enlighten them, then. 90% is pretty much everyone.
    90% of BlackBerry's user base is basically nothing sadly.
    09-15-15 09:43 AM
    Lol and your response is as expected. Don't learn to read cursive and keep typing on glass. That way the people that want to change things can because they know you can't read the original text to dispute what they feed you. Ever see the movie Idiocracy? Pretty much where thus world is headed. Brawndo. It has electrolytes. My point is simply that people are too willing to just take the easy way. Whether it is saying they can't lose weight, because they are too lazy to do it, or because they just have to have an app for that because actually typing info in is just too much work. Doesn't matter what os you use the clamor is the same. If you aren't willing to do a little extra effort and go outside the box, then you will always be in that useful, unwashed ***** category to the ones that are steering you into it. They don't care because it makes them money.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose we will just disagree, apps have replaced the mobile browser or the mobile browser is just another app. At least on the main operating systems, maybe it is different on BB10. Oh well! But I recommend everyone read Losing the Signal, if you haven't already.
    09-15-15 09:57 AM
    Brawndo. It has electrolytes.

Posted via CB10
    It's got what plants crave!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:08 AM
    Sure it was. The mistake is comparing BB10 users to BBOS. BBOS use dropped precipitously as folks went to iPhone and Android. BBOS for consumers collapsed. Whereas BB10 never even really got off the ground.

Read the forum posts here about truncated emails. I personally never had that many on my Tour. But lots of folks who routinely email large files had a problem. A problem they knew could be solved by leaving BlackBerry when coworkers got the same emails they could not by using iPhones.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339

Visualizing JRSCCivic98 raising hell....again. LOL. Never a dull moment when she was around about truncated emails and a few other issues.

IMO, let's wait-n-see how this device works before assuming and hope that it entices the public to look at BlackBerry again. I hope it does and has decent - great sales. Otherwise, no matter how great the device, I could see Android moving forward w/o BlackBerry while continuing to utilize BlackBerry to enhance their security.
    southlander likes this.
    09-15-15 12:40 PM
    If it is sustainable, do you think they would go android route? If android route fails do you think BB10 will continue to live?
    I said it before: Android would help sales, BlackBerry 10 isn't sustainable alone.

Does this say that it's time to discard it? Not at all.

You and John Chen know that Android could never be made more secure than BlackBerry10.
    astrodan13 and Reed Richards like this.
    09-15-15 12:55 PM
    Lol and your response is as expected. Don't learn to read cursive and keep typing on glass. That way the people that want to change things can because they know you can't read the original text to dispute what they feed you. Ever see the movie Idiocracy? Pretty much where thus world is headed. Brawndo. It has electrolytes. My point is simply that people are too willing to just take the easy way. Whether it is saying they can't lose weight, because they are too lazy to do it, or because they just have to have an app for that because actually typing info in is just too much work. Doesn't matter what os you use the clamor is the same. If you aren't willing to do a little extra effort and go outside the box, then you will always be in that useful, unwashed ***** category to the ones that are steering you into it. They don't care because it makes them money.

Posted via CB10
    You Equating the use of smartphones to laziness and sending that message by typing it in your smartphone is a little ironic don't you think?

Shouldn't you be writing this on paper (cursive of course) jogging down to the mailbox or post office, mailing it to Crackberry offices and requesting that they get off their fat arses and type your response into this thread?
    kbz1960 and MO3iusONE like this.
    09-15-15 01:30 PM
    You Equating the use of smartphones to laziness and sending that message by typing it in your smartphone is a little ironic don't you think?

Shouldn't you be writing this on paper (cursive of course) jogging down to the mailbox or post office, mailing it to Crackberry offices and requesting that they get off their fat arses and type your response into this thread?
    No! It has to be scanned to stay cursive
    09-15-15 01:35 PM
    90% of BlackBerry's user base is basically nothing sadly.
    Still waiting for Dat Gui to inform us what security really means on BB10. Since 90% don't know.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:30 PM
    90% of you guys who use BlackBerry for "security" don't really know what security means
    Still waiting for Dat Gui to inform us what security really means on BB10. Since 90% don't know.

