So yesterday i posted about selling my second handed bb priv and buying a brand new one. It was stv 1001 and what i bought yesterday is stv 1004 , no heating no clincking no creaking. This phone is just amazing. Truth be told though .. i am a blackberry fan boy thats why i bought q10 z10 and passport. They are okey to some certain degrees but to be honest blackberry priv has everything that blackberrians ever asked for.
    good blackberry design ? Yes
    Privacy ? Yes
    Applications ? Tons of..
    Well optimized ? Yes
    Good looking and atractive ? Yes
    Productive ? Yes
    It is not a simple adroid tho , it has lots of blackberry elements that makes u forget that u are using an android phone (except when you are trying to download sth from google play lol )

My honest opinions are these.. Thank you crackberry familiy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-16 08:31 AM
    Im a blackberry fan since the Q10 was announced anything before that i didnt give a rats about but when i seen this Q10 i was amazed and got instantly and loved it still do. Then go Z10 Z30 Passport Classic and now PRIV. Im loving the PRIV but i really miss BB10 also its a shame they could just get google and bb10 together. Ah well it is what it is times are moving on.
    08-16-16 08:37 AM
    Android is taking some getting used to but i really like the priv also.

Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-16-16 08:43 AM
    Still happy with Priv, first time travelling abroad, missed BBTravel on BB10. Priv unfortunately fell more than once, no damage, though sliding screen slightly more loose than before the fall. I am satisfied with the product.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-16-16 08:49 AM
    So, I am a tech ***** and I never used an Android, iPhone, or anything other than a BlackBerry. My last device was a 9930 Bold (Verizon) and the one before that was a 9650 Bold (also Verizon). Between the two -- I had those devices for somewhere around 10 to 15 years! LOL. Thus, I have no base of comparison.

That said, I can only go strictly on my use, needs, etc., which of course means nothing to anyone else, LOL.

I've been using the Priv for less than a week. On one hand, I am willing to chalk it up to "getting used to" and "learning curve" so to speak. On the other hand, I am struggling a bit, but I guess that is to be expected, LOL.

Thanks for the posts.
    08-16-16 09:46 AM
    I'm glad the OP posted. I've been a BlackBerry fan for a decade. The Priv is really a great BlackBerry phone.

We tend to see the reports of bad units and simple griping on CB and the people who are happy, who far outnumber those who aren't, just read and move on.

I'm glad you posted.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-16-16 09:57 AM
    Priv is unique.

There's not many form factors out there that break barriers like this device does.

That's why us Priv owners, we prefer to be bold and stand out.

Priv is a characteristic of its owner.

It's personally the best phone I have used in my entire.. No wait.. The 2nd best phone after my sold passport.

I'd recommend all blackberry 10 people to jump ship now and get the priv. Don't dtek50 please. Priv yourself.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-16-16 11:17 AM
    I'm glad the OP posted. I've been a BlackBerry fan for a decade. The Priv is really a great BlackBerry phone.

We tend to see the reports of bad units and simple griping on CB and the people who are happy, who far outnumber those who aren't, just read and move on.

I'm glad you posted.

You are welcome , and yes there are lots of bad units but fortunately mine was not one of them but if you think , back creaking is not a big big problem (of course if you buy sth new and u want it to be perceft ) but the screen clicking is sth bad i guess

08-16-16 11:30 AM
    Priv is unique.

There's not many form factors out there that break barriers like this device does.

That's why us Priv owners, we prefer to be bold and stand out.

Priv is a characteristic of its owner.

It's personally the best phone I have used in my entire.. No wait.. The 2nd best phone after my sold passport.

I'd recommend all blackberry 10 people to jump ship now and get the priv. Don't dtek50 please. Priv yourself.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    Well i used lots of iphones lots of samsung and windows phones here is my top three .

1st: priv
    2nd : 9900
    3rd: samsung s6 edge

08-16-16 11:31 AM
    I too was a hardened BB10 fan (Z10, Q10, Passport). Finally had to make the move to a Priv a couple of weeks ago and pleased I have.

misterabrasive likes this.
    08-16-16 12:06 PM
    Still happy with Priv, first time travelling abroad, missed BBTravel on BB10. Priv unfortunately fell more than once, no damage, though sliding screen slightly more loose than before the fall. I am satisfied with the product.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I used WorldMate on the Priv for my European adventure. Six flights and some hotel info. Worked well. My trip was mainly hiking and I took great care to not drop it when taking it out to take periodic photos. Mine is in a Stilgut Flip case. I hiked with it in a ziplock baggy to keep it sweat free and we had some very thick foggy (very damp) days.

Normally I keep it in a microfiber bag which keeps the camera lens clean.
    08-16-16 12:36 PM
    You are welcome , and yes there are lots of bad units but fortunately mine was not one of them but if you think , back creaking is not a big big problem (of course if you buy sth new and u want it to be perceft ) but the screen clicking is sth bad i guess

I have the click too. I have to admit it bothers me a little. But I've just told my mind (mind tells mind) to consider it part of the slider experience ... and I do love the PKB so, by extension, I love the slide. The Priv is to Android what the Passport was to BB10.

08-16-16 12:57 PM
    I have the click too. I have to admit it bothers me a little. But I've just told my mind (mind tells mind) to consider it part of the slider experience ... and I do love the PKB so, by extension, I love the slide. The Priv is to Android what the Passport was to BB10.

