Was the Passport plagued by problems like the Priv?

I have a Passport. Love it.
    11-25-15 07:44 PM
    I had no problems with my passport. I still have it. Never used it with a phone company, wifi only. I still love se my z10 working fine. My z30 is my daily driver. My desire to have a Priv is fallen faster than the dead leaves from the trees. It is getting colder everyday here. Priv out of sight, Priv out of mind. Save me $700.00 for xmas.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    11-25-15 08:09 PM
    I had plenty of issues with the Passport and still do.

It took me 3 new devices when I first bought last Oct until I received one without an ambient light sensor problem.
    Now it's been issues with screen lifting.
    I just RMA'd my device. On my 7th Passport. I guess I'm a sucker for sticking around with BB.

I'm about to sell this to get the PRIV.
    11-25-15 08:18 PM
    I wouldn't put it like that.

The Priv was bound to have some issues at launch. It's a whole new OS way of thought.

Most issues outside of the common battery drain are from people coming from BB10 and expecting a BB10 feel OR coming from Android and expecting and entirely android feel.

Battery drain and UI knowledge aside, most people forums I'm reading are positive in nature.

There's always people who claim to have lemons, I've seen it with every new BBRY device over the years, but after a grains of salt, they fade away.

I got my Priv from Rogers and it's been great. The battery settled after a few days and my comfort level with the Android OS is now good.

Read a lot more reviews and especially forum threads from CB and android central. More positive than negative.

It's a great phone, not the best, but great for BBRY's first droid.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-25-15 08:29 PM
    Thank you!
    11-25-15 08:36 PM
    It took me 3 new devices when I first bought last Oct until I received one without an ambient light sensor problem.
    May I ask what exactly the problem was with the ambient light sensor?
    11-25-15 09:53 PM
    My Priv and my Passport are my two favorite devices and I have(and I have a lot). What I hate about Passport, I love on the Priv. What I hate on the Priv, I love on the Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    aspurrell and bluetroll like this.
    11-25-15 10:33 PM
    Everything has issues at launch. Or at least most things. I'm on my third Passport now. The first one (unlocked OG) had LED issues. The replacement had a dead pixels. They fixed the replacement. I sold that one and bought a white one.

�ħՖ��Ʀⓣ
    11-25-15 11:30 PM
    After getting Z10 day of launch, bought my Passport day of launch. Both flawless to date. Passport dropped many times, no case, no damage. I travel a lot (globally) and it just keeps working, no plugging in at airports, etc. Just took delivery of Priv. Opened it and looked at it. Seems really nice. Haven't turned it on yet. After reading all the issues, I'm not ready to make it a daily. I get easily frustrated when things don't work and I have to spend valuable time to fix. Will get a new SIM card and run it as a secondary device on separate accounts for a while until I can trust it. Can't afford to be caught out. The Passport is reliable, always. BB10 is solid, simple and intuitive. I'm dreading deeply the possible death of BB10 in future. To ALL developers out there, you have overlooked what could have and should have been the industry Gold standard of mobile OS's. If only it was launched 2 years earlier (yes I know QNX was just bought around then), things would be very different today. Right idea just a bit late in the evolution of the industry. Had Blackberry had the 'balls' to better reward/compensate developers PRIOR to launch of BB10 as well as in-house app development, and by that I mean throw every penny of marketing $$ at developers and court key developers for key apps, that may have overcome all early negatives. Alicia Keyes et al, Formula 1 (as much as I love the sport) could have waited. Social and word of mouth would have done same and more if key apps and continued development was assured. Was it Thorsten? The Board? Doesn't matter. Opportunity wasted. With Hindsight of course, this is all moot. Long Live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 08:56 AM
    May I ask what exactly the problem was with the ambient light sensor?
    in dark rooms, the screen would go to MAX brightness. It must've been certain early production runs that had the problem. When I finally got one that didn't have the ambient light issue, it would great for months. Until summertime when the screen lifted.
    11-26-15 10:55 AM