I have my outlook.com account set up on my Priv to sync contacts / calendar (don't use the email side of it).
    Just tonight, I received a text message from Microsoft saying that an 'Unusual sign in for my Microsoft account' had been detected.

I logged into my account, and sure enough there was an unsuccessful login attempt from an IP address based in the UK (i'm in Australia) - the IP address 25.167.68.20 (which apparently is a UK MOD assigned IP). After doing a quick search, I found numerous threads of other people who have experienced this - and never had any further issue.

However, I am now being constantly asked by my Priv to to update my account settings. I am using the same exact password that my outlook account obviously has, but I keep getting an error on the Priv saying it can't validate the server settings.
    11-22-16 05:30 AM
    So what's the answer you seek? There's clearly some issues at Outlook. It has been reported here through several posts as you are aware also across multiple sites which track issues with downtime and such. Ride it out and see if it sorts itself, delete the account and re-add it to see if that fixes it or migrate to a different email service. Pretty much the only immediate options to alleviate the issue as it's not a BlackBerry specific problem.

Outlook.com account-screenshot-2016-11-22-07.34.19.png
    11-22-16 05:37 AM
    Sorry, I did type more in but it didn't come through.... Basically, I was just after any insights / anyone else who has experienced the same recently - more on the un authorised access kind of things. If they experienced any problems with their account after.

I just find it odd that I get alerted to a failed attempt to access my account (according to Microsoft who I've just been in an online chat with, the failed attempt was due to an incorrect password), that it is now saying my settings are incorrect (which they are not, as I can log in from desktop etc).

Anyway, will wait and see what happens. I only use this account to sync contacts, calendar, notes etc, and the only that it seems to not be affecting is the contacts side of things, so I can live with it for now
    11-22-16 06:37 AM
    Sorry, I did type more in but it didn't come through.... Basically, I was just after any insights / anyone else who has experienced the same recently - more on the un authorised access kind of things. If they experienced any problems with their account after.

I just find it odd that I get alerted to a failed attempt to access my account (according to Microsoft who I've just been in an online chat with, the failed attempt was due to an incorrect password), that it is now saying my settings are incorrect (which they are not, as I can log in from desktop etc).

Anyway, will wait and see what happens. I only use this account to sync contacts, calendar, notes etc, and the only that it seems to not be affecting is the contacts side of things, so I can live with it for now
    Sorry for latching on to only part of your post. Does Outlook (when it works!!!) actually sync the Priv's NOTES app? I gave the app up because I could find not way to backup or sync it with anything.
    11-22-16 09:18 AM
    Got the same email. After going through all the validation It showed no abnormal activity.

I think Microsoft just wanted to check I was alive because I never use it.
    11-22-16 09:39 AM
    Create an 'app password' for HUB, it works for me
    11-22-16 09:44 AM
    11-22-16 09:47 AM
    I had this happen yesterday..

I just removed the account from the hub, changed the password on the Web and Re-added. Everything works.

I was told by clewly that the notes app was only an interface to sync notes with enterprise services such as MS Exchange (360). No consumer sync (yet)...
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-16 09:50 AM
    Mine stopped working on my Q10 yesterday. I tried to add it again, but it will not authenticate. Where did Bla1ze get the outage info? According to Microsoft, Outlook.com is just fine:
    Outlook.com account-img_20161122_114128.png

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 11:44 AM
    I came across the post by andyppppppppp on AndroidCentral

Trouble with hotmail email - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Pasted below:

As MS stays 100% quiet about this issue, let me help you uncover it !

Can you go to your WEBMAIL outlook account please ? Go to hotmail.com and log in to your account.

Then go to options>pop&imap

First enable POP if you haven't yet.

Then secondly, have a look at the set protocols :

in the option pop&imap you can see the protocols used for incoming mail and outgoing mail.

Incoming should be "SSL"...but I suspect you have it set to "TLS"

Outgoing (smtp) should be "TLS", but you probably have it set at "STARTTLS".

This is MICROSOFT's doing, NOT YOURS !

MS is migrating (it seems) those protocols globally, from SSL to TLS for incoming mail, and from TLS to STARTTLS for outgoing mail.

I have already mentioned this to MS support, and all they can respond is that I have a 'misbehaving' account. Which is total BS by the way. All my accounts are verified.

So for everyone having sync issues, and I mean EVERYONE globally having issues syncing outlook on either MS Outlook app, Android or Iphone, Ipad,... anything other than the webmail itself, is in fact affected by this change in mail protocols !

If you have sync issues, check the pop&imap option, if you have TLS and STARTTLS instead of SSL and TLS, then you should blame MS, because it is a GLOBAL issue coming from THEIR SERVER END !

Hope THIS will help a LOT of users out there THINKING it is something they can fix. The END-USER CANNOT FIX THIS !!!

MS should first pull their finger and admit this issue, then start to fix it.

So support, pls STOP giving us the run-around. The issue is SERVER-END, and has to do with the protocol change in MANY BUT NOT ALL hotmail accounts.
    FF22 and Umedon like this.
    11-22-16 03:10 PM
    You're absolute right. It takes forever...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 07:03 PM
    Update: this morning I tried my password again, and it worked - on both my Priv and iPad.

I didn't change any other settings - only retyped my password.
    11-22-16 08:42 PM
    Started working again properly here too. Wasn't working for like 3 days.
    11-22-16 09:22 PM
    I have been having the same issue for about a week and now it appears we are not the only people with this issue. I have been receiving the same messages about unusual sign in attempt to my account and have activated two party authentication as well. I even contacted Microsoft and that was the most frustrating interaction I have even been involved in. They are too busy trying to close a ticket and did not really listen to what the problem was. It stops syncing between 10 pm and 11 pm CST when it happens. Really strange, because it usually starts working the following morning. I like BlackBerry Hub+ and I do not want to download another app (Outlook.com) This is very frustrating, so if you come up with an answer, please share.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-23-16 12:01 AM
    Mine is now magically working again.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:24 AM
    Hi all!

Just a note to let you know that Microsoft posted a issue notice > https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

<snip>
    Last refreshed: 2016-11-23 14:14:40Z (UTC)

Outlook.com service is interrupted
    OneDrive service is healthy

Title: Can't access or synchronize Outlook.com email

User Impact: Users may be unable to access or synchronize their Outlook.com accounts while using applications or mobile devices.

More info: While we're focused on remediation, users may be able to access the service by logging in to their Outlook.com accounts with a web browser as an alternative method.

Current status: We've completed the fix and are deploying it throughout the affected environment. While the fix is being deployed, some users may begin to access and synchronize their Outlook.com accounts while using applications or mobile devices.

Start time: Thursday, November 17, 2016, at 12:00 AM UTC

Next update by: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, at 8:30 PM UTC
    </snip>
    FF22 likes this.
    11-23-16 08:26 AM
    My outlook/hotmail account is fixed on Passport, Priv and Mozilla Thunderbird.

I can download, synchronize all my e-mail messages again. It was worth to wait (It took 4 days for completion) during the migration of Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-23-16 08:59 PM
    I was able to address the Outlook.com access issues by enabling 2 step authentication and generating app passwords. However, by several posters above, I continue to get emails from MS indicating unusual account access, and then I am prompted for a new password. on both my desktop and PRIV. When I go into my MS Account on-line, I do see access attempts from unknown devices. I am assuming this is from my PRIV, since I have recently changed my password. Does anyone have info on this?
    11-25-16 09:29 AM