So I have this really really frustrating problem and it's been going on since I bought it. I set a custom texting tone song for some individuals in my phone. Works just fine for awhile or until a reboot and then bam it's gone and just goes to my standard tone I have set up for anyone that texts me. The tones are definitely in the internal and not on my SD card and they are in my ringtone folder and this is a very big ongoing problem for me. Anyone else have this problem?? Or know a fix for this or what is possibly going wrong? Just my priv. Anyone else!?? About to sell it. Done changing 8 contacts daily to the song I assigned them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    04-04-16 07:40 PM
    Seems to be frustrating you. However, I wouldn't jump to selling your Priv just because of this problem. I would suggest calling BlackBerry support at 1-866-533-8067 which is the number on the complimentary 12 month support card inside the box.

Explain what your problem is to the support rep, who might have the right answer for you, or they might not.

I sincerely hope you get support because it seems important to you. I'm not sure it is important enough to return or sell it though, but that's just my opinion (which might not matter to you!) Ha!

Hopefully somebody else in the forum here has a better answer for you. Best of luck!

Note: some people use a third party app for SMS called "Textra", maybe "Textra" has better custom ring tone support than the default "Messenger" app.

04-04-16 07:53 PM
    So I have this really really frustrating problem and it's been going on since I bought it. I set a custom texting tone song for some individuals in my phone. Works just fine for awhile or until a reboot and then bam it's gone and just goes to my standard tone I have set up for anyone that texts me. The tones are definitely in the internal and not on my SD card and they are in my ringtone folder and this is a very big ongoing problem for me. Anyone else have this problem?? Or know a fix for this or what is possibly going wrong? Just my priv. Anyone else!?? About to sell it. Done changing 8 contacts daily to the song I assigned them.

That issue is nothing compared to this issue. I have had enough and bought a Galaxy S7 and now trying to sem my PRIV here in Dubai, didn't receive a single phone call yet despite my advertising at 60% of the retail price.....

Contacts disappear a few minutes after I add them

I am done with BlackBerry...... cannot trust using a BlackBerry after having this issue....some are saying it's a GMAIL sync issue but that truth is, it never happened on any other Android phone Ive owned, like the Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, you name it.....

I also had the same problem on the Q10 and Q20 on BBOS but I thought it was just a BBOS thing and would now be fixed since we are on Android.....but it's the "Contacts for BlackBerry" app that is messing it all up
    04-04-16 08:01 PM
    Don't sell your PRIV! It's a great device. I too recommend calling the support number. I had to use it once. They will be able to help you.

04-05-16 12:46 AM
    I put my custom notification for text messages on the internal memory in the Notification folder. Solved the problem for me.

FF22 likes this.
    04-05-16 11:42 AM

I've got you beat. Randomly my custom ringtones disappear for some contacts. When that happens the Priv doesn't do the default ringtone, it just remains quiet. Missed a few important calls because of that.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    04-05-16 02:47 PM