You're monitored whether you like it or not. The only way to escape is to join the nomad tribes in the Amazon forest.
    09-16-15 10:12 AM
    I never said that, nor implied it. I'm responding to your use of a browser versus applications for security purposes. My point was there's no difference.

Posted via CB10
    There is in terms of permissions. Most android apps do not allow the user control over access. Most browsers do.
    Besides, we don't control the android runtime on our BlackBerry 10 phones since 10.3.2. It keeps uploading data to google...
    That's what Chen did to us, without warning us in advance.
    09-16-15 10:15 AM
    You're monitored whether you like it or not. The only way to escape is to join the nomad tribes in the Amazon forest.
    Yes. It is illegal. That used to happen in the former communist countries, and in the end people went out in the street and toppled those regimes for that very reason. Some of those in charge even paid with their lives for it.
    It was only 26 years ago.
    The man in charge with Google, Sergei, knows that very well.
    Isn't it Ironic that his mom and dad ran away from the Soviet Union for that reason and now he is carrying that soviet dream to perfection?
    09-16-15 10:21 AM
    Yeah I get that. I think I was referring to other blackberry users on here that feel it's an advantage to have an os that lacks apps.

I think there's a huge difference between laziness and convenience. Should I open my banking app and check my balance? Or do it the old fashion way and call my bank? Do I order a pizza over the phone or is it much faster to use an app? Should I buy a physical book showing me different gym exercises? Or should I download an app that has all this info along with video examples showing me perfect form.

For some reason when paying my water bill, there's no way to pay it over the phone or online so I have to make the drive to pay it in person. This isn't me being lazy. I feel that all these apps make my life convenient and also save me some time, then it's up to me what I'm going to do with this extra time, yeah I can be lazy or be productive.

I use Amazon prime a lot since the closest town with a decent size mall is almost a 40 minute drive. I'm not lazy, I just realize that I don't want to spend the gas and time to commute over there.

I loved Wall-E. I think people should learn how to read a basic map and even learn some basic survival skills just so we aren't so reliant on technology but still, I'm all about that sweet sweet convenience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    And no,i don't think you're lazy. For you being quite a ways out, kind of a necessity. I also don't think everyone that uses apps are lazy either. Yes I saw the comments that I should walk everywhere and hunt my own food. Yes I do walk to town, it's good exercise and I enjoy it. I grow my own vegetables and I do hunt and fish. If I offended anyone, my apologies. And I agree with the map reading. Every one should learn basic land navigation. with my military training, you can drop me anywhere in the world, drop me in a forest with a topo map,a pencil, a protractor and my trusty mil spec compass and write down the grid coordinate for my pick up and I'll get there. I hope we never get like Wall-E, that would be a shame.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    MO3iusONE and axllebeer like this.
    09-16-15 11:05 AM
    90% of you guys who use BlackBerry for "security" don't really know what security means
    This is the best comment in this trend.
    Security for Android? That is a joke.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:10 AM
    Yes. It is illegal. That used to happen in the former communist countries, and in the end people went out in the street and toppled those regimes for that very reason. Some of those in charge even paid with their lives for it.
    It was only 26 years ago.
    The man in charge with Google, Sergei, knows that very well.
    Isn't it Ironic that his mom and dad ran away from the Soviet Union for that reason and now he is carrying that soviet dream to perfection?
    Those damn commies! It's a conspiracy!

Hail Hydra.
    axllebeer likes this.
    09-16-15 11:56 AM
    How times have changed...the term Crackberry after all refers to not being able to put down your Blackberry....
    ...there's a difference between not being able to put it down because you're a slave to it (iPhone) and because you use it frequently to go about your day (BlackBerry)...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    09-16-15 12:08 PM
    If we look at this objectively we can see these are phones and as this is their primary function should be at least adequate at this task.

Apps are great but I am one who has been on the Internet since time began and embraced technology and its waterfall of product changes so I never stress over a small ripple in the stream. Apps will disappear much like any other mode of accessing information and tasks. It will be replaced by something else like thought control or REM. Hanging your hat on any technology is dangerous.

