Hey all, does anyone out there use the Outlook app instead of the hub/other email applications?

Just wondering. Is it better? Worse?

Thanks a lot!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 09:53 PM
    I don't use the outlook app on my Priv, I have used it on previous android phones.

It's not bad, I like the outlook app, but the hub is simply better.

The Priv may have many faults, but email via the hub is not one of them.

Email and calendar are two things I struggled with finding anything half decent in android, but blackberry does it best.

I recommend a decent high end or mid tier android device, with the blackberry suite of apps.

Posted via a Priv on an NDA protected software version.
    04-22-16 11:31 PM
    The Outlook app is utter trash. I use it on my tablet because it's the best landscape app that supports Exchange. Gmail with Exchange is even more abysmal.

Given that I have the Hub on my Priv, I would NEVER use Outlook on it.

The only email app better than Hub is Nine, but (1) it only supports Exchange not Gmail and (2) I like the Hub integration with everything besides email.

04-23-16 10:26 AM
    I used the Outlook app for a while. It was killing my battery, but apart from that it wasn't too bad (though you shouldn't expect the same experience as on a PC). But after about a week I uninstalled it and simply set up my Exchange email in the Hub and in my opinion that was the best option to go for. BlackBerry does email best right now, IMO.
    04-25-16 10:08 AM
    At least for a corporate Exchange account, Outlook is not an option since it stores your Exchange credentials on a server outside your control.

Posted via my PRIV running Marshmallow 6.0.1
    04-25-16 10:35 AM
    I had to use outlook for my work email as the US integration required waaaaaay too many permissions (I literally had to give up too much control).
    So I had to use the outlook app and it's mainly used when I'm away from a computer or out of town on a trip.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App for da Droid
    04-25-16 12:01 PM
    I use the outlook app. The focused inbox feature is killer for me.

I disabled the Hub after using it the first few months and battery life is much better with Outlook handling emails.

04-25-16 01:52 PM
    Thanks everyone! Think I'll stick with the HUB for now.

04-25-16 04:22 PM
    When I need access to exchange, lately I've just been using OWA for client email. I do have a second Exchange account synced through the Hub and it seems to work just fine.

04-25-16 04:26 PM
    Hub on the Priv doesn't compare with bb10 Hub. Since I have no options hence is constrained to use the Priv Hub. I thought it will improve in Marshmallow but I have not noticed any improvement in the Beta testing.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    04-25-16 04:31 PM
    I tried it but deleted it. I liked the integration with one drive, contacts etc but the fact that emails from subfolders do not show up was a deal breaker.

04-25-16 08:40 PM