Ordered my Priv today. 2-6 Business Days. See how it stacks against my Passport. Had a BlackBerry device for 10 years now. Not a huge Android fan but have to try it out, it is a BlackBerry!

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    06-21-16 06:26 PM
    If you are like me it will be tough to deal with Android but the phone itself is fantastic. I still keep my Classic nearby but I'm typing faster on my PRIV now that I have practice but I'm already tired of looking for 'an app for that..'

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-21-16 08:28 PM
    Welcome to the club! There will be a huge learning curve on android but once you get it, it's not too bad. It's not as fluid as bb10 but it does the job. I recommend reading the forums so you'll at learn know what to expect.

Also not all problems that people have with their phone isn't for the mass. Since different apps behave differently on the OS.
    ksloth likes this.
    06-21-16 08:42 PM
    Yeah read the forums, too many people return their priv because of a gap between the slider or a squeaky back. There are corrective fixes for these kind of things. And try a tempered glass screen because I broke mine today! Lol (I already ordered a replacement)
    06-21-16 11:09 PM
    As did I. I have been on the fence for a while, but decided to take the plunge. The $299 price point for ATT unlocked, and MM beta made it a little easier. It is probably going to be a disappointment after using my Passport for over 18 months. Not much I can do as BlackBerry is doing very little to support BB10.

I have owned Android and Apple phones in the past, but a BlackBerry has always been my daily driver. We will see I guess. If the mail/messaging comes anywhere close to the BB10 experience I may keep it. If not it goes to the wife to replace her Leap.

Passport. It's not as big as you think it is.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-22-16 12:15 AM
    There is a learning curve. I also have been using some form of BlackBerry OS since 2006. As much as I dislike the transition to Android, I bought my Priv to support the company. It has grown on me, but I still like BB10--and the prior BBOS. I still use my Q10 in tandem. My husband still sports my 9700. He is becoming increasingly frustrated by the aging browser (but what does he expect after 7 years?).

I wish there were more features straight out of the box, but understand there must be some sort of compromise.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    06-22-16 12:20 AM
    It will be a good device to get you used to Android. Once you get comfortable with android, you'll start to realize how many superior android devices are out there compared to the priv.

BB really screwed themselves by abandoning their own OS and steering people towards android, when they released such a sub-standard android device. I think they're gonna announce the end of hardware very soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 12:53 AM
    It's a lovely device, you made the right choice.

The pkb , hub and launcher fits in nicely,

I like blackberry android honestly and I wouldn't use any other android device but blackberry.

Maybe I'm a fan boy but I prefer to stick to places close to home.
    06-22-16 01:20 AM
    Only thing better will be the app gap other then that BB10 is superior
    bigjman likes this.
    06-22-16 08:22 AM
    I have done the same switch! There is a learning curve for the Android OS , for me it took about 7 to 10 days . The Priv is very nice and will be not disappoint you ! The only handicap against the Passport is the battery life , to my experience it's about 25% less .
    06-22-16 01:37 PM
    My work provides phones to its employees and initially I chose to get the Priv - my first and only Blackberry I have ever owned.
    Aside from the well known issues it was a pretty damn speedy phone.
    Ultimately I decided to go with a different phone however, and chose the S7 Edge, and it is noticeably faster across the board. I think the extra gig of RAM and 820 CPU help out quite a lot.
    At the end of the day, either o e of these phones make an excellent business phone, I think it really boils down to what degree you require a pkb. I do miss the keyboard sometimes on the edge.
    One thing I did notice is that even though I'm not currently using the Priv, I have contracted an addiction to CrackBerry. It's just a fun community to come and read forums and articles. I do hope that at some point in the future I have a blackberry again and I actually kinda wish that I had gotten one earlier. There is most certainly 'something' intangible about them that makes me really want to own one!

j21jam6 and TheBirdDog like this.
    06-22-16 05:44 PM
    I have many BB10 devices and now own the Priv. It has grown on me and I really love the phone. I love having both VKB and PKB. I use the physical keyboard for long messages as well as Web browsing. The Hub is great since it has the snooze feature which I use a lot to mute work related messages. It is a gorgeous design and fast for me. I use Clean Master to clear up the cache. BlackBerry has done a great job with this device. The Classic still has my heart due to the iconic form factor. But I have not regretted getting the Priv.

Posted via my Priv
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-22-16 05:54 PM
    I ordered my BlackBerry Priv today as well. I hope the move to Android will be worth it. Excited but skeptical as well! BlackBerry 10 has been too inspiring, crisp, quick and truly sensational through its duration!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    anon(2026370) likes this.
    06-23-16 11:11 AM
    Just got mine yesterday.

Had my passport stolen and went ahead and decided to go with Priv.

It's fun messenging people with all these apps and the apps actually working

but i can see the huge drop off in productivity in how the emails, notifications, etc etc are handled. Navigating the phone hasn't been as intuitive as BB10. I can't believe BB10 couldn't gain any traction compared to "this".

I will keep the phone and I'm sure in a month or 2 i won't think twice
    06-23-16 11:30 AM
    I don't wanna settle for "not too bad"

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 11:42 AM
    Delivered yesterday. Not a huge learning curve. Still swiping up though, hehe. Well built. Like it so far, still using Passport though.

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    06-23-16 08:54 PM
    Enjoy it and don't compare it to bb10! I know it's easier said than done! But it can be done after time it took me a while now I find it hard to use bb10. The black Passport has my heart but the android os has grown on me.
    What I loved about and still is do to some extent about bb10 is that no matter which bb10 device I was using I was able to keep on going without missing a beat I have everything BlackBerry has to offer on any device I was using. Now on the priv I got accustomed to the Android os and when I go back to bb10 I see how far ahead BlackBerry is is but also how outdated they are.
    At the end of the day it just depends on the user!!!

06-25-16 12:08 AM
    Great to see all these messages.

However, to all those who have been using the Priv for a while now, would you like to give us some advice on how to start up? Just a few suggestions according to you guys on what to look out for in the beginning.

06-25-16 10:07 AM
    Great to see all these messages.

However, to all those who have been using the Priv for a while now, would you like to give us some advice on how to start up? Just a few suggestions according to you guys on what to look out for in the beginning.

I would agree with this comment. I am on day 5 with my Priv. It is definitely not BB10. I miss my Passport keyboard and battery life, but the Priv is a decent device. I lost my "muscle memory" for Android :-)

I could use some tips on apps and anything else the long time Priv users have learned. MMS and Text is a challenge. BB10 is so far ahead in this area.

07-01-16 12:37 AM
    I just got my PRIV yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. Been using my Z10 for awhile and every update it hasn't failed on me. Now I'm on andriod as a daily device but still have my BB10 device on the side. #BlackBerryforLife #ichooseblackberry

anon(2026370) likes this.
    07-01-16 12:52 AM
    I just got my PRIV yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. Been using my Z10 for awhile and every update it hasn't failed on me. Now I'm on andriod as a daily device but still have my BB10 device on the side. #BlackBerryforLife #ichooseblackberry

Since you just go it, make sure you check for the screen clicks, squeaky back and gps issues. Mine has latter two and I'm on a long term business trip in Korea and I can't use the GPS so I am calling Verizon Internatinoal Customer service and see if they can do something for me.
    07-01-16 02:40 AM
    Got my BlackBerry PRIV today, it will replace my old BlackBerry Passport SE now.

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP |
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-16 11:58 AM
    I am not sure if I will move (from my Passport) to a Priv or wait for the Mercury. Eligible for a new phone in December.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 03:45 PM