Hi... I installed Opera Mini after trying different other browsers for my Priv.. found it fast and acceptable UI.. but it doesn't open a site like "Amazon.com"... any clues to why????
    Also, the battery meter doesn't show up in most cases when phone is charging.. any ideas???

Posted via BB LEAP
    02-25-18 01:15 AM
    Just get the regular Opera from Play store. The Mini trys all kinds of tricks to save data, so lots of stuff works iffy. I guess if you can't open a site, its saving you data.

Are you referring to the green stripe along the side? It times out really fast in a dark area, and will time out (slower) always. There is a setting under 'display' to enable / disable it.
    gallouly likes this.
    02-25-18 06:03 AM
    Hi... I installed Opera Mini after trying different other browsers for my Priv.. found it fast and acceptable UI.. but it doesn't open a site like "Amazon.com"... any clues to why????
    Also, the battery meter doesn't show up in most cases when phone is charging.. any ideas???

Posted via BB LEAP
    I have Opera Mini and it opens amazon.com just fine. I think you have another problem.
    02-25-18 02:12 PM
    In fairness, it's been well over a year since I used mini. Quite possibly fixed and doing fine now.
    When I did try it, many sites would not open, others would but navigation was iffy, while others seemed fine. Reviews at the time said pretty much the same thing.
    I should have indicated my experience was old.
    But - I still recommend OP try the regular, if only to see if it works.
    gallouly likes this.
    02-25-18 05:49 PM
    In fairness, it's been well over a year since I used mini. Quite possibly fixed and doing fine now.
    When I did try it, many sites would not open, others would but navigation was iffy, while others seemed fine. Reviews at the time said pretty much the same thing.
    I should have indicated my experience was old.
    But - I still recommend OP try the regular, if only to see if it works.
    Thanks... does the regular Opera browser has "reader" mode?? Cause it's not there with the mini???
    Amazon.com is the only site till now that doesn't open with me..

Posted via BB LEAP
    02-26-18 09:44 AM
    hanks... does the regular Opera browser has "reader" mode?
    Yes, though I haven't figured out to turn it on and off. When an article is displayed it seems to come on by it's self, and go away when you go to a regular web page.
    Give it a try, if you don't like it, move on. Thats whats good about Android.
    Many people, myself included, like Opera, but some don't. Never know till you try.
    gallouly likes this.
    02-26-18 05:31 PM