Nougat will be delivered by a leprechaun riding a unicorn sliding down a rainbow promising next time he'll deliver a BB10 device via a fairy on a Pegasus.
    LMFAO!!

Well I've already complained all over the forums as to my PRIV slowdowns and heat ups to the point of unbearable or just right down unusable. All that has been mentioned I have been experiencing since the Marchmalloow (6.0) update in mid 2016. I've had my PRIV since Nov of 2015, the release date. Have had three replacements through T-Mo, one of the refurbished replacement's screen died 3 days after receiving. I've not had any issues with some of the physical slider issues people have complained of, but the OS performance is HORRID! Heaven forbid when I try sharing between apps, and I think I can draw the mapping faster by hand than my GPS maps functionality. I entertain myself by reporting the 5-10 times a day that my BlackBerry Launcher crashes. I'm only still using it bc I'm awaiting the KeyOne Black Ed. If I wasn't such a BlackBerry fan, I'd have traded up to a Moto, which is literally the fastest and simplest to use phone and Android Flavor on the market. I've already played with the current KeyOne and it seems better in every aspect. Looking forward to it!

And as for Nougat.... No Leprechauns at T-Mo, as they don't even have anymore PRIV replacements... just tried bc of a couple of dead pixels on my PRIV and they tried to send me an LG G5!
    08-16-17 10:53 PM
    LMFAO!!

Well I've already complained all over the forums as to my PRIV slowdowns and heat ups to the point of unbearable or just right down unusable. All that has been mentioned I have been experiencing since the Marchmalloow (6.0) update in mid 2016. I've had my PRIV since Nov of 2015, the release date. Have had three replacements through T-Mo, one of the refurbished replacement's screen died 3 days after receiving. I've not had any issues with some of the physical slider issues people have complained of, but the OS performance is HORRID! Heaven forbid when I try sharing between apps, and I think I can draw the mapping faster by hand than my GPS maps functionality. I entertain myself by reporting the 5-10 times a day that my BlackBerry Launcher crashes. I'm only still using it bc I'm awaiting the KeyOne Black Ed. If I wasn't such a BlackBerry fan, I'd have traded up to a Moto, which is literally the fastest and simplest to use phone and Android Flavor on the market. I've already played with the current KeyOne and it seems better in every aspect. Looking forward to it!

And as for Nougat.... No Leprechauns at T-Mo, as they don't even have anymore PRIV replacements... just tried bc of a couple of dead pixels on my PRIV and they tried to send me an LG G5!
    Relax Reality check coming soon see @newcollector

Ps my PRIV and 10 others at office working great under 6.0 and now have the KEYone...awesome devices!
    willyq711 likes this.
    08-17-17 03:16 AM
    Android is great.. you just need to buy it from Google or Samsung. It runs just as smooth as BB10 on my S7.
    The issue is not that the phone doesn't run smoothly. The issue is that I dislike the Android app model. How would buying a Samsung or Google phone help with that?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-17-17 09:47 AM
    The issue is not that the phone doesn't run smoothly. The issue is that I dislike the Android app model. How would buying a Samsung or Google phone help with that?

Well you can always jump to the even worse Apple model. At the end of the day BB10 is dying off. It took a while for me to accept but now that I have Android is all good.
    08-17-17 09:52 AM
    Well you can always jump to the even worse Apple model. At the end of the day BB10 is dying off. It took a while for me to accept but now that I have Android is all good.
    Apple is definitely worse, and BB10, in terms of 3rd party apps, was barely ever alive. The browser, which was top notch, is now slowly dying. I agree with you on the facts.

My conclusion, for my use case, is slightly different, however. BB10 is still gloriously good for the tasks that drive my professional work. The 3-4 times per week that I absolutely need an Android app, I use the Priv. That's why, for me, right now, it's better to double carry than switch to Android.

Believe me, at the point when Android can genuinely do what I need as well as BB10, I'll be more than ready to switch. But I don't find the core tasks of Exchange-based Phone, Calendar, Tasks, Notes and Email to work as smoothly or efficiently on Android.