Posted via CB10
    I quoted him because I'm pretty sure I'm one of those that doesn't know what security means.
    I bought my Z30 because I thought it'd be more secure.
    09-15-15 11:01 PM
    I think the main problem with BlackBerry 10 is the apps. People are too lazy to go to the bank, read a hagstrom map to see where they are and where they're going, and can't post the food they're eating properly on the Web. Really people? Our society is becoming what is to me like the movie Wall-E. Over consumption and I need everything done through an app because it's too time consuming to do it otherwise. How many of you have actually taken the time to write a thank you note or a letter to your mom or dad? I think maybe 10% of you. Suck it up. If you "need " those apps to complete your life, go to Android and Ios. Maybe BlackBerry should make their slogan "keeping people human, because we don't have all those lazy apps." and thank you, I prefer my key wind,key set pocket watch over some electronic watch. True artesian craftsmanship there.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    ...I hear ya, I get a chuckle out of watching people spend so much time on their iPhone's and Android whatever and claim that somehow they are being more productive and efficient...I generally accomplish the same amount of tasks in half the time or better on my 'old sluggish' Z30...then back to life...my Mrs. spends so much time on her 5S doing less than I do on my Z30 ...that I want to go hunt down my 2lb sledge and put an end to that iPhone...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    09-15-15 11:21 PM
    ...I hear ya, I get a chuckle out of watching people spend so much time on their iPhone's and Android whatever and claim that somehow they are being more productive and efficient...I generally accomplish the same amount of tasks in half the time or better on my 'old sluggish' Z30...then back to life...my Mrs. spends so much time on her 5S doing less than I do on my Z30 ...that I want to go hunt down my 2lb sledge and put an end to that iPhone...

How times have changed...the term Crackberry after all refers to not being able to put down your Blackberry....
    09-15-15 11:36 PM

It blows my mind that you guys can somehow spin this and try to say that blackberry lacking apps is an advantage.

I mean at the end of the day, it's all about self control. I could spend all day on my phone downloading a bunch of games and wasting away on the play store or I van be productive.

I have a journal app that syncs to my Google Drive which is nice. I have a calendar widget app since I'm forgetful so I use that a lot for my appointments. I have an app called rewire that helps you build helpful habits and I even have an a anxiety game which is suppose to help you with your breathing (I have anxiety issues so this helps)

Again, I could be on Facebook or Instagram all day or I can choose to be productive. I don't need to jump ship to an OS that lacks apps in order be productive, it's all about self control

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-16-15 12:20 AM
    It blows my mind that you guys can somehow spin this and try to say that blackberry lacking apps is an advantage.

I mean at the end of the day, it's all about self control. I could spend all day on my phone downloading a bunch of games and wasting away on the play store or I van be productive.

I have a journal app that syncs to my Google Drive which is nice. I have a calendar widget app since I'm forgetful so I use that a lot for my appointments. I have an app called rewire that helps you build helpful habits and I even have an a anxiety game which is suppose to help you with your breathing (I have anxiety issues so this helps)

Again, I could be on Facebook or Instagram all day or I can choose to be productive. I don't need to jump ship to an OS that lacks apps in order be productive, it's all about self control

