I was curious what your over all feelings are if you were a Passport owner now using a Priv as your daily driver for months? Over all software experience, Hub, Speaker for calls and music, reception, calls through earpiece, build quality.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 11:05 PM
    only had it for a week but:
    Software is good, minor odd bugs like widgets on homescreen showing up on top of hud...
    Speaker is ok, could be louder though.
    Calls is good
    Music is ok, though lack of music player is a bit confusing to start with
    Reception is fine, possibly better
    Bit annoyed that iphone compatible headphones don't work the same as expected with with Priv.
    Software library is *much* better.
    No audio profiles built in is very annoying, making do with 3rd party solution called "Sound Volume Profile +Volume" which does the job.. and seems to do more. has very similar Automation features like Llama Profiles or Tasker

Overall its an improvement.
    01-11-16 11:18 PM
    Me personally feel terrible( Priv Hub is far from Passport Hub. Photos with Camera+++ app on Passport much better then Priv photos, I tried already all kinds of apps. Some issues with android that can't be solved at this time. And most annoying for me is hardware issues, soft back, clicking screen, even volume up and down buttons feels different, after Passport all this stuff is killing me. Sorry but for 700$ I was expecting better device. Thinking to switch back on Passport, It's very hard to work on Priv.

via BlackBerry Priv
    01-12-16 12:11 AM
    Love it. It's awesome. Works great.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-12-16 12:34 AM
    Me personally feel terrible( Priv Hub is far from Passport Hub. Photos with Camera+++ app on Passport much better then Priv photos, I tried already all kinds of apps.
    via BlackBerry Priv
    Definitely dissagree with you here: The camera on the Priv is a LOT better than the Passport.
    btw, have you gone and updated all the BB apps from google play? I had to go to each app individually and update them, for some reason the BB apps wouldn't "bulk update" the first time round.
    edgarfranco47 and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-12-16 12:40 AM
    Me personally feel terrible( Priv Hub is far from Passport Hub. Photos with Camera+++ app on Passport much better then Priv photos, I tried already all kinds of apps. Some issues with android that can't be solved at this time. And most annoying for me is hardware issues, soft back, clicking screen, even volume up and down buttons feels different, after Passport all this stuff is killing me. Sorry but for 700$ I was expecting better device. Thinking to switch back on Passport, It's very hard to work on Priv.

via BlackBerry Priv
    yep I know what you mean have put my priv back in its box and put away back to my passport/classic I'm not an app junkie so that has never been a problem with me BUT I will say that I find the passport /classic sooooooooooooooooo much better well that's what I think anyway
    01-12-16 12:50 AM
    Battery life is clearly not as good as the Passport. Hub is a disappointment even after the latest update but usable if you do not need FB and Whatsapp in it. Camera is better than Passport though. Pkb is actually better than Passport after I got used to it.

I do however believe that given time, the issues that I have mentioned will go away.

01-12-16 06:39 AM
    It hasn't been a month close to it though and what I miss the most is the form factor.

Before I got the priv I was seeing Google run on the se and thought to myself never !!! After using the phone for sometime now I think I would gladly use my SE running Android. Maybe that's the Vienna calling me

01-12-16 07:11 AM
    It's so hard to decide whether to make the jump! There is a healthly mix of Priv fans and people leaving them in drawers.

I think my biggest issue is hardware. Speakers, creeking, soft spots, etc. Software I can deal with. It will update. Hopefully it will, I use BBM Video often. I don't want to spend $900 after taxes to lose BBM Video, a frustrating hub, have unusable speakers, and creeking soft spots. But a nice screen, camera, and apps would be nice.

Thanks to everyone posting their opinions. It's appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    L_O_D_B likes this.
    01-12-16 07:37 AM
    I've owned both since launch, and although I don't think the Priv deserves all the hate it seems to get, I can definitely say the Passport is the best phone I've ever owned.

I miss so many things about it - the native hub, the build quality, the eye catching design, fact that I can skip songs by long-pressing the volume keys! - but I new BB10 was dead in the water as soon as Chen announced Android. It broke my heart to switch, but I knew my Passport would end up much the same was as my PlayBook.

Priv is a great effort though, I love how customisable it is, for example. And you definitely can't argue with having access to this app ecosystem.

andy957 and kertong like this.
    01-12-16 07:42 AM
    It's so hard to decide whether to make the jump! There is a healthly mix of Priv fans and people leaving them in drawers.