Those functions are the reasons I carry a smart phone.

If I was a road warrior again instead of a home-public transit-office worker, I would certainly make the jump now. Trying to make dozens of airline, hotel and other travel apps run properly on BB10 is not worth the effort in my experience. Time is everything when making decisions during a 4-day, 6-city trip, and even one problematic app can screw up a critical travel decision or meeting setup.

08-17-17 10:09 AM
    I have had the Priv since launch, and still love it. I always get a full day of battery life.
    Not slow for me, but I don't have any social media apps on it ,and it's still the best looking BlackBerry phone in my opinion.
    I think most issues are app related.
    08-17-17 10:48 AM
    If priv doesn't receive nougat, just use bb10 devices! Passport is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-17 11:21 AM
    One of the main reasons I'm now seriously considering the Priv instead of the Classic as a backup to my KEYone is because of this. Since WhatsApp won't work as of this coming new years, then BB10 is basically obsolete, as no whatsapp is a dealbreaker since it's arguably the most common/popular communication app. This would leave the functionality of BB10 devices strictly to phone, sms and e-mail which is...not enough in 2018.
    08-17-17 11:29 AM
    I'm sorry, but I haven't experienced any of these problems. I'm perfectly happy with my Priv with the exception of a green line running from top to bottom that is removed by massaging the top of the frame where the insignia is located.

Brian
    08-17-17 12:01 PM
    I have had the Priv since launch, and still love it. I always get a full day of battery life.
    Not slow for me, but I don't have any social media apps on it ,and it's still the best looking BlackBerry phone in my opinion.
    I think most issues are app related.
    Battery life was always decent unless you got a heat problem and then it often drained badly.

It's all likely app related yes - but I use apps and a lot of them so I had to sell it and move on.
    08-17-17 01:49 PM
    Battery life was always decent unless you got a heat problem and then it often drained badly.

It's all likely app related yes - but I use apps and a lot of them so I had to sell it and move on.
    As BlackBery's first attempt at securing Android, the Priv was pretty good. But there is a great opportunity for improvement in battery optimization and app optimization. I am confident that the KEYone is probably much smoother. However, the one issue that has been a strength of BlackBerry also limits it: it's gearing toward Enterprise and business. They just aren't geared to consumers.

What will be interesting will be if BBMo sticks to the business mantra or tries to become more consumer oriented.
    08-17-17 02:11 PM
    I'm sorry, but I haven't experienced any of these problems. I'm perfectly happy with my Priv with the exception of a green line running from top to bottom that is removed by massaging the top of the frame where the insignia is located.

Brian
    A lot of things can be cured with a little massaging.
    08-17-17 03:38 PM
    I thought the Priv has a 2K resolution? And yes, lowering it to full HD 1080 really helps. I also turn off the animation in developer mode and now the phone is flying. Battery life is great, no overheating, no lagging, I keep Facebook and Messenger as I fed up with the interface of Friendly.
    So you never got the side-effects of enlarged/shrunken icons or being unable to crop pictures in Whatsapp or BBM or any other app? I heard it comes with those kind of side-effects.
    08-18-17 01:16 AM
    So you never got the side-effects of enlarged/shrunken icons or being unable to crop pictures in Whatsapp or BBM or any other app? I heard it comes with those kind of side-effects.
    There is sure problem with Viber as the avatar of my contacts got all messed up. Viewing photos is not possible since the top left corner get magnified and that's all I can see. And of course you get the boot screen messed up.

I don't use BBM or Whatsapp so don't really know what'd happen with those 2.
    08-18-17 02:19 AM
    There is sure problem with Viber as the avatar of my contacts got all messed up. Viewing photos is not possible since the top left corner get magnified and that's all I can see. And of course you get the boot screen messed up.