Technology is a tool not a lifestyle. Learn to be self sufficient first then technology fits into life in a more practical way.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    axllebeer and astrodan13 like this.
    09-16-15 12:14 PM
    Do you use apps on your PC? The browser on the PC does everything. So it does on the BlackBerry Passport.
    Obviously, everything that can be done on a phone can be done on a laptop or PC. The only difference is that only on the phone they can keep 100% control of you, as medic said...
    IT companies and the government have no intention to change that. They can control us all much better with apps.
    None of these major democracy issues have been discussed with the public.
    ...remember when we were all just on PC's?...how many programs (apps) did most have at any given time?....10...20?...now all of the sudden it's 'NECESSARY' that we have to have hundreds and hundreds on our cell phones, which by and large with a few exceptions (so far BlackBerry) that have a fraction of the capability and ease of such that our PC's had...what happened?.....oh right we were told it was so and like the puppet most are bowed down......

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    09-16-15 12:14 PM
    After reviewing all the comments received... I stand corrected.... OS10 "alone" is not sustainable... long live BlackBerry Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:43 PM
    If we look at this objectively we can see these are phones and as this is their primary function should be at least adequate at this task.

Apps are great but I am one who has been on the Internet since time began and embraced technology and its waterfall of product changes so I never stress over a small ripple in the stream. Apps will disappear much like any other mode of accessing information and tasks. It will be replaced by something else like thought control or REM. Hanging your hat on any technology is dangerous.

Technology is a tool not a lifestyle. Learn to be self sufficient first then technology fits into life in a more practical way.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I like this. Well said.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    09-16-15 01:42 PM
    After reviewing all the comments received... I stand corrected.... OS10 "alone" is not sustainable... long live BlackBerry Android.

Posted via CB10
    I have Android phones here, and a new iPhone. Guess which 1 leaves the house with me?

The BlackBerry Q10 

(However to be fair, I'm not sure that would be the case if we didn't have the Android runtime to make up for what apps are not available as native. Banking and such, productivity mainly.)

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    ayngling and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-16-15 01:47 PM
    Only thing that needs to be said is:

If <insert BB10 fanatic> wanted an Android device I would have bought one.

If you, the user like Android, fantastic. Realize there will ALWAYS be the others that don't. So you might as well just give up the argument, its like trying to convince a squirrel he is a frog.

If BB10 EOLs it will be a sad day and time to move on to another OS. And it won't be iOS or Android....at least not for me.
    axllebeer likes this.
    09-16-15 01:56 PM
    If <insert BB10 fanatic> wanted an Android device I would have bought one.

Even this is not a sustainable fact.
    Numbers don't lie:
    IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

Blackberry OS Market Share:
    2012 Q2__4.9%
    2013 Q2__2.8%
    2014 Q2__0.5%
    2015 Q2__0.3%

At 0.5% marketshare that would just be the <insert BB10 fanatic> left. Yet a year later, it still dropped to 0.3%. That's a 40% loss from previous year!
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-16-15 04:15 PM
    I think the main problem with BlackBerry 10 is the apps. People are too lazy to go to the bank, read a hagstrom map to see where they are and where they're going, and can't post the food they're eating properly on the Web. Really people? Our society is becoming what is to me like the movie Wall-E. Over consumption and I need everything done through an app because it's too time consuming to do it otherwise. How many of you have actually taken the time to write a thank you note or a letter to your mom or dad? I think maybe 10% of you. Suck it up. If you "need " those apps to complete your life, go to Android and Ios. Maybe BlackBerry should make their slogan "keeping people human, because we don't have all those lazy apps." and thank you, I prefer my key wind,key set pocket watch over some electronic watch. True artesian craftsmanship there.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Shouldn't you get rid of your phone then? I find it lazy to call someone when you could walk to their house and say hello. It's also lazy to email when you could write a letter. Don't text someone, send them a postcard or telegram. Don't drive your car to the bank, that's lazy. Walk there and get some exercise.

BB doesn't have "lazy apps" as you put it, they just have an app store filled with junk apps, more than any other OS by volume. Before you start commending them for their humanity you should know that they when they launched BB10 and touted an app store of 100,000 apps, half were junk street apps by one developer which BB was well aware of. BB is the worst when it comes to junk apps that no one needs. Their app store is full of them.

How did mom and dad become a part of the app discussion? Apps make you a bad son or daughter who isn't thankful for their parents?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-16-15 10:17 PM
    Heh heh. A pocket computer user telling another pocket computer user they are lazy for using a device that out-does his own pocket computer. That's what BB diehards have been reduced to. Fits the 0.3% marketshare just right.
    kbz1960 and MO3iusONE like this.
    09-16-15 10:41 PM
    I said it before: Android would help sales, BlackBerry 10 isn't sustainable alone.

Does this say that it's time to discard it? Not at all.

