SWIPE a great Facebook cliente app. Has what they call full AMOLED BLACK theme.
    Also battery and data way way better using SWIPE. Have since uninstalled Facebook app and all is better.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    Metal is another Facebook wrapper that has dark themes. It, too, cuts down on battery drain and doesn't request all the permissions that the Facebook app does.

Posted via CB10
    bberrist likes this.
    10-30-16 03:44 PM
    Not sure why I hadn't tried Textra until now, awesome app! Very customizable too (was initially using Verizon's text app, then the standard Google Messenger app for SMS). Though I downloaded the free version, I'm not seeing where I can make the In-app purchase to avoid ads? Granted I haven't seen an ad (yet), but couldn't figure it out and didn't see an article about it in the app's help guide.
    10-30-16 06:34 PM
    Not sure why I hadn't tried Textra until now, awesome app! Very customizable too (was initially using Verizon's text app, then the standard Google Messenger app for SMS). Though I downloaded the free version, I'm not seeing where I can make the In-app purchase to avoid ads? Granted I haven't seen an ad (yet), but couldn't figure it out and didn't see an article about it in the app's help guide.
    If my memory serves me correctly, once the "free period" ends, you'll be offered the chance to buy the ad free version. If you choose not to, the ads will begin.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-16 09:36 PM
    WT44 did you experience any occasional stutter/short mute with the Poweramp? Driving me crazy since I really came to love that player...
    11-12-16 01:29 PM
    BlackPlayer for music. Goes completely dark.
    newcollector likes this.
    11-12-16 01:32 PM
    BlackZ10, thanks for the tip! I uninstalled FB messenger because it drew more than 800mAh in about 6hrs - never opened, not logged in. Is Swipe a FB messenger replacement?
    11-12-16 01:40 PM
    WT44 did you experience any occasional stutter/short mute with the Poweramp? Driving me crazy since I really came to love that player...
    I've been using PowerAmp since day one of my Priv purchase and so far have had no issues . I mainly use FLAC codec but have several APE and TTA tracks that play fine as well. No stutter or mute spots. I also have it on my tablet and music server which I use for practice recordings with none of those symptoms.

I do know that when ram gets low issues like that can pop up on other apps but I don't know how PowerAmp would react with that situation. Neutron would do that on my PlayBook sometimes until I would do a restart and clear the cache, then it would be back to it good ole self again.
    11-12-16 02:59 PM
    BlackZ10, thanks for the tip! I uninstalled FB messenger because it drew more than 800mAh in about 6hrs - never opened, not logged in. Is Swipe a FB messenger replacement?
    Hello Bberrist yes have been using Swipe and battery life has improved a lot. Another option is just use the browser version of Facebook. Good luck

11-12-16 04:14 PM
    I think we've used FB Messenger on almost every device in my house (except mine) from a lot of manufacturers - LG, Samsung, Moto, and BBRY. FB Messenger is a resource hog on all of them.
    bberrist likes this.
    11-12-16 04:31 PM
    I think we've used FB Messenger on almost every device in my house (except mine) from a lot of manufacturers - LG, Samsung, Moto, and BBRY. FB Messenger is a resource hog on all of them.
    SWIPE and not swype..is a Facebook client app that you can find Google Play Store.

Fully agree that on all devices Facebook and Messenger apps are data hogs.

11-12-16 04:42 PM
    Yeah, I caught that about Swype vs Swipe just after I hit POST.

It looks from their website that Swipe Messenger is just for iOS. It doesn't show any availability for Android.
    11-12-16 05:09 PM
    Swipe is not a FB Messenger, but it does interact with several 3rd party Facebook Messenger apps. I use it with Messenger Lite which I downloaded from apkmirror. Seems to work well, and uses almost no battery in a whole day.
    bberrist likes this.
    11-12-16 06:19 PM
    So, for those still interested in dark themes, the ASUS File Manager now offers that option (for Android).

Posted via CB10
    bberrist likes this.
    12-04-16 10:28 PM
    This is what I use:

browser: Firefox with "Dark Background and Light Text" add-on (I use the same on desktop)
    That's great, I only used Firebox Beta "reader mode" night color, but that addon is compatible with more websites.
    01-15-17 06:03 AM
    I have solid Explorer. Do you know what the setting Auto light + black does?

Can't seem to distinguish this and the all black setting.
    01-15-17 11:24 PM
    I have solid Explorer. Do you know what the setting Auto light + black does?

Can't seem to distinguish this and the all black setting.
    From the naming I'd guess, it's black but using adaptive brightness when SE is opened.
    01-18-17 01:35 PM
41 12