I chose option 3 BlackBerry os 3.

But with proper Google Play Store and improved android palyer

I would remove amazon app store but I understand this would be a problem for those who have spent money there

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    Why this isn't possible has been explained ad nauseam.
    jmr1015 and ayngling like this.
    09-02-15 02:22 PM
    It should just boot to an option screen.

1) Setup stock experience
    2) Setup BlackBerry experience

Give the option and everyone will be happy. It's not like stock takes extra effort.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:41 PM
    It should just boot to an option screen.. It's not like stock takes extra effort.

Posted via CB10
    It actually requires a lot of effort and a boat-load of cash. The OS has to be customised for the hardware, and Qualcomm has to build a whole new set of chipset drivers for the new processor.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    jmr1015 likes this.
    09-02-15 02:52 PM
    I want BB10! That's all
    09-02-15 03:09 PM
    we know it's capable of doing incredible things,but,when will they actually get what they are making us crazy over,you see ,with all the talk, when it actually comes out it might sell more because of the possibilities, but maybe they won't do what we all expect.What's holding them back from announcing the next best thing? :-)
    09-02-15 05:11 PM
    we know it's capable of doing incredible things,but,when will they actually get what they are making us crazy over,you see ,with all the talk, when it actually comes out it might sell more because of the possibilities, but maybe they won't do what we all expect.What's holding them back from announcing the next best thing? :-)
    It's slated for a November launch and it's now the start of September. Google the Osborne effect.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 06:38 PM

Posted using my sick Z30
    09-02-15 07:16 PM
    I expect Blackberry to release 2 versions - pure BB 10 and pure Android. I will go for BB 10.
    Lets hope for the best!

Sent from qualified q5
    09-02-15 09:43 PM
    It's slated for a November launch and it's now the start of September. Google the Osborne effect.

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember Steve Jobs coming out and holding up a phone and saying.... look whats coming in nine months. But BlackBerry has always done that... I remember they PlayBook and the long tease on it.

But it's clear that we'll have Android and some apps. Just haven't seen a "skin" shown yet.
    09-03-15 03:59 PM
    Well lots of hype for new BlackBerry slider here, I have a question for you folks, according to me there are 3 possible ways of wrapping BlackBerry slider os,
    1.Pure android with no bb10 features.
    2.Android with bb10 skin and features.
    3.Blackberry 10
    Which one would you prefer, and why???????
    If you ask me, its a no for android, and not even android with bb10 skin!
    What would you choose??????

Sent from qualified q5
    Best option would be BlackBerry 10 with a full-featured Android runtime, Google Play Services and all.
    09-03-15 04:13 PM
    Support and maintenance releases only from now on, I would think.
    Everyone else left BB10 behind PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    That pretty much sums it up for BB10. We have been playbooked yet again with saving grace of maintenance updates. On the bright side BB10 will continue to get tweaked to more awesomeness *sigh*
    I will cheerfully plod on and wing it to the ground nevertheless. We have about 3-4 years more perhaps???
    09-03-15 04:54 PM
    I don't remember Steve Jobs coming out and holding up a phone and saying.... look whats coming in nine months. But BlackBerry has always done that... I remember they PlayBook and the long tease on it.

But it's clear that we'll have Android and some apps. Just haven't seen a "skin" shown yet.
    I agree that he didn't, as doing so is foolish. A company like Apple, which has the cachet it does, deserved or not, can get away with a more distant reveal. On the other hand, look at Google: the Nexus 5X and 6X are slated to be debuted on the 29th and be available for purchase on the same day.
    09-03-15 07:24 PM
    Why this isn't possible has been explained ad nauseam.
    Yes. It is not possible under current licenses. But licenses can change a corporations can make mutually beneficial agreements

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    09-04-15 07:11 AM
    Yes. It is not possible under current licenses. But licenses can change a corporations can make mutually beneficial agreements

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    What possible benefit does Google derive from allowing a competing OS access to its ecosystem, at the risk of annoying all of those other handset OEMs in the OHA that were told they had to follow the requirements to access to the GPS?
    09-04-15 07:41 AM
    A Qt 5.5-based BlackBerry 10 (10.4 or 11?) with Android Lollypop running inside a QNX Hypervisor container would be what sells the most. I'm no software engineer, but I think the above solution is feasible.

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    09-04-15 07:03 PM
    I don't mind the outcome, but bb1 is preferred. Bb10 has a feature android and ios lack which is playing youtube in the background
    09-04-15 08:48 PM
    I don't mind the outcome, but bb1 is preferred. Bb10 has a feature android and ios lack which is playing youtube in the background
    Dude there are apps on android to play youtube in the background, and samsungs have had the feature built in for like 3+ years, but ios I doubt has anything like it. That OS is made for children and the tech illiterate.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 09:18 PM
    I would choose option a), i.e. pure Android, because of app availability.

I don't choose b) (Android with BlackBerry skin) since under Android it's easy to tailor a skin to my taste (cf. attached figure).

Which one will be successful?-screenshot_2014-08-10-20-43-12.jpeg

Note: my answer is purely hypothetical for a purely hypothetical situation. Sliders are not my taste. And BlackBerry phones without QNX microkernel are not for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 02:11 AM
    Support and maintenance releases only from now on, I would think.

Everyone else left BB10 behind

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Chairman Chen left BB10 behind the minute he took over. All he has added is tool belt and capacitive PKB support to Bb10 in his tenure and released a horrible device portfolio that went with those technologies. He also told developers to F off and develop for Android and submit apps to that joke called the Amazon app store. So they gave a new OS 9 months from launch to be successful, and pretty much bailed after that. Hard for a market to risk something on a new OS when the company behind it doesn't even give it support.

Posted via Z30
    09-05-15 10:55 AM
    2, no doubt. If it included Blackberry Hub and email function.
    09-08-15 05:55 AM
    Based on what? With the exception of the first reveal, there hasn't been a single leak, either render or wild use, where BB10 has been seen in relation to stock BB10. It's coming with Android with BB10 experience. The only question is the manner in whcih it's secured (hypervisor, QNX kernel, etc).
    I am wondering if Crackberry or someone in the forum with good technical knowledge can give us fans an understanding of the benefits /cons of doing Android via QNX / Hypervisor / etc?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 06:32 AM
    Best option would be BlackBerry 10 with a full-featured Android runtime, Google Play Services and all.
    Not gonna happen!

Sent from qualified q5
    09-08-15 01:20 PM
    Android with BlackBerry skin and features would be great.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:50 PM
48 12