Seriously, its like nobody has seen Breaking Bad, or Sons of Anarchy. Burners folks, Burners
    This!

OS10 is not sustainable... long live BlackBerry Android-img_20150914_232049.jpg

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-14-15 10:21 PM
    Damn dude, it's your mentality that's got bbry in the position that they are in. I want apps. Using the website is a last resort. Step into 2015 kid..

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the TDBANK app does not have all the features the desktop website has. Therefore, on my phone, although I have the app, I still use the browser to bank.
    09-14-15 11:40 PM
    Actually, the TDBANK app does not have all the features the desktop website has. Therefore, on my phone, although I have the app, I still use the browser to bank.
    A full website would probably have more features, but would probably miss a major one tailored for mobile devices: deposit on the go.

Which is what it boils down to, really... apps are made for mobility. It is a company saying it wants your business on your terms.
    09-14-15 11:59 PM
    BlackBerry 7 will always be the most secure because it went through BlackBerry's servers which is what I miss most about the old system. I would pay 5 dollars a month on top of my bill to know that my information was being sent securely through BIS

Posted via CB10
    Once the cellular providers had fairly fast networks, BIS really didn't do a whole lot except slow things down and add a failure point. It was great for networks with very low bandwidth and for users with very low data caps though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-15-15 12:28 AM
    Well, it doesn't. I am travelling abroad and I actually have to use my phone with the desktop browser for a variety of things that are not available in the mobile app. I don't need to deposit cheques when I am abroad, but I need to set up travel periods for my cards which I cannot do in the mobile app.
    It's like saying that a phone can do everything a PC does. It should, but it doesn't, or else I would have root access and deny all apps, and even BlackBerry, access to my phone.
    I would have privacy and security (yes security means also that my data are not available to others) which I do not have now...
    Last edited by sorinv; 09-15-15 at 01:26 AM.
    09-15-15 12:29 AM
    Once the cellular providers had fairly fast networks, BIS really didn't do a whole lot except slow things down and add a failure point. It was great for networks with very low bandwidth and for users with very low data caps though.

Are you sure that is the only reason it was abandoned?
    I think abandoning it did two things:
    1) former BlackBerry users started paying more for data usage (because it increased) thus making the carriers happy,
    2) communications have since been more easily monitored by authorities, making government agencies happy.
    NickMcBride likes this.
    09-15-15 12:39 AM
    Keyboards? I've moved to voice! Ha!

Only virtual keyboard that was able to get me off of BB hardware is Swype.
    What do you do when you have to use your phone in silence not to disturb others?
    09-15-15 01:01 AM
    Me too. My coworkers think it is really weird that I sit in front of my computer answering emails on my Q10. It's like they don't believe me when I say it is easier and quicker that way. Man I love the hub and the 4 row keyboard... they really don't know what they are missing.
    Yes, I definitely answer all my emails on my Passport and not on my office PC or on my macBook. By the way, the mighty Apple Macbook 12 inch keyboard jumps rows when I type. The passport keyboard is so much better!
    ayngling likes this.
    09-15-15 01:04 AM
    Are you sure that is the only reason it was abandoned?
    I think abandoning it did two things:
    1) former BlackBerry users started paying more for data usage (because it increased) thus making the carriers happy,
    2) communications have since been more easily monitored by authorities, making government agencies happy.
    It has been abandoned because so few consumers use it anymore, and the carriers didn't like paying BlackBerry monthly fees for something that could slow and or break service and moreover something they had no control over. Not to mention the added complexity of attaching it to specific lines. Etc. I am also sure complaints to carriers from customers about truncated emails didn't help. Additionally once there were other ways to elegantly do push email that further removed it's need. I personally feel that the iPhone with free EAS enabled Gmail costed BlackBerry a lot of business users early on in the smartphone wars.

09-15-15 01:11 AM
    On my Sony Xperia Z3 I blocked ALL connections and whitelisted some that I needed. Even the Play Store didn't work. So why is that not secure? I use an iptables root firewall, don't think that's available on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    And I suppose you don't use apps because you can't if you do not give them permissions.. so why bother with android?
    lift likes this.
    09-15-15 01:13 AM
    It has been abandoned because so few consumers use it anymore, and the carriers didn't like paying BlackBerry monthly fees for something that could slow and or break service and moreover something they had no control over. Not to mention the added complexity of attaching it to specific lines. Etc. I am also sure complaints to carriers from customers about truncated emails didn't help. Additionally once there were other ways to elegantly do push email that further removed it's need. I personally feel that the iPhone with free EAS enabled Gmail costed BlackBerry a lot of business users early on in the smartphone wars.