You and John Chen know that Android could never be made more secure than BlackBerry10.
    ASSUMING the scenario where the user gets to choose the phone's OS on first boot, there's a narrow chance of BB10 getting a bounce.

My theory: Android will attract a lot of phone nerds, and at least a few of them will be curious enough to at least try BB10 for a week or two. And the odd one will want to keep it.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    09-19-15 02:12 AM
    Let's be honest: if this android launches with all the best features of bb10 (protect, the vkb, blend, the file manager), what else can BB10 do than die out? It will die out. Not in the immediate (Chen said "We remain commited to the BB10 OS"), but the user base will just diminish so drastically, while on the other hand it will explode on the Android side, that it will just be phased out gradually. Like OS 7.
    So what does it matter? What will we lose?
    We'll miss little things like the swipe gestures. But that's it really.
    We also had to give up our little habits to move from OS7 to BB10. Moving forwards means changing.
    Don't forget there are still users that will not transition from their 9900 to BB10 because it's not exactly the same. They would have to give up on their sacred "alt + return" to multitask, and they aren't willing to.
    And I'd say there are probably about the same number of BB10 users who won't give up on BB10 for basically the same reason : not lose the swipe, etc.
    So no biggie, in 1 year we'll have all buried BB10, embraced Android and will be enjoying seeing BlackBerry thrive again.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-19-15 03:17 AM
    ASSUMING the scenario where the user gets to choose the phone's OS on first boot, there's a narrow chance of BB10 getting a bounce.

My theory: Android will attract a lot of phone nerds, and at least a few of them will be curious enough to at least try BB10 for a week or two. And the odd one will want to keep it.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    You are the only poster assuming that ridiculous scenario. There is no choose your own os on the slider. Use common sense. Do you really think Google would allow that ?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-19-15 03:25 AM
    Let's be honest: if this android launches with all the best features of bb10 (protect, the vkb, blend, the file manager), what else can BB10 do than die out? It will die out. Not in the immediate (Chen said "We remain commited to the BB10 OS"), but the user base will just diminish so drastically, while on the other hand it will explode on the Android side, that it will just be phased out gradually. Like OS 7.
    So what does it matter? What will we lose?
    We'll miss little things like the swipe gestures. But that's it really.
    We also had to give up our little habits to move from OS7 to BB10. Moving forwards means changing.
    Don't forget there are still users that will not transition from their 9900 to BB10 because it's not exactly the same. They would have to give up on their sacred "alt + return" to multitask, and they aren't willing to.
    And I'd say there are probably about the same number of BB10 users who won't give up on BB10 for basically the same reason : not lose the swipe, etc.
    So no biggie, in 1 year we'll have all buried BB10, embraced Android and will be enjoying seeing BlackBerry thrive again.

I agree with you on many points, and is super excited for the slider and it being secured android.

But, there could be some hope that BlackBerry 10 is maintained and sold as an ultra-secure COBO alternative, because QNX is the base of BlackBerry's plans for IoT (automotive etc).
    Last edited by ayngling; 09-19-15 at 06:02 AM.
    09-19-15 03:38 AM
    I'm sick of this whole bb10 doesn't have apps mentality. Bb10 has PLENTY of apps, they're just geared towards different things. I have nearly the same number of apps on my Passport as I ever did on my previous Android phone, the difference being that the apps on the BlackBerry World are for the most part geared towards productivity. And I would say it's a testament to how much more stable bb10 is than Android when it comes to apps that I have NEVER had the kind of bug issues with BlackBerry apps that you frequently have on pretty much and Android device using god knows what app.

It's not that the app support isn't there, it's just different.

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    09-19-15 05:58 AM
    I'm sick of this whole bb10 doesn't have apps mentality. Bb10 has PLENTY of apps, they're just geared towards different things. I have nearly the same number of apps on my Passport as I ever did on my previous Android phone, the difference being that the apps on the BlackBerry World are for the most part geared towards productivity. And I would say it's a testament to how much more stable bb10 is than Android when it comes to apps that I have NEVER had the kind of bug issues with BlackBerry apps that you frequently have on pretty much and Android device using god knows what app.

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    No, you're wrong. BBW has a lot, a lot less apps and a lot less good ones.

MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-19-15 07:13 AM

JC would disagree.
    09-19-15 07:37 AM
    BlackBerry 10 should had came out with the storm... that's it. Remember the marketing power Verizon put behind the storm back then?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:43 AM
    It was a quick mothball however

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:05 AM
228 ... 56789 ...