I never alluded to or stated that not having apps on BlackBerry was an advantage. I alluded to that too many apps are making people lazy. I'm watching mork and mindy, oh 'click ' I just put my check in the bank while still sitting on my couch and then I send my pizza emoji and now I have Domino's coming. Some people see that as a convenience. I say it's laziness. That's just my opinion though and as I've stated earlier, everyone has one. I can see it 20 years down the road, you wake up, hit the coffee app after you hit the shower and shave app and of course the dress me app to finish. Watch the movie Wall-E and there we are in the next 100 years. And no I don't think everyone using apps are lazy, as of course I'm posting this on the CB app. I can travel from NY to anywhere in the US by using a map. I guarantee you that out of 100 people that are told that they have to take a road trip and they could only use a road Atlas, maybe 20% would be able to. Basic road navigation thrown out the window because the GPS will do it for You. That's my point.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    09-16-15 01:21 AM
    I suppose we will just disagree, apps have replaced the mobile browser or the mobile browser is just another app. At least on the main operating systems, maybe it is different on BB10. Oh well! But I recommend everyone read Losing the Signal, if you haven't already.
    Do you use apps on your PC? The browser on the PC does everything. So it does on the BlackBerry Passport.
    Obviously, everything that can be done on a phone can be done on a laptop or PC. The only difference is that only on the phone they can keep 100% control of you, as medic said...
    IT companies and the government have no intention to change that. They can control us all much better with apps.
    None of these major democracy issues have been discussed with the public.
    09-16-15 05:33 AM
    Do you use apps on your PC? The browser on the PC does everything. So it does on the BlackBerry Passport.
    Obviously, everything that can be done on a phone can be done on a laptop or PC. The only difference is that only on the phone they can keep 100% control of you, as medic said...
    IT companies and the government have no intention to change that. They can control us all much better with apps.
    None of these major democracy issues have been discussed with the public.
    Can't they already control us with the implants they put into our brain??

I do use apps on my PC...but I also use the browser on my PC. You have to use the browser because there isn't an app for it on Blackberry which is fine, but the denial of the need apps is why Blackberry is in the position it is in. There are a minority of people that feel the same way you guys do, just like typing on glass. I used WebOS I feel to this day it was the best mobile OS, the team at Palm was second to only apple software wise in my opinion. Unfortunately they couldn't compete...
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-16-15 05:42 AM
    Can't they already control us with the implants they put into our brain??

I do use apps on my PC...but I also use the browser on my PC. You have to use the browser because there isn't an app for it on Blackberry which is fine, but the denial of the need apps is why Blackberry is in the position it is in. There are a minority of people that feel the same way you guys do, just like typing on glass. I used WebOS I feel to this day it was the best mobile OS, the team at Palm was second to only apple software wise in my opinion. Unfortunately they couldn't compete...
    Nope. I do not deny the use of apps.
    I use lots of BlackBerry apps because I can control their permissions.
    All the apps could be implemented in the browser, if those companies actually cared about you. Instead, they mine your data and you have no choice other than to avoid using the app. That's what I do, as a matter of principle, and I am not missing anything.
    I just refuse to be monitored and tracked like a prisoner.
    I know I am a minority, but it's worth it for me. I have never gone with the herd.
    09-16-15 06:43 AM
    Nope. I do not deny the use of apps.
    I use lots of BlackBerry apps because I can control their permissions.
    All the apps could be implemented in the browser, if those companies actually cared about you. Instead, they mine your data and you have no choice other than to avoid using the app. That's what I do, as a matter of principle, and I am not missing anything.
    I just refuse to be monitored and tracked like a prisoner.
    I know I am a minority, but it's worth it for me. I have never gone with the herd.
    Um, you know they can monitor you over a browser too right? Your ISP or mobile provider has access to everything anyway so nothing you do online is confidential.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Kurdis Blough like this.
    09-16-15 07:17 AM
    If Jolla can still be in the market, why can't BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 07:18 AM
    I never alluded to or stated that not having apps on BlackBerry was an advantage. I alluded to that too many apps are making people lazy. I'm watching mork and mindy, oh 'click ' I just put my check in the bank while still sitting on my couch and then I send my pizza emoji and now I have Domino's coming. Some people see that as a convenience. I say it's laziness. That's just my opinion though and as I've stated earlier, everyone has one. I can see it 20 years down the road, you wake up, hit the coffee app after you hit the shower and shave app and of course the dress me app to finish. Watch the movie Wall-E and there we are in the next 100 years. And no I don't think everyone using apps are lazy, as of course I'm posting this on the CB app. I can travel from NY to anywhere in the US by using a map. I guarantee you that out of 100 people that are told that they have to take a road trip and they could only use a road Atlas, maybe 20% would be able to. Basic road navigation thrown out the window because the GPS will do it for You. That's my point.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    So stop driving and walk everywhere. After all aren't you "being lazy" by using a modern convenience like a car instead of walking. Stop going to a grocery store and hunt for your food while your at it.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-16-15 07:47 AM

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Yeah I get that. I think I was referring to other blackberry users on here that feel it's an advantage to have an os that lacks apps.

