11-04-15 07:57 PM
56 123
tools
    Will have to find a file manager but the whole point of BlackBerry Experience Suite and Hub is not to have separate apps for email. Outlook email works perfectly and integrated to BlackBerry Calendar within the Hub. Mush better than the separate Outlook email app.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    I understand that. My point was that not everything that was part of the OS in BB10 needs to be the same on Android. A lot of stuff on BB10 is out of th box available maybe not by design, but by need due to BB10 lack of 3rd party offerings.
    11-04-15 09:09 AM
    Does EFS File Explorer grant remote access to your computer files as well? This being the real question; NOT just having a file manager...
    Couldn't agree more I use RFA daily.

Posted via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    11-04-15 03:08 PM
    OP, like most of the happy BB10 users, the best option for us is probably to wait for a year or two, until BlackBerry builds up a small ecosystem within Android domain to offer a more complete set of security/productivity apps... if it happens.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Hopefully it doesn't take them that long. I can't see them not bringing Blend to Android eventually and it would make a lot of sense to have remote file access built into Blend to work as it does with our current file manager. Afterall, I'm pretty sure the motto for Blend is something like "It's just there."

So... Where is it BlackBerry?
    11-04-15 06:33 PM
    I have a HTC M9 as my second phone.. it has a file manager.. works well this said it's something HTC has added in a folder marked Productivity

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:09 PM
    OK I don't disagree with that - and the connection to "Then why isn't the photon browser multitasking on BB10?" is?? because I still don't get it.
    Sure. It's not that direct. Here's the long story.

The photon browser is an android app and it does not multitask on BB10 where most if not all bb10 apps, like flash in the native browser, multitask.

I can watch TV in the native browser in BlackBerry 10 while typing in the crackberry app.

I cannot do that if I watch TV in the photon browser as BlackBerry advised me to do when they discontinued flash.

Sure, you could argue that the photon browser multitasks on android, but I haven't seen it do that!

Other people here also seem to be of the opinion that android does not truly multitask as QNX and BB10 do.

Multitasking is new to android, only introduced last year, and apparently not truly multitasking.
    11-04-15 07:26 PM
    I must explore the Droid file explorers, because the BlackBerry FE is painfully primitive compared to my old Bada powered Samsung Wave.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:57 PM
56 123