So I love BlackBerry 10 and only need a few key apps, but I thought I would try something new and support a company I believe in. I bought the Priv direct from BlackBerry and I am being very open minded about it and Android, and trying very hard to look at all aspects of the phone and OS objectively. (I like the phone so far BTW, still like BB10 a little better but that's probably due to having used it since day one). One glaring problem I just discovered/realized after about two weeks is Password Keeper widget shows the contents of the app. On BB10 it was locked out and blacked out on the Active Frame immediately for obvious reasons, but on the Priv I can read username and password of my last open entry.

I didn't see a post about this already so I'm sorry if I am double posting but I searched and scrolled forever through the forum without finding anything. Am I not setting something right in settings or is there nothing that can be done other than remember to close the widget?

Thanks ahead for any help!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-16 09:21 PM
    Hey there, can you be a little more specific? I can't see any password or content in the app if I am not actually within it...

05-14-16 09:35 PM
    So I love BlackBerry 10 and only need a few key apps, but I thought I would try something new and support a company I believe in. I bought the Priv direct from BlackBerry and I am being very open minded about it and Android, and trying very hard to look at all aspects of the phone and OS objectively. (I like the phone so far BTW, still like BB10 a little better but that's probably due to having used it since day one). One glaring problem I just discovered/realized after about two weeks is Password Keeper widget shows the contents of the app. On BB10 it was locked out and blacked out on the Active Frame immediately for obvious reasons, but on the Priv I can read username and password of my last open entry.

I didn't see a post about this already so I'm sorry if I am double posting but I searched and scrolled forever through the forum without finding anything. Am I not setting something right in settings or is there nothing that can be done other than remember to close the widget?

Go to the app settings and change the time frame to '' lock when device is idle ''
    05-14-16 10:18 PM

I'm on Verizon and I don't see any widget available for Password Keeper. But, regardless, as the previous poster said, change your settings in Password Keeper. You should probably check the box that says lock when minimized.
    05-14-16 11:22 PM
    +1

05-14-16 11:32 PM
    I don't usually use a password app, but on Android, when I do have one installed I enjoy PasswdSafe or KeePassDroid as opposed to BlackBerry's Password Keeper...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 04:59 AM
    I've been using mSecure since my G3 as I missed password keeper on BlackBerry. It has versions for smartphone and desktop platforms that sync through an encrypted container in a Dropbox account.
    05-15-16 06:55 AM
    I use Enpass which includes a desktop version so you can use it on the Priv and on a computer. Syncs nicely. That was a feature that I always missed in Password Keeper - no other version.

Also someone in the move from one bb10 device to another I could not UNlock my data. So abandoned it then.
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-15-16 10:26 AM
    Hey there, can you be a little more specific? I can't see any password or content in the app if I am not actually within it...

Sorry. When I am in Password Keeper and I hit the eye icon to see my password for example, and then I am done and I hit the virtual square icon on the bottom navigation bar which turns it into a widget... I can see the last entry I was just viewing clearly, I can only reproduce that sometimes though not every time I minimize the app.

05-15-16 10:31 AM
    Go to the app settings and change the time frame to '' lock when device is idle ''
    I have it set to lock on minimize, lock on screen time out, and lock after 30 seconds... it's set as secure as you can make it, and it does lock on all these occasions. I'm saying the info visible on the minimized widget when hitting the square navigation button allows me to see what was just open sometimes, which could be account info

05-15-16 10:33 AM
    This is not normal , for me when it's minimized it's always Blanc. see the screen shoot .
    Attached Thumbnails Password Keeper Vulnerability (on Priv)-1463327372687.jpg  
    05-15-16 10:49 AM
    This is not normal , for me when it's minimized it's always Blanc. see the screen shoot .
    That's what I would think should happen. It does on BlackBerry 10. But on my Priv it's a guess as to what will show on the square. Sometimes it's the last entry I was in, sometimes it shows my settings, or a list of the accounts. I can't figure it out.

05-15-16 10:55 AM
    yup, that's the way it's shown in mine too... so in your case you can see info when minimized? Is that what you are saying?

05-15-16 10:57 AM
    That's what I would think should happen. It does on BlackBerry 10. But on my Priv it's a guess as to what will show on the square. Sometimes it's the last entry I was in, sometimes it shows my settings, or a list of the accounts. I can't figure it out.

Try to remove the app and download it again.
    05-15-16 10:59 AM
    yup, that's the way it's shown in mine too... so in your case you can see info when minimized? Is that what you are saying?

Yea I see info from the app, it's random though what shows.

05-15-16 11:09 AM
    Try to remove the app and download it again.
    I'll try that and report back my findings.

fanisk likes this.
    05-15-16 11:10 AM
    OK so I found that when I am in Password Keeper and I hit the square it happens but when I hit the circle it happens much less often. It also happens whenever I have a few apps open, as if it lags and doesn't have enough time to white out before minimizing. Whenever it's the only app open I haven't gotten it to happen. Kinda needs some addressing if you ask me!

millwright40 likes this.
    05-16-16 11:06 PM
    Good to know of this problem as I am switching from BB10 Z30 to Priv and I use password keeper all the time! I will have to return to this thread to see if their is a solution or one is comming.
    05-16-16 11:27 PM
    Good to know of this problem as I am switching from BB10 Z30 to Priv and I use password keeper all the time! I will have to return to this thread to see if their is a solution or one is comming.
    Well, so far, it's only an issue for one person. The "solution" is probably in that one person's personal app selections or something else to do with that particular phone.
    05-17-16 04:52 AM
    I can reproduce the issue. If you minimize on the password screen, it blanks. But if you go back to the main passwords list then minimize it shows the content.
    Attached Thumbnails Password Keeper Vulnerability (on Priv)-1463480477928.jpg  
    gizmo21 and FF22 like this.
    05-17-16 05:21 AM
    I can reproduce the issue. If you minimize on the password screen, it blanks. But if you go back to the main passwords list then minimize it shows the content.
    Now who of our BB-guys here is responsible for PW Keeper, or at least for security stuff?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-17-16 05:40 AM
    Sorry. When I am in Password Keeper and I hit the eye icon to see my password for example, and then I am done and I hit the virtual square icon on the bottom navigation bar which turns it into a widget... I can see the last entry I was just viewing clearly, I can only reproduce that sometimes though not every time I minimize the app.

It doesn't happen on my phone. When the app is minimized, the frame is blank.

Posted via my Priv
    05-17-16 07:17 AM
    Now who of our BB-guys here is responsible for PW Keeper, or at least for security stuff?
    I reported the bug to BSR.
    05-17-16 07:58 AM
    Mine shows blank works perfect
    05-17-16 08:49 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I don't see any widget available for Password Keeper. But, regardless, as the previous poster said, change your settings in Password Keeper. You should probably check the box that says lock when minimized.
    Yes, where is the Widget for Password Keeper? I don't see any "dots" under the icon and I don't see a Setting that creates a "widget"

Lollipop on verizon.
    05-17-16 10:08 AM
38 12