Whats up with people, journalist and the rest of the cattle complaining about the device and the price?

Remember this is a PREMIUM device and the price is WITHOUT contract!!

Let's compare with other devices:

Blackberry Priv 32Gb +32Gb SD-card: $709

Iphone 6s 64Gb : $749
    Iphone 6s plus 64Gb: $849

Galaxy Note 5 64Gb: $839
    Galaxy S6 Edge 64Gb : $799
    Galaxy S6 Edge+ 64Gb: $899

LG V10: $699

Lumia 950 XL 32GB +32GB SD-card: $659

To me the price looks just right and it will probably drop once it gets out on market.
    10-30-15 05:14 AM
    I've always complained about the Canadian dollar, not the Priv's US price.
    10-30-15 05:24 AM
    I wait for price ine France but will get it as soon as I have the money
    10-30-15 05:29 AM
    Have ordered in Sweden for 640� which is very good compared to the European prices of 779�

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 06:01 AM
    Whats up with people, journalist and the rest of the cattle complaining about the device and the price?

To me the price looks just right and it will probably drop once it gets out on market.
    Wrong my friend. All these phones are well established and consumers know what to expect. They also work well with their own ecosystem that is non-existent so far in BB world. Their consumers also know that Iphone price will be reduced maybe after couple of years down $50 of regular price. How about Blackberry? I bet even die hard BB fans wait for this device to get on sale for 20-40% down within couple of months. Should we talk about post purchase and warranty support?
    How about experience BB has with large scale deployment of android devices? Wil they get major android OS updates? Can it be compared with Samsung or LG? What is the experience that BB has running their own android apps on an android platform? Is future of BB as bright as Iphone's?
    When you are buying device it is not just matter is it premium or not. At the very end large portion of software development is free and comes free with android. So all they need to do is to create their own apps so should be cheaper overall.
    Consumers don't need BB , BB needs consumers and the only way to get them is to attract them with price. If it isn't too late already... But judging by how lousy launch of this device is, says a lot. They already gave up on device side of business and almost written all over the place we do not care if device business goes under. They just did not tell us yet.
    Last edited by fadmin; 10-30-15 at 09:45 AM.
    Witmen and epee like this.
    10-30-15 07:38 AM
    Can we stop making threads complaining about people complaining about the price?

Some people are fine with the price, others aren't. Do we need a thread every 10 minutes complaining about people complaining about it?
    JeepBB, ssilva7, Witmen and 8 others like this.
    10-30-15 07:46 AM
    Can we stop making threads complaining about people complaining about the price?

Some people are fine with the price, others aren't. Do we need a thread every 10 minutes complaining about people complaining about it?
    Can we stop complaining about people making threads complaining about people complaining about the price? Then I'll stop complaining about people complaining about people making threads complaining about people complaining about the price.
    10-30-15 07:50 AM
    Can we stop complaining about people making threads complaining about people complaining about the price? Then I'll stop complaining about people complaining about people making threads complaining about people complaining about the price.
    Lol well said.
    10-30-15 07:51 AM
    Have ordered in Sweden for 640€ which is very good compared to the European prices of 779€

Posted via CB10
    I live in Portugal. Can I order for there? is it an international version and unlocked?
    10-30-15 08:29 AM
    Whats up with ...journalist ... complaining about the device and the price?
    Well, lots of the so called Journalist/bloggers/cattle out there are directly or indirectly paid to say good things about a specific vendor, and bash the other. Then there are the religious cults, for which anything that isn't an iThing is bad. Then there is the click-bait motive. If presented with two article titles to click on, which one do you think most people will click on:

"BB Priv is priced is just right"
    or
    "Delusional blackberry just put a nail in their coffin with the outrageous Priv price!!!"

They can't find anything wrong to say about the Priv, so they attack its price.

Btw, I think its initial-release price in US is spot on. The Canadian price appears high because of the exchange rate. The exchange rate at the moment is total sh!t, and BB reports its financials in US dollars. Besides, if they sold it for less in Canada, people from US would buy it in Canada for less and bring it back to US, or have a friend abroad do it for them. None of these "journalists" are ever going to mention this in their "high price" arguments because their motive isn't the truth, their motive is to bash BB.
    atlasmike likes this.
    10-30-15 09:29 AM
    Well, lots of the so called Journalist/bloggers/cattle out there are directly or indirectly paid to say good things about a specific vendor, and bash the other. Then there are the religious cults, for which anything that isn't an iThing is bad. Then there is the click-bait motive. If presented with two article titles to click on, which one do you think most people will click on:

or
    "Delusional blackberry just put a nail in their coffin with the outrageous Priv price!!!"