I think there's a huge difference between laziness and convenience. Should I open my banking app and check my balance? Or do it the old fashion way and call my bank? Do I order a pizza over the phone or is it much faster to use an app? Should I buy a physical book showing me different gym exercises? Or should I download an app that has all this info along with video examples showing me perfect form.

For some reason when paying my water bill, there's no way to pay it over the phone or online so I have to make the drive to pay it in person. This isn't me being lazy. I feel that all these apps make my life convenient and also save me some time, then it's up to me what I'm going to do with this extra time, yeah I can be lazy or be productive.

I use Amazon prime a lot since the closest town with a decent size mall is almost a 40 minute drive. I'm not lazy, I just realize that I don't want to spend the gas and time to commute over there.

I loved Wall-E. I think people should learn how to read a basic map and even learn some basic survival skills just so we aren't so reliant on technology but still, I'm all about that sweet sweet convenience.

astrodan13 likes this.
    09-16-15 08:04 AM
    Um, you know they can monitor you over a browser too right? Your ISP or mobile provider has access to everything anyway so nothing you do online is confidential.

Posted via CB10
    please do tell us more.
    09-16-15 09:33 AM
    please do tell us more.
    What would you like to know?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:50 AM
    Yeah I get that. I think I was referring to other blackberry users on here that feel it's an advantage to have an os that lacks apps.

I think there's a huge difference between laziness and convenience. Should I open my banking app and check my balance? Or do it the old fashion way and call my bank? Do I order a pizza over the phone or is it much faster to use an app? Should I buy a physical book showing me different gym exercises? Or should I download an app that has all this info along with video examples showing me perfect form.

For some reason when paying my water bill, there's no way to pay it over the phone or online so I have to make the drive to pay it in person. This isn't me being lazy. I feel that all these apps make my life convenient and also save me some time, then it's up to me what I'm going to do with this extra time, yeah I can be lazy or be productive.

I use Amazon prime a lot since the closest town with a decent size mall is almost a 40 minute drive. I'm not lazy, I just realize that I don't want to spend the gas and time to commute over there.

I loved Wall-E. I think people should learn how to read a basic map and even learn some basic survival skills just so we aren't so reliant on technology but still, I'm all about that sweet sweet convenience.

Indeed the age of convenience plays a lot in the "how was this done before" with things like navigating using a map and other things of the sort. I'm sitting here at 33, all the tech in the world, some would say an addiction, but if I threw it all away for the most part I would be ok.

I can things for long storage, ride my bike for transportation when I can, I still drive around town to pay all of my local bills because I just prefer it that way and my son likes the drive, still keep a supply of stamps around, and stream almost everything, but I still buy hard copies of movies and music, then make digital copies because it's easier that way to have a fall back. I enjoy juicing fresh veggies and fruit also.

Anyway, I'm not trying to justify anything or prove a point. Just rambling for the most part. Because there are days that I can be just fine with doing nothing and be very lazy too.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Last edited by axllebeer; 09-16-15 at 01:43 PM.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-16-15 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know. That still does not make it legal and acceptable.
    Nobody has any legal right to access my data without a warrant or without my permission.
    Are you trying to say that we should accept to be robbed of our data and privacy simply because we use the Internet or a phone and that we should not stand up against it?
    I pay my Internet provider a monthly fee for the service, not to be monitored.
    09-16-15 10:01 AM
    I know. That still does not make it legal and acceptable.
    Nobody has any legal right to access my data without a warrant or without my permission.
    Are you trying to say that we should accept to be robbed of our data and privacy simply because we use the Internet or a phone and that we should not stand up against it?
    I pay my Internet provider a monthly fee for the service, not to be monitored.
    I never said that, nor implied it. I'm responding to your use of a browser versus applications for security purposes. My point was there's no difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:09 AM
228 ... 45678 ...