I used to have a Priv, it worked very well but somebody has swapped it for a hand warmer that likes to show me its re-boot screen, it looks just like a Priv but it isnt really a phone any more and certainly isnt smart.

The sim card is on the desk next to the SD card and TAFKAP* just been treated to a factory reset in the hope of making it work.

The damned ornament has rebooted itself at least five times since I started this thread so hope is dwindling but I'm going to throw an OS image at it and see what happens.

Has anybody managed to recover a wobbly device with an OS Reload ?

My next question might well be about starting the RMA process in the UK but lets see what the next 15 minutes brings

*TAFKAP The Article formerly known as PRIV
    12-19-16 05:39 AM
    YES reloading the OS can fix many issues....

But then sometimes it's a hardware issue... who did you buy the phone from?
    12-19-16 08:05 AM
    Asbolutely no difference, its still a re-booting ornament in a fancy leather case.

Right, time to part company with it, either in a Jiffy bag or simply see how far I can throw it

It came direct from Blackberry.
    12-19-16 08:07 AM
    Asbolutely no difference, its still a re-booting ornament in a fancy leather case.

Right, time to part company with it, either in a Jiffy bag or simply see how far I can throw it

It came direct from Blackberry.
    If you still have a warranty, I would throw it into shipping packaging rather than just throwing it

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK)
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-19-16 09:00 AM
    Just spent 45 minutes on the phone and sent a bug report, the phone hasn't crashed since then.

Maybe I'll just use it in developer mode, it seems to be happier that way.

YaY, I have a replacement on its way, heres hoping DHL can get the right country this time.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-19-16 09:51 AM
    +1

I had a LG G3 go into a reboot loop after an update, tried factory resets but ultimately it had to be replaced. When I took it to Verizon and explained what had been happening and what I'd tried, the reply was simply "That's everything we would have tried, here's a new phone."

So yes OP, RMA that handset if it has RMA available.
    12-19-16 09:53 AM
    Well

I still have a hand warmer and no sign of the replacement Priv.

What I do have is an email saying my handset is being sent to the Phillipines although none of this makes any sense.
    As time goes on I have a growing belief that I dont need an Android smartphone of any sort and might buy any Q10 that hasnt been battered to bits instead.

Does anybody want to make me an offer for a boxed PRIV if/when it arrives ?
    12-26-16 05:02 PM
    Can everybody please note that not a single offer has been made for a box fresh Priv.

Where is my Sony/Ericcson, I feel the need to put something reliable in my pocket once more
    12-27-16 04:46 PM
    Well

I still have a hand warmer and no sign of the replacement Priv.

What I do have is an email saying my handset is being sent to the Phillipines although none of this makes any sense.
    As time goes on I have a growing belief that I dont need an Android smartphone of any sort and might buy any Q10 that hasnt been battered to bits instead.

Does anybody want to make me an offer for a boxed PRIV if/when it arrives ?
    Can everybody please note that not a single offer has been made for a box fresh Priv.

Where is my Sony/Ericcson, I feel the need to put something reliable in my pocket once more
    This isn't the Marketplace, you'll need to place an ad there for your PRIV(as long as requirements are met).
    andy957 likes this.
    12-27-16 05:35 PM