Just randomly checked the DTEK app and I saw this. I have never side-loaded an apk, or tried to mess with any developer options. It recommends a factory reset, just seeing if anyone else has had this happen and if anyone knows the cause.

11-06-16 07:52 AM
    If I remember correctly then it's due to facebook messenger. Did you uninstall facebook messenger once?
    11-06-16 07:53 AM
    Facebook Messenger has abnormally been draining my battery. It's one of my main communication apps. Is there any permissions I can restrict to be able to keep it as a basic messenger.
    11-06-16 08:06 AM
    Uninstalled, restarted, and it still says it. Do I just need to do a factory reset?
    11-06-16 08:25 AM
    Yep.

Facebook's apps (Messenger, specifically) has a habit of doing this. And yeah, that ought to disturb you -- and then you should uninstall it, unless of course you like having your OS compromised....
    Wezard likes this.
    11-06-16 08:32 AM
    Yep.

Facebook's apps (Messenger, specifically) has a habit of doing this. And yeah, that ought to disturb you -- and then you should uninstall it, unless of course you like having your OS compromised....
    Is it really compromising the OS or just some kind of False Positive that Dtek reports? I have never done FB so I don't know much about it!
    11-06-16 09:44 AM
    Just randomly checked the DTEK app and I saw this.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ce34e08dde.jpg
    Why did DTEK not notify you right away and only found out by randomly opening it. Did you turn off DTEK's notification capabilities?
    You don't even know how long this has been going on.

And if you have not messed with DTEK's settings, does it mean it is a lion without fangs or claws?
    11-06-16 09:49 AM
    No, I have not messed with any settings. I also have had Messenger installed for the full 11 months I have had the device, and I have looked at the DTEK app many times and this is the first I have seen. I just used the autoloader to reinstall OS, I am going to reinstall FB Messenger because it is one of my main forms of communications, but I am just going to restrict all access it has and see what happens.
    11-06-16 10:30 AM
    I have disabled all messenger permissions. Works but it has a major wake lock issue since the update, for me at least. It starts as soon as I open the app and is a huge battery drain.
    11-06-16 10:36 AM
    I have disabled all messenger permissions. Works but it has a major wake lock issue since the update, for me at least. It starts as soon as I open the app and is a huge battery drain.
    I noticed that too. Any alternatives? Can you acess messages through chrome mobile?
    11-06-16 10:52 AM
    Yes if you select "request desktop site."

At least until Facefart figures out how to detect that (it's not that hard) and blocks it.
    11-06-16 12:27 PM
    Why did DTEK not notify you right away and only found out by randomly opening it. Did you turn off DTEK's notification capabilities?
    You don't even know how long this has been going on.

And if you have not messed with DTEK's settings, does it mean it is a lion without fangs or claws?
    Exactly my toughts.
    It's seems that currently there's no way to detect what exactly happened and when. You're just ****ed, deal with it.
    11-06-16 12:33 PM
    Exactly my toughts.
    It's seems that currently there's no way to detect what exactly happened and when. You're just ****ed, deal with it.
    Well, I guess I am "dealing" with it. Factory reset and everything is smooth.

In order to try and figure it out I went ahead and redownloaded both Facebook apps, denied all permissions, and set it to notify me if they ever request using anything.....for science of course.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-16 02:58 PM

In order to try and figure it out I went ahead and redownloaded both Facebook apps, denied all permissions, and set it to notify me if they ever request using anything.....for science of course.
    Thank you, Dr Frankenstein!
    11-06-16 03:25 PM

You aren't using Asus File Manager by chance are you? I recently got the same DTEK error, leading me to a factory reset, and the only thing I can trace it back to was enabling the Hidden Cabinet within AFM. I reloaded all my prior applications, including Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Asus File Manager and all is working well...but I don't have the time to try re-enabling the Hidden Cabinet to see if that's what actually caused the issue on my phone.
    11-06-16 04:52 PM
    You aren't using Asus File Manager by chance are you? I recently got the same DTEK error, leading me to a factory reset, and the only thing I can trace it back to was enabling the Hidden Cabinet within AFM. I reloaded all my prior applications, including Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Asus File Manager and all is working well...but I don't have the time to try re-enabling the Hidden Cabinet to see if that's what actually caused the issue on my phone.
    So strange, I actually do use that File Manager. I didn't knowingly use that feature, but I wouldn't put it past me accidentally doing it as I was looking for files.
    11-06-16 07:16 PM
    I had this problem a couple months ago as well.
    I have never installed Messenger on my PRIV. I too however have ASUS File manager...

This is kind of intriguing now. I wonder if that could be cause for it. I am tempted to play around with it and see.
    11-06-16 10:29 PM
    I have had FB messenger but found it to eat resources & slow my thing so I took it off in favor of FB messenger LITE which is minimalist... that said, my DTEK is clean...
    11-06-16 11:28 PM
    Funny I had the same thing with messenger just eating away at my battery. I uninstalled both facebook and messenger, OS is still secure.

Guess I lucked out?
    11-06-16 11:50 PM
    I use FB LITE & FB Messenger LITE with clean DTEK & no trouble...
    11-06-16 11:59 PM
    Anyone have have time to try enabling the Hidden Cabinet function of Asus File Manager to see if that's what sets off DTEK to flag the Operating System Integrity failure? (With the understanding that you may very well end up doing a factory restore to correct) .

If this is the case, and the setting is so easy to inadvertently click, I think we'd want to have a sticky added to warn others.
    11-07-16 08:15 AM
    Anyone have have time to try enabling the Hidden Cabinet function of Asus File Manager to see if that's what sets off DTEK to flag the Operating System Integrity failure? (With the understanding that you may very well end up doing a factory restore to correct) .

If this is the case, and the setting is so easy to inadvertently click, I think we'd want to have a sticky added to warn others.
    I much less into Risk Taking than in years and phones past. But where is that Hidden Cabinet Setting? I don't see it in Settings?
    11-07-16 09:29 AM
    I much less into Risk Taking than in years and phones past. But where is that Hidden Cabinet Setting? I don't see it in Settings?
    At the bottom right of the Asus File Manager screen, just under Recycle Bin.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 09:44 AM

I tried it right after my previous post and it doesn't seem to be a problem now. My OS is still good.
    11-07-16 09:47 AM
    At the bottom right of the Asus File Manager screen, just under Recycle Bin.
    Did not even realize that the screen scrolled to additional "settings/options" down there. I was using the two top menus to look for it!

Thanks. (not that I will give it a try at the moment!) Still waiting for Verizon to hit me up with MM!
    rbtg likes this.
    11-07-16 10:22 AM