Does anyone have issues trying to makes sense of PRIV Notifications.
    I seem to struggle to set up even the simplest ones.
    • What I want is the phone to be silent from 11 PM until 7am. NO noise at all.
    • Alternatively throughout the day I've just want sound from an incoming telephone call only! To be precise no other incoming text beeps; no diary bleeps; no dongs - nothing; just incoming calls.

help please
    06-07-16 04:34 AM
    My phone is totally silent between 10:30pm and 6:15am. Main Settings, Sound/Notifications, Interruptions, Downtime (set, days (I have them all), start/end Times. Then if you want exceptions: Interruptions allowed and set that.

For the other times, scroll down on the Sound/notice page and find App Notifications. You may have to do them individually. And then some apps have their own Settings in the app itself.
    My phone is totally silent between 10:30pm and 6:15am. Main Settings, Sound/Notifications, Interruptions, Downtime (set, days (I have them all), start/end Times. Then if you want exceptions: Interruptions allowed and set that.

For the other times, scroll down on the Sound/notice page and find App Notifications. You may have to do them individually. And then some apps have their own Settings in the app itself.
    val_lixembeau likes this.
    06-07-16 07:57 AM

F2 - Belatedly. Thanks for this. Hopefully there'll be better solutions within updates soon. Thanks again..
    FF22 likes this.
    06-18-16 01:41 AM
    F2 - Belatedly. Thanks for this. Hopefully there'll be better solutions within updates soon. Thanks again..
    I doubt there is ever going to be a better solution, it works well as it is. IF you check each app and make sure it isn't set to override, PIA, but thats the way android works.
    Other people may want a particular app(s) to override, this way everybody has the option to do what they want.
    anon(9940776) likes this.
    06-18-16 08:20 AM
    Agree with Wezard, it's designed for optimum flexibility, which also means it can be tedious to define. Since Priv is a work phone for me, consider the following complexity:

During Normal hours, say 7am until 10pm, I want everything "On" as normal. I want the notification volume controlled by the master notification volume control to make it easy to adjust the whole phone's sound at once.

From 10pm-7am, I need phone calls, and certain text messages, to make it through and be extremely loud - wake me up loud. At the same time, I don't want a notification from Bank of Mars interrupting my sleep with a mortgage financing offer, either at through their app or email.

Throughout the day, I want to be able to go into meeting mode, or Do Not Disturb, and when I do I want visual notification only. But if Wifey contacts me on BBM, I want that to get through no matter what - she's a VIP.

You just can't do this stuff on an iPhone. I know, I have an SE running the latest and greatest iOS.
    06-18-16 09:33 AM
    Be careful with Bank of Mars, not only are their rates out of this world, they have tons of penalties in the fine print. I believe they are doing that in an attempt to get out of the red.
    double_fault and FF22 like this.
    06-18-16 10:32 AM
    Be careful with Bank of Mars, not only are their rates out of this world, they have tons of penalties in the fine print. I believe they are doing that in an attempt to get out of the red.
    They were in the Green last time I checked...
    06-18-16 03:30 PM
    They were in the Green last time I checked...
    They're Grey, you should be forced to turn in your tin foil hat.
    06-19-16 07:40 AM
    Looks like we're done here.
    06-19-16 02:04 PM