I think my biggest issue is hardware. Speakers, creeking, soft spots, etc. Software I can deal with. It will update. Hopefully it will, I use BBM Video often. I don't want to spend $900 after taxes to lose BBM Video, a frustrating hub, have unusable speakers, and creeking soft spots. But a nice screen, camera, and apps would be nice.

Thanks to everyone posting their opinions. It's appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with your choice!
    01-12-16 07:43 AM
    fact that I can skip songs by long-pressing the volume keys! -

I really miss this feature too. Very understated use of my passport for my podcasts. Also hate how there is no quick reply for BBM on the priv, hub on the priv works pretty good for me (I don't close the app).
    01-12-16 08:36 AM
    Battery life - Passport is better
    Cellular reception - Passport is better
    Push notification reliability - Passport is better
    Ease/accuracy of typing - Passport is better
    Hub - Passport is better (sluggish annoyance on Priv)
    Multitasking/responsiveness - Passport is better
    Camera - Priv is better
    App availability - Priv is much better, and sadly this is the only thing that actually matters anymore

If they were able to give BB10 a fully Google-Play-Compatible experience for the Android runtime, then I'd probably still be using the Passport. But Android compatibility/performance just kept getting worse over time, with more and more things needing Google Play Services.

Of course one thing that worries me, is that so many of the BlackBerry enthusiasts (who were basically carrying the banner for BB10) have switched wholesale to the Priv. It may be a small number of actual users, but they are the ones who make all the noise.

However, despite John Chen continuously "reaffirming a commitment to [maintenance-only patches for] BlackBerry 10," its been clear that any real forward-looking development on the OS has been dead for quite some time. Thus, I see the Priv as a way of "easing us off the platform, and onto Android," which is a transition we'd all have to make eventually anyways. Though once that transition is complete, there may not be any point in us being part of any sort of "special" community anymore.
    01-12-16 10:36 AM
    For me as a hardcore passport fan/user, I made the switch to priv and to be honest I'm enjoying it, the hub on the priv is limited however if you use it like I do for only 2 work email accounts and disable whatsapp and Facebook, as the hub does not benefit them in anyway then the hub works well.

Camera and apps are far better on the priv, and despite what others say battery is awesome, I take it off charge at 7:30am and it will last me all the way to midnight. And that is with high usage of Google music streaming to my car!

Display is also very good. I still have my passport in my top drawer and I will keep it, but to be honest although I did not use many 'apps' with the passport I am finding with the priv I am using lots more and it's a good feeling knowing that android is heavily supported and there is always an app for it.

My partner still has her blackberry 10 phone and we have already run into an issue, I can't give her access to Google music!!!!

I can see why some users will want to go back to their trusted bb10 and I can see why other users fully embrace the priv.

I am super happy with the priv, it's an awesome phone, and like any phone keep it stream lined, don't add millions of email accounts and only keep apps you need to use, that will keep the performance and battery in good shape.

andy957 likes this.
    01-12-16 10:51 AM
    I've had my Priv for about two weeks now. Honestly, I don't miss the Passport one bit. I'm using Solid Explorer for my file manager, BlackPlayer EX for my media player It covers all the bases now.

I did miss the big Passport keyboard (and still do), but I'm adjusting.

The BlackBerry Hub is not bad. It will only get better.
    01-12-16 10:52 AM
    Bit annoyed that iphone compatible headphones don't work the same as expected with with Priv.
    This has something to do with design of the 3.5mm jack on iOS devices. Non-iOS device compatible headphones are hit or miss.

Of course one thing that worries me, is that so many of the BlackBerry enthusiasts (who were basically carrying the banner for BB10) have switched wholesale to the Priv. It may be a small number of actual users, but they are the ones who make all the noise.

However, despite John Chen continuously "reaffirming a commitment to [maintenance-only patches for] BlackBerry 10," its been clear that any real forward-looking development on the OS has been dead for quite some time. Thus, I see the Priv as a way of "easing us off the platform, and onto Android," which is a transition we'd all have to make eventually anyways. Though once that transition is complete, there may not be any point in us being part of any sort of "special" community anymore.
    You obviously do not hang out in the BB10 OS forum. If you did you would get the impression that most, perhaps, banner waivers are refusing the jump.

If you listen to (or watch) the BerryFlow UpStream podcast or read BlackBerry's own blogs you would also have a better understanding of Chen's commitment to BB10 and it's possible future. But hey, as Bla1ze would point out each side believes what they want to believe.