It was abandoned in 2013 in BB10 when BB10 came out. At that time there were a lot more BBOS users than there are BB10 and BBOS users combined now.
    So, numbers could not have been the reason.
    Interesting about the truncated emails. I never had such a problem between 2008 and. 2013 when I used BBOS.
    Last edited by sorinv; 09-15-15 at 01:45 AM.
    NickMcBride likes this.
    09-15-15 01:24 AM
    It was abandoned in 2013in BB10 when BB10 came out. At that time there were a lot more BBOS users than there are BB10 and BBOS users combined now.
    So, numbers, could not have been the reason.
    Interesting about the truncated emails. I never had such a problem between 2008 and. 2013 when I used BBOS.
    Sure it was. The mistake is comparing BB10 users to BBOS. BBOS use dropped precipitously as folks went to iPhone and Android. BBOS for consumers collapsed. Whereas BB10 never even really got off the ground.

Read the forum posts here about truncated emails. I personally never had that many on my Tour. But lots of folks who routinely email large files had a problem. A problem they knew could be solved by leaving BlackBerry when coworkers got the same emails they could not by using iPhones.

kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 01:29 AM
    What do you do when you have to use your phone in silence not to disturb others?
    I use the keyboard, which is my preferred method of data entry.
    kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    09-15-15 02:00 AM
    Well, it doesn't. I am travelling abroad and I actually have to use my phone with the desktop browser for a variety of things that are not available in the mobile app. I don't need to deposit cheques when I am abroad, but I need to set up travel periods for my cards which I cannot do in the mobile app.
    It's like saying that a phone can do everything a PC does. It should, but it doesn't, or else I would have root access and deny all apps, and even BlackBerry, access to my phone.
    I would have privacy and security (yes security means also that my data are not available to others) which I do not have now...
    In your case, I'd use the website too.

But this is something readily available to folks that are on platforms with good ecosystems. They are not forced to use a website when an app is a better alternative.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 02:03 AM
    I prefer desktop sites because I have the passport with big screen and I can use the touch keyboard in the browser. Most of the apps do not allow that. Looking at my daughter's iphone and at my macbook 12 inch (which now has a trackpad zoom like the passport touch keyboard) I think I am better off that way.
    But sure, everyone has his/her preference. I just do not find any justification for allowing access to apps to my data and phone ID for such trivial benefits.
    09-15-15 05:24 AM
    It is good for me that BlackBerry sells Android handset because this would help sales, keeping the handset division alive and spreading the BlackBerry world.

Until they keep BlackBerry 10.

It makes me laugh to read the people already on the Android bandwagon deciding that BlackBerry10 isn't sustainable.

I am sure that Chen is more committed to BlackBerry10 than you might think...
    If it is sustainable, do you think they would go android route? If android route fails do you think BB10 will continue to live?
    09-15-15 06:58 AM
    WRONG! YOU might buy one. OTHERS here will too. I won't. Riding this BB10 horse til it's dead in the ground! Late adopter to BB10 (was pretty mad about it not coming to my beloved PlayBook), and if it's the end of BlackBerry, it will be the end of me using a phone for anything other than my bosses calling me (got a Samsung Galaxy Light S sitting around here that my sister got me so she could get a gift card from TMo last year that I would use only for calls, if I absolutely had to). I am not saying I don't use any Android apps, but I use as few as I can get away with, and could honestly go without them once Bleach is done (main Android use is to read Manga, and Bleach is the only one still going that I care about).

