android. Then likely sell this security to the other Android device manufacturers. "Toy and business phone" for all.
    BGRS likes this.
    10-30-15 12:04 PM
97 1234