I don't use BBM or Whatsapp so don't really know what'd happen with those 2.
    I see. And is such a disability worth it to you?
    08-18-17 02:39 AM
    Hi I'm just hear cause yeah, I'm on my 3rd Priv in 12 months or so. This one started overheating while I was on a simple phone call. Slow. Just terrible and I did everything I could to just fix the issue. Reset, restore, cache clearing. Blackberry told me today (after having me switch to developer mode ) that I have a hardware issue.

So I would technically have to buy out of my phone or pay $140 to get a 4th Priv.

Have been a BlackBerry user for 12 years now. Did Android and immediately switched back etc. But this is just insane.
    It dropped me on a conference call I was leading because it overheated within 2 min of the call. Support confirms no other apps running.

1st BlackBerry had the charging port just stop working 3 months in (no drops/no issues), end developed a huge red dot on the screen after 3 days of use.

I have spent so much time defending this brand.

Not sure what to do at this point.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-18-17 05:23 PM
    I see. And is such a disability worth it to you?
    All Viber images are downloaded automatically to a 'Viber' folder. I can view these photos outside of the app so I think I can live with that. As long as the phone runs smoother, which to me is more important.
    08-19-17 05:04 AM
    All Viber images are downloaded automatically to a 'Viber' folder. I can view these photos outside of the app so I think I can live with that. As long as the phone runs smoother, which to me is more important.
    Alright, it's a fair viewpoint. Instead of going through the lengthy process I decided to download a "resolution changer" app and see how that works first.
    08-20-17 05:15 AM
    LMFAO!!

I actually needed a phone rather quickly and went with the G5 and it is a nice little phone. Typical Android with manufacturer bloatware but overall a smooth running phone. Quick charge, nice screen, decent battery and fairly fast.
    08-20-17 07:24 AM
    I'm sure the G5 is a descent phone, LG produces good mid range phones. However, IMO, Apples to Oranges when comparing to BlackBerry phones.
    08-20-17 11:09 AM
    I'm sure the G5 is a descent phone, LG produces good mid range phones. However, IMO, Apples to Oranges when comparing to BlackBerry phones.
    No argument there, apples to oranges. I just locked onto the G5 portion of your post. After thinking on it for a bit I'd think you'd be offended that if T-Mobile was going to try and lure you to a different phone they would have at least offered up the G6... I understand your point of wanting a PKB phone though. Myself I'll wait until the next generation keyone comes out and see if the specs match a little closer to the price.
    08-20-17 11:33 AM
    had mine over a year now and so far so good really... yes the heating happens sometimes but everything works properly
    08-20-17 05:05 PM
    I have spent so much time defending this brand.

Not sure what to do at this point.
    Ya.. I don't defend or recommend blackberry to anyone anymore.

I do hope to see an amazing top end blackberry phone someday but I doubt it will happen.
    08-20-17 07:31 PM
    I think if the Black Ed KeyOne comes to TCL with the same specs as the one released in India, it will be a very good phone for me for at least another year or two. Thanks to the PRIV, if I have no choice than to forego a PKB in the future, I'm somewhat ready (just won't like or be happy about it whatsoever). If BlackBerry does continue it's climb to anything better than it's current status, they can Market their devices to the Executive Elite, Gov't and fans, but it I don't foresee BlackBerry rising above Apple or Samsung again. However, it's already been concretely forecasted that the days of mobile smartphones are also numbered to be replaced by wearable or implanted devices in the future. We'll see how all this unfolds....
    08-20-17 09:38 PM
    A great app that halped me alot with my priv, is Greenify. It force closing all the app that takes alot of power, (even after you clean the recent apps they still run in the background cusing heating and slowing down) after it force closes them it keep them close(hybernating) not like all the cleaner apps that dont do **** but a nice animations.
    Yes, it still a very not for everyone phone that i without any doubt will not recomend to anyone that not a blackberry fan, but this small things help me to live with this phone without to break it on the wall.... It has so much potential, it was my dream phone, but what can i do im realy like blackberry.
    08-21-17 05:24 PM
52 123