I turned on the option for keeping the screen on when charging, from the developer's tools on my priv, so that the screen stays on when I am driving.

I am worried about the screen burn in that could happen with the smiled screens, since I do charge my phone overnight, thus having the screen on through the night. Would the screen burn be an issue with my priv?
    02-17-17 04:24 PM
    I wouldn't endorse doing this.
    02-17-17 06:22 PM
    I don't think it's a good idea.

You can always manually turn off the screen using the power button even if it's set to not turn of automatically while charging.

Aren't you using a specific App (Android Auto?) While driving? Does it not automatically keep the screen on?
    Wezard likes this.
    02-17-17 06:36 PM
    If in a well lit scenario you can see that line around the edge as it charges. If no light than ur on ur own cause had to talk with BlackBerry when I first got the phone to understand that
    02-18-17 03:34 AM
    OLED's are subject to screen burn, that's why the green charge bar will time out even in high lighting.
    Not sure why you want the screen on while driving, if you are using it as a GPS, the app should keep screen on. I can't think of any other use that's not illegal in most states.
    I've never heard of Android Auto, but its worth checking out, if you have a specific, legal, non distracting reason for it to be on.
    02-18-17 07:39 AM
    OLED's are subject to screen burn, that's why the green charge bar will time out even in high lighting.
    Not sure why you want the screen on while driving, if you are using it as a GPS, the app should keep screen on. I can't think of any other use that's not illegal in most states.
    I've never heard of Android Auto, but its worth checking out, if you have a specific, legal, non distracting reason for it to be on.
    I've used Android Auto. Best thing about it is it has very large fonts so you can see the screen very well when the phone is in a dash mount. OK Google works very well with it also, if you use it. You can also play music and navigate right through the app. But unless you are navigating, the screen stays on, in one place, unless you exit the app or hit the power button.
    02-18-17 08:34 AM
    I've used Android Auto.
    Don't need it myself, I use a dedicated GPS, with traffic, that stays in van and I don't have to fiddle with anything. I use a good bluetooth, so I know who is calling and can choose to answer or ignore, and can make calls by voice. Phone never has to leave my belt. Bluetooth even tells me who is texting me, I could have it read the texts to me, but I don't.
    Dedicated GPS is prob one reason I can get 2 days out of a charge.
    02-18-17 09:18 AM