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry World, search for BAM!, install BAM!, read Bleach.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    09-15-15 07:40 AM
    Lol and this is why Blackberry is in the position it is in....
    True that BlackBerry dropped the ball and didn't get apps/ os10 out there soon enough. Also true that people today are getting lazier and lazier by the minute. I see it in my own kids and that generation in general. My folks saw it in my generation etc etc. But the comment you scoffed at was right in that respect. Take your faces out of your screens. What ever that screen might be, and get up and do somehow productive. I mean dominoes let's you order pizza by clicking an emoji for goodness sake. That is the perfect example of freaking lazy. Learn to write and read cursive. Interact with real people now and then. Stop being a slave.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-15-15 07:50 AM
    True that BlackBerry dropped the ball and didn't get apps/ os10 out there soon enough. Also true that people today are getting lazier and lazier by the minute. I see it in my own kids and that generation in general. My folks saw it in my generation etc etc. But the comment you scoffed at was right in that respect. Take your faces out of your screens. What ever that screen might be, and get up and do somehow productive. I mean dominoes let's you order pizza by clicking an emoji for goodness sake. That is the perfect example of freaking lazy. Learn to write and read cursive. Interact with real people now and then. Stop being a slave.

Posted via CB10
    Lol those that don't adapt, fall behind. It is pretty sad how 70 percent of the country is overweight or obese, but that is why you can count macros and exercise. This generation will do fine. Maybe if Mike L learned to type on glass, the new "cursive" Blackberry would be in a better position....
    09-15-15 08:00 AM
    Had BlackBerry launched BB10 in 2010, I think things would have been different.

But launching in 2013 and trying to go against two established OS in Apple and Android, BlackBerry was just too late.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    Exactly. Had the 9900 and 9810 came out in 2009 with Blackberry App world then Z10 and Q10 with BB10 in 2010, everyone would be debating Blackberry vs iPhone, not Android vs iPhone.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-15-15 09:04 AM
    Lol those that don't adapt, fall behind. It is pretty sad how 70 percent of the country is overweight or obese, but that is why you can count macros and exercise. This generation will do fine. Maybe if Mike L learned to type on glass, the new "cursive" Blackberry would be in a better position....
    Lol and your response is as expected. Don't learn to read cursive and keep typing on glass. That way the people that want to change things can because they know you can't read the original text to dispute what they feed you. Ever see the movie Idiocracy? Pretty much where thus world is headed. Brawndo. It has electrolytes. My point is simply that people are too willing to just take the easy way. Whether it is saying they can't lose weight, because they are too lazy to do it, or because they just have to have an app for that because actually typing info in is just too much work. Doesn't matter what os you use the clamor is the same. If you aren't willing to do a little extra effort and go outside the box, then you will always be in that useful, unwashed ***** category to the ones that are steering you into it. They don't care because it makes them money.

Posted via CB10
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    09-15-15 09:09 AM
    For the record, I carry two phones. An iPhone 6 Plus and a Blackberry Passport.

The iPhone is great for apps. I use many apps daily and the vibrant ecosystem adds a tremendous amount of value to the device.

I love the Passport for the physical keyboard, the rapid push email, the hub and how comfortable it is to read email / web pages on the device. I've owned multiple iPhones and Android devices. None of them format email and web pages like my Passport does.

As long as the Blackberry Android devices retain this functionality, I'll glad pick up an Android Passport once my current one is on its last legs.
    09-15-15 09:09 AM
    Lol and your response is as expected. Don't learn to read cursive and keep typing on glass. That way the people that want to change things can because they know you can't read the original text to dispute what they feed you. Ever see the movie Idiocracy? Pretty much where thus world is headed. Brawndo. It has electrolytes. My point is simply that people are too willing to just take the easy way. Whether it is saying they can't lose weight, because they are too lazy to do it, or because they just have to have an app for that because actually typing info in is just too much work. Doesn't matter what os you use the clamor is the same. If you aren't willing to do a little extra effort and go outside the box, then you will always be in that useful, unwashed ***** category to the ones that are steering you into it. They don't care because it makes them money.

Posted via CB10
    Cursive is a pain. I can't read most people's cursive writing. I can imagine many many more have that issue.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-15-15 09:29 AM
    Cursive is a pain. I can't read most people's cursive writing. I can imagine many many more have that issue.
    Soon cursive will be a thing of the past. I remember in school being told how important it was to learn it. But you have to "please print" everywhere. And No one can read my handwriting, so I have to print everything that I sign.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    09-15-15 09:34 AM
    90% of you guys who use BlackBerry for "security" don't really know what security means
    enlighten them, then. 90% is pretty much everyone.
    09-15-15 09:38 AM
228 ... 34567 ...