I'm now on day 3 with my Priv and for the most part I'm loving it. I've been having some battery drain/heat issues but I'm hoping those can be resolved in time. Having moved over from a z10 there a couple of BB10 OS features I'm missing (Blend being the biggest one) but one non-OS feature I also really missed was Docs to Go.

I have since downloaded the free version of Docs to Go but I find it rather annoying as it's inundated with ads. I may be mistaken but I thought BlackBerry purchased the company that made Docs to Go sometime in 2013. I think an easy way for Blackberry to add even more value to the Priv would be to include the premium version of Docs to Go for free on its Android handsets. Ya, it's a small gesture but I think it would be one more thing that would help the Priv stand out amongst Android phones as well as reinforcing the fact that BlackBerry stands for productivity.
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-16-15 12:53 PM
    I'm now on day 3 with my Priv and for the most part I'm loving it. I've been having some battery drain/heat issues but I'm hoping those can be resolved in time. Having moved over from a z10 there a couple of BB10 OS features I'm missing (Blend being the biggest one) but one non-OS feature I also really missed was Docs to Go.

I have since downloaded the free version of Docs to Go but I find it rather annoying as it's inundated with ads. I may be mistaken but I thought BlackBerry purchased the company that made Docs to Go sometime in 2013. I think an easy way for Blackberry to add even more value to the Priv would be to include the premium version of Docs to Go for free on its Android handsets. Ya, it's a small gesture but I think it would be one more thing that would help the Priv stand out amongst Android phones as well as reinforcing the fact that BlackBerry stands for productivity.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    11-16-15 12:58 PM
    How popular is Docs to Go among Android users in general? If it isn't that popular then it would be considered to be crapware.
    11-16-15 01:03 PM
    How popular is Docs to Go among Android users in general? If it isn't that popular then it would be considered to be crapware.
    Especially with Office Mobile and MS Office available.
    11-16-15 01:08 PM
    The Priv ships with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. In addition to that, Microsoft has provided versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint on the PlayStore, which allow you to edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint without restrictions.

There really is no reason for BlackBerry to work on Docs to Go for Android.
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-16-15 01:19 PM