Maintenance only!? Maybe, maybe not. Despite the likelihood of there not being a major overall of the OS there are some mysterious files found in the leaks, and, there is a likelihood of changes/upgrades to background processes. Guess we will have to wait until March, though, right?
    01-12-16 11:12 AM
    I was a great fun of the passport but I don't miss it at all ! Priv is a great device, excelled hardware , the hub works great for me , my only concern is the battery life , is about 20% less than the passport.
    Estevezz likes this.
    01-12-16 11:39 AM
    yep I know what you mean have put my priv back in its box and put away back to my passport/classic I'm not an app junkie so that has never been a problem with me BUT I will say that I find the passport /classic sooooooooooooooooo much better well that's what I think anyway
    Got it when it first came out for sale in November. Will never go back to BB10 now. I can do everything with ease.

01-12-16 08:55 PM
    Liked the Passport and now like the Priv even more. So many more apps available and Android system is superb once you get used to it. Not looking back and find new things to like about the Priv every day.

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    01-12-16 09:23 PM
    It took me a solid few weeks to "get over" the Passport.

Here's my take:

1. Keyboard - Priv, sort of... The PPs physical keyboard was effective, but the need to simultaneously use a virtual keyboard was never natural. The virtual keyboard on the Priv is amazing, much like the Z30 and Z10.

2. App availability and fluidity makes the Priv experience so rewarding. On BB10, we accustom ourselves to rely on the browser over the ported app experience. We did so because the browser was simply better than the apps. No longer the case with the Priv.

3. Multitasking goes to the Passport. Hands down. The "flow" felt so intuitive and natural. The Priv has grown on me in terms of getting many things done at once, but it seems more labor intensive. Productivity and multitasking feel IMPOSSIBLE with the Priv after a long experience with BB10, but you will adapt faster than you think.

4. Battery - Even, but it depends on your usage habits.

5. Build - Passport! That thing just felt like quality. To be fair, Priv is certainly on par with most other Android devices, but I feel that the aesthetics of the PP are leaps ahead of Priv.

6. Reliability - Priv. No more back alley sideloading, questionable ports, and updates that render your app(s) useless. There also isn't a lingering fear that my platform will not be supported next year. Priv gets it done. If an app is made, it will work on the Priv.

After about 20 days, I wouldn't go back to my Passport.

Tip: Don't install the hub on Priv. It's an absolute disaster. Furthermore, try not to make your Priv a BB10 device. They are apples and oranges different. The change is easier as soon as you embrace that idea.

Best of luck!

kirpriv likes this.
    01-12-16 09:49 PM
    passport: hub, keyboard, square screen, keyboard always available, bb10 (youtube backgrounding, pictures and videos app, excellent built in file manager, smart sharing, blend, contacts), battery, unique non-candybar form factor

priv: *gorgeous* display (both the curves and the colors and the inky deep blacks), great but more importantly, fast to launch and fast to operate camera, smooth fast and compatible app ecosystem.

it's a tossup for me - still preferring my passport se on 4/5 days but on the fifth i really love the priv.

Attachment 387547

Blackberry Passport SE (primary), Blackberry Priv, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    01-12-16 09:53 PM
    I really miss this feature too. Very understated use of my passport for my podcasts. Also hate how there is no quick reply for BBM on the priv, hub on the priv works pretty good for me (I don't close the app).
    Quick reply for BBM, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp and texts. App is called Popup Free in Google Play.

I for one don't miss my Passport. You'd love the Priv OP. Go for it.

Thank me later 👍
    Attached Thumbnails Passport Owners who became Priv Owners: how do you feel about Priv now?-1452659930717.jpg  
    01-12-16 10:41 PM
    If they were able to give BB10 a fully Google-Play-Compatible experience for the Android runtime, then I'd probably still be using the Passport. But Android compatibility/performance just kept getting worse over time, with more and more things needing Google Play Services.
    Totally agree...I didn't realize just how nice it would be to have access to all the apps and have them work properly before getting the Priv. Now I keep looking at my Passport and Classic and thinking how much better they would be (and how I would actually prefer to go back to using them) if it weren't for the limitations of the lackluster BB10 ecosystem and the increasing problems when trying to run some Android apps. It's too bad really, but the app game is certainly where BlackBerry completely failed along the way and now the Priv and/or other Android variants are all the company has to try and hang on.

01-12-16 11:18 PM
    Absolutely dead right. When BB10 lost the ability to keep with any apps it was all over for OS BB10.
    01-13-16 12:09 AM
    Got it when it first came out for sale in November. Will never go back to BB10 now. I can do everything with ease.

so can I on my passport (I to had the priv from first day of selling) the pkb of the passport or classic is 100% better than the priv and that is a fact also the signal on the priv is no where near as good as it is on my passport
    01-13-16 12:27 AM
94 123 ...