Dont think about it too much bro , in my real life apart from phones. I have that thing which bothers me and hurts my emotions so much and it is : thinking about something small so much that it becomes a mountain and when it becomes a mountain i see its flaws more and i damage my self. I am not sure if i made my self clear but dont do this..

08-16-16 08:23 PM
    Dont think about it too much bro , in my real life apart from phones. I have that thing which bothers me and hurts my emotions so much and it is : thinking about something small so much that it becomes a mountain and when it becomes a mountain i see its flaws more and i damage my self. I am not sure if i made my self clear but dont do this..

I do the exact same thing. It's caused the demise of many a relationship

08-16-16 09:10 PM
    I've been using BlackBerry's since the introduction of the 6750, very first CDMA model was released back in like 2002. I've since has a dozen or more BlackBerry's including every BlackBerry 10 model with the exception of the Passport and Z3. Z30 is still my favourite Blackberry thus far.

I'm learning to like the Priv it's a great phone but Android is a bit of a cluster *+?# of an OS. To this day almost 3 months later, I still prefer BB10 purely from a communications and fluidity standpoint. But the app experience on the Priv is amazing and I can appreciate that.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Wezard likes this.
    08-16-16 09:37 PM
    Android sure is a cluster **** geesh!!!!... i'm still trying to adapt to it after weeks so many settings for every damn thing.
    I would love to see the Marshmellow options flowchart and see how huge it is. it's insane.
    08-16-16 10:05 PM
    I've been using BlackBerry's since the introduction of the 6750, very first CDMA model was released back in like 2002. I've since has a dozen or more BlackBerry's including every BlackBerry 10 model with the exception of the Passport and Z3. Z30 is still my favourite Blackberry thus far.

I'm learning to like the Priv it's a great phone but Android is a bit of a cluster *+?# of an OS. To this day almost 3 months later, I still prefer BB10 purely from a communications and fluidity standpoint. But the app experience on the Priv is amazing and I can appreciate that.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    I'm coming from a Z30 as well. Loved the phone, but the Priv is so dam sexy. I get comments every time I un sheath it. No exception, every time. Makes me want to use it naked but I know it would never survive a real fall so in the flip case it goes.

08-17-16 12:43 AM
    I do the exact same thing. It's caused the demise of many a relationship

Yeah man i understand that but please dont do it. Life is too short and long at the same time. Dont make it more copmlicated than it is ..

08-17-16 05:49 AM
    Love the phone. Hate Verizon, seriously debating of dropping me two unlimited data plans and switching carriers at this moment.

Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-17-16 06:33 AM
    Android sure is a cluster **** geesh!!!!... i'm still trying to adapt to it after weeks so many settings for every damn thing.
    I would love to see the Marshmellow options flowchart and see how huge it is. it's insane.
    Can't be done, by the time page 2,000 is done, at least the first 300 pages will no longer be correct.
    FF22 and hamilgs like this.
    08-17-16 06:59 AM
    I am in with most things OP said, but the optimization. I have an old OnePlus one and with the same apps it performs as good as PRIV, while the battery outperforms it. PRIV has a heating issue, evens after resets and fresh installs using an autoloader. Always when I am using it, even for simple things like writing this text, it starts heating up. The 1+1 does not heat up at all for a simple task such as writing a reply in CB app.
    BlackBerry should optimize the CPU governor or something. The heating issues and thus following battery drain are really annoying.
    Compared to how cool my Passport SE was / is, this phone is badly optimized.

08-17-16 07:24 AM
    Just getting the hang of mine and I can already tell it's a great device.
    Just have to get the hang of android now.

08-17-16 07:28 AM
    I totally pleased with my factory unlocked Priv after moving from the Bold, to the Q10 to the Z30, to the Z10 and then finally to the Passport. FINALLY, all of the android apps works as they were meant to work. The phone is solid, fast, easy to use and yes the Priv has a learning curve but a short one for me! The Hub is still efficient and since I use my phone primarily for text, email and browsing, it is a prefect fit for me! Whatever apps I do use, work fluidly so I am a very very very pleased with the Priv !!!!

I have taken all of my old, but in excellent shape previous Blackberry non-android models and put them on Amazon for sale and never looking or going back to the old OS 10 system. Evolution is good, Change is good.......

AND I have Marshmallow and access to all of the new security updates that will follow !!!
    08-17-16 11:29 AM
    I am in with most things OP said, but the optimization. I have an old OnePlus one and with the same apps it performs as good as PRIV, while the battery outperforms it. PRIV has a heating issue, evens after resets and fresh installs using an autoloader. Always when I am using it, even for simple things like writing this text, it starts heating up. The 1+1 does not heat up at all for a simple task such as writing a reply in CB app.
    BlackBerry should optimize the CPU governor or something. The heating issues and thus following battery drain are really annoying.
    Compared to how cool my Passport SE was / is, this phone is badly optimized.

Sorry to hear that brother , but i am not having any heating issues to be honest..

jfalkingham likes this.
    08-17-16 11:37 AM
    Sorry to hear that brother , but i am not having any heating issues to be honest..

No heat issue here either. Certain apps are known to cause overheating on androids in general not just the Priv

08-17-16 12:02 PM
38 12