***deleted post***
    Last edited by jon9999; 05-13-18 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Too many useless responses
    05-13-18 11:13 AM
    Not sure if this will help but I had the same problem with my dtek50. I found that a transparent weather app that I had was causing the issue and once uninstalled the problem is now gone.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1141085

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-13-18 02:10 PM
    The question I have is why you would turn your phone off - let alone multiple times over four days?
    05-13-18 02:18 PM
    *** deleted post ***
    Last edited by jon9999; 05-13-18 at 09:53 PM.
    05-13-18 02:36 PM
    Huh? What do you mean by that?
    What is confusing about my question?
    05-13-18 02:40 PM
    Huh? What do you mean by that?
    Why are you constantly booting up your device according to your OP?
    05-13-18 02:41 PM
    *** deleted post ***
    05-13-18 02:44 PM
    I find your questions confusing because obviously I have to turn on my Priv every morning. Why wouldn't I turn it on every day?
    I've never turned off a phone at night in my life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-13-18 02:50 PM
    I find your questions confusing because obviously I have to turn on my Priv every morning. Why wouldn't I turn it on every day?

Also, I use my Priv a lot so there are plenty of other times when I have to restart it, like after it runs out of battery and I recharge it, or if a program gets stuck and I have to do a restart.
    For me and most others, that’s unusual. I, and most people I know, don’t have landlines. If there’s an emergency, people call my phone, my only phone. So my phone is always on. I only reboot my phone when necessary, approximately once every other week.
    05-13-18 02:50 PM
    *** deleted post ***
    05-13-18 02:57 PM
    But don't you get woken up at night by emails and SMS? And anyway, why would you want to waste your battery when you sleep?

But I guess to each his own. And if you live in a country where people don't have real telephones, then I guess it kind of makes sense.

Anyway, even for you this issue will be a problem at some point, because there will certainly come a time when you have to shut off or reboot your cell phone (program freeze, going on an airplane, system gets slow, battery runs out, etc.).

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Woken up? That's why you use priority mode or a profile app.

Do you not charge overnight?

Your question was answered already in post 2. You need to find the app that is causing the problem.
    05-13-18 03:01 PM
    *** deleted post ***
    05-13-18 03:07 PM
    Let's focus this on the issue, not on whether it's normal to turn off a cell phone at night or not to have a normal phone.

As I wrote in the original request, "I've tried uninstalling all newly installed programs. I've tried uninstalling all programs that have received updates in the past few days." That didn't work. If this is being cased by a particular program, I can't figure out which one it is. I have dozens of programs on my phone, and since it takes 20 minutes to reboot the phone, uninstalling the programs one by one and rebooting each time to see if the problem is solved could take hours or even days.

There must be a better way to fix this. Is there a way to look in a system log, for example, to see which app is optimizing?
    Finding the app is the only solution, but here is a trick:

/blackberry-priv-f440/every-restart-optimizing-one-app-1141085-post13183090/
    05-13-18 03:14 PM
    *** deleted post ***
    05-13-18 04:24 PM
    I wait till the phone is recharged to 100% then just before going to sleep, I unplug it then put it on airplane mode with battery saving mode on, and close any running app.

I wake up to it at 99%.

Better than leaving it overnight putting unnecessary load on the battery / charger etc...
    05-13-18 04:45 PM
    For the past three or four days, every time I boot up my PRIV, it gets stuck for around 15 or 20 minutes on a screen that says "Android is starting... Optimizing App 1 of 1."

This comes up after the carrier splash screen, the Blackberry logo, and the initial Android spinning circle-square-triangle thing. It's similar to the Optimizing App X of XXX that you get the first time you boot after a system update, except that this keeps happening every time, it takes much longer, and it's only for one app and not for hundreds.

None of the advice I've found on the internet works: I've tried uninstalling all newly installed programs. I've tried uninstalling all programs that have received updates in the past few days. I've tried booting into Safe Mode. I've tried erasing the cache via Settings > Storage. None of that works.

The only advice I haven't been able to follow is to erase the cache partition, because that function is apparently not accessible on the PRIV.

Does anyone have any other advice for how I can resolve this, or for how I can erase the cache partition to see if that would do it? My last resort will be a factory reset, but I'm concerned that once my programs are restored after a reset, the problem will persist and I will have wasted a lot of time in the process.

Thank you.

(Interestingly -- and infuriatingly -- the problem started exactly two weeks after I finished paying Verizon the 24th and final installment for purchasing my PRIV two years ago. Coincidence???)
    Try following conite's suggestion in post #13 for getting past the app optimizing issue.

For the reason you're turning off the device - completely unnecessary, just set a Do Not Disturb profile to silence your phone during sleep hours (or any time frame). Alternatively, turn on Airplane Mode.

Personally, I prefer set-it-and-forget-it options, but to each their own.
    05-13-18 08:28 PM
    *** deleted post ***
    Last edited by jon9999; 05-13-18 at 09:54 PM.
    05-13-18 08:34 PM
    PLEASE, PEOPLE, stop debating about what to do with the Priv at nighttime. That's not what this thread is about. If you want to debate the merits of keeping your cell phone on at night, start a different thread and don't hijack this one.

This thread is about the "Optimizing Apps" issue.
    Answered in post 13 by referring you to a lengthy thread describing multiple solutions to people having exact problems with multiple causes and solutions depending on several factors. Above poster with semi cryptic solution was giving another way to isolate and fix problem.

Nobody looking to hijack your thread regarding keeping your phone on. They were giving alternative ways to keep from turning off your phone and not disturbing your beauty sleep. Just like your comment to me. I live in the land of real telephones in the USA, it's just in 2018, nobody considers landlines real or necessary anymore. Good luck on isolating your problem apps based on what i read in the other thread.
    05-13-18 08:52 PM
    PLEASE, PEOPLE, stop debating about what to do with the Priv at nighttime. That's not what this thread is about. If you want to debate the merits of keeping your cell phone on at night, start a different thread and don't hijack this one.

What's the harm? Your question was answered already.
    05-13-18 09:03 PM

I'll handle the moderating, thanks. While it's completely your prerogative as to what happens with your device, we're attempting to inform you there's better alternatives to shutting down your Priv just to silence it for a few hours. Continue your user experience as you wish, and accept that your CB family will continue to drop nuggets of wisdom whether it's asked for or not.

That being said, have you tried the above suggestion? Factory resets aren't fun, I'm still tweaking my phone after doing one yesterday for a relatively minor issue.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-13-18 09:33 PM
    I live in the land of real telephones in the USA, it's just in 2018, nobody considers landlines real or necessary anymore.
    Hmmmmmm.... I do... 😜

Bob
    05-13-18 09:34 PM
    So I factory reset my PRIV and didn't install any other apps and still got 1 of 1 optimizing. Could it be a blackberry app causing this?
    05-15-18 04:25 PM
    Hmmmmmm.... I do... 😜

Bob
    Why do I have a visual image of you inside a NORAD bunker with that landline??
    05-15-18 06:27 PM
    So I factory reset my PRIV and didn't install any other apps and still got 1 of 1 optimizing. Could it be a blackberry app causing this?
    It's the Google Play Store....

Kidding JK
    05-15-18 06:28 PM
    It's the Google Play Store....

Kidding JK
    I think blackberry may be trying to kill PRIV just like bb10 so more users can purchase k2.
    05-15-18 06:45 PM
28 12