Btw, I think its initial-release price in US is spot on. The Canadian price appears high because of the exchange rate. The exchange rate at the moment is total sh!t, and BB reports its financials in US dollars. Besides, if they sold it for less in Canada, people from US would buy it in Canada for less and bring it back to US, or have a friend abroad do it for them. None of these "journalists" are ever going to mention this in their "high price" arguments because their motive isn't the truth, their motive is to bash BB.
    And it's nothing personal. Need those sweet, sweet, clickbaits. And it's hip to bash BlackBerry.
    10-30-15 09:32 AM

or

To be fair, journalists don't seem to believe in overpriced Android devices. Price was also a knock against the Samsung Note5 and Edge Plus. The upside is that the devices are stellar price notwithstanding.
    10-30-15 09:35 AM
    It comes with a 32gb SD card?

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    10-30-15 09:42 AM
    It comes with a 32gb SD card?

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    There is no mention of this on shopblackberry.com (US).
    10-30-15 09:45 AM
    Unfortunately sales figures never lie. We will see soon if it was priced right. I don't hear that people fight to order...
    10-30-15 09:46 AM
    Don't think it comes with a 32 GB card, OP was just using that as an example. I wonder though, does a 1 TB card exist and how much would that be?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:54 AM
    Don't think it comes with a 32 GB card, OP was just using that as an example. I wonder though, does a 1 TB card exist and how much would that be?

Posted via CB10
    The device would have to support it...does any device support anything over 128 gb card?
    10-30-15 09:56 AM
    Shouldn't we compare Priv with other 32G models?
    10-30-15 09:58 AM
    Shouldn't we compare Priv with other 32G models?
    but then how can the OP make his or her point?!
    app_Developer, Witmen and will308 like this.
    10-30-15 09:59 AM
    I saw this on Droid Life comments and it's probably the best price comparison I've seen.

Yes, BlackBerry has some innovative features, but the question is whether or not those features are worth $200 more. I'm on the fence still.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails People, STOP moaning about the price.-bbry.jpg  
    10-30-15 10:03 AM
    Very fair price in Canada compared to same devices. They all cost more than Priv. Yes it is more in Canada but that is our dollar currently so nothing can be done about that.
    A better phone than Apple as well!

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 10:05 AM
    .... I wonder though, does a 1 TB card exist and how much would that be?

Posted via CB10
    At the moment, 512GB SD card is the largest you can buy, starting at about $300 US (newegg.com). They can probably make a larger-capacity card now, but it might be pointless due to cost. However, given how the flash media price keeps dropping, it won't be long before we see a 1TB and then a 2TB cards
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-30-15 10:09 AM
    The device would have to support it...does any device support anything over 128 gb card?
    All the devices in the chart above support up 2 TB
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    10-30-15 10:11 AM

If there is that much of an uprising about cost, maybe its you that's out of touch and not everyone else. It is obviously an issue.
    10-30-15 10:15 AM
    Wrong my friend. All these phones are well established and consumers know what to expect. They also work well with their own ecosystem that is non-existent so far in BB world. Their consumers also know that Iphone price will be reduced maybe after couple of years down $50 of regular price. How about Blackberry? I bet even die hard BB fans wait for this device to get on sale for 20-40% down within couple of months. Should we talk about post purchase and warranty support?
    How about experience BB has with large scale deployment of android devices? Wil they get major android OS updates? Can it be compared with Samsung or LG? What is the experience that BB has running their own android apps on an android platform? Is future of BB as bright as Iphone's?
    When you are buying device it is not just matter is it premium or not. At the very end large portion of software development is free and comes free with android. So all they need to do is to create their own apps so should be cheaper overall.
    Consumers don't need BB , BB needs consumers and the only way to get them is to attract them with price. If it isn't too late already... But judging by how lousy launch of this device is, says a lot. They already gave up on device side of business and almost written all over the place we do not care if device business goes under. They just did not tell us yet.
    Yikes you have it backward. You buy on price you lose on price. Never be lowest bidder.
    Think Tesla, Why buy that for twice the price? Because it completely battery operated? It's not established like BMW, Mercedes etc.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. You don't see the PBK and BlackBerry Productivity Suite combined with Android as Value. This is something unique to this device. No other device can offer this. Can they?
    So we will see what demand is but don't pigeon hole this device as Android only. It's much more than especially to Gov / business that can partition the device and use as all in one and be secure on business side of device and toy for personal use.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 10:16 AM
97 123 ...