I would like to know once and for all the answer to what should be a simple question and for those of you who know me I am even writing in my proper voice!

Ok so here is the question:

"WILL THE SAMSUNG S3 FRONTIER CONNECT TO THE BLACKBERRY PRIV"

Some posts on here say "YES" and some posts say "NO"!
    Some reviews on the web say "YES" and some reviews say "NO"!

I have the gear S which has remained useless since I moved back to Blackberry from my Samsung S5. No problem there because the verdict is unanimous that the S requires a Samsung handset to connect to. I also have a Gear S2 Neo and a Gear S2 Classic both of which are supposed to connect to non Samsung handsets but contrary to popular beliefs neither of them will connect to my Priv!

My Privy is running Android 6.0.1 which is above the required spec to connect and even though the S, S2 Neo and the S2 Classic will connect through B/T immediately with no problems the Gear Manager App cannot even find them when searching for connectable devices.

I am at the moment sat looking at an unopened box containing a brand new Samsung S3 Frontier and I would dearly love to avoid throwing another complete wobbler and launching myself off the top of a tall building in desperation.

"WILL THE SAMSUNG S3 CONNECT TO MY PRIV OR DO I RETURN IT UNOPENED AND LOOK FOR A TALL BUILDING"? (Bear in mind I am in the UK where tall buildings are at a premium and not easy to come by?)

PLEASE ONLY REPLY WITH SANE DEFINITIVE RESPONSES! ( I will cry otherwise ) Sea eh? ( sorry couldn't resist that)
    12-18-16 12:32 PM
    Mutter mutter..............?
    12-18-16 12:38 PM
    Mutter mutter..............?
    Well, some things never change*!

Try this thread, Saddie:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12704102

* although some things do. You might have known my as F2 from our joyous Playbook days and some other threads but I had to change for reasons beyond my control a few weeks ago.

See that thread, got me interested although I do not normally wear a watch. But do take them on hiking vacations where checking elevation was kind of fun. But their brief battery life compared with 2032 coin cells leaves me, well, empty!
    12-18-16 12:47 PM
    I would be happy to test it out for you. Just ship it to me (address available via PM) and I'll check every function you are wondering about. I won't even charge you anything for the favor except for keeping the "test sample". Though I would prefer the Classic, but I'll live with the Frontier if there's no other choice.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    12-18-16 01:05 PM
    Maybe you'd have better luck if you actually put the question in the title?
    12-18-16 01:14 PM
    I would be happy to test it out for you. Just ship it to me (address available via PM) and I'll check every function you are wondering about. I won't even charge you anything for the favor except for keeping the "test sample". Though I would prefer the Classic, but I'll live with the Frontier if there's no other choice.
    Okay, what is the difference between the Classic and Frontier? Same functions but different looks?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-18-16 01:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure it does, I have the Frontier connected to my DTEK60 works perfectly.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-18-16 01:50 PM
    Okay, what is the difference between the Classic and Frontier? Same functions but different looks?
    Pretty much, but the Frontier has two versions, with and without LTE connectivity, while the Classic doesn't have LTE.
    12-18-16 02:08 PM
    I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-18-16 02:57 PM
    I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can head to that bullet shaped building if you can find it without a watch gps! What is that bullet shaped building?
    12-18-16 03:19 PM
    If there is a moderator online at the moment could you please delete this post as the technical knowledge base of this site and educated responses to a genuine request for help wouldn't be enough to fill an empty smarty tube?
    12-18-16 03:31 PM
    12-18-16 04:50 PM
    Ok I have provided my own definitive answer! (As usual)

ALL TIMES ARE BST AND TODAYS DATE IS MONDAY 19th DECEMBER 2016

1. 4.07pm new Samsung S3 delivered from Samsung UK.
    2. 4.15pm item unboxed.
    3. 4.20pm Item placed on charge.
    4. 5.04pm Item at 100% charge.
    5. 5.09pm Samsung Gear Manager downloaded from App Store and installed on Blackberry Priv.
    6. 5.11pm Start setup of Samsung S3.
    7. 5.16pm Hit "connect to phone" option on Samsung S3.
    8. 5.16pm Start Samsung Gear Manager on Blackberry Priv.
    9. 5.17pm Select connect option in Samsung Gear Manager on Blackberry Priv.
    10. 5.18pm Samsung S3 Frontier connects perfectly to my Blackberry Priv.
    11. 5.30pm Provisional testing indicates that all functions of the connectivity between the Samsung S3 Frontier and the Blackberry Priv are working correctly and are stable when functioning.

I think therefore "THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION" is a simple "Yes it works seamlessly".

Thank you and goodnight.
    oakakaemmy and anon(3732391) like this.
    12-19-16 11:54 AM
    This is good information. Now more than ever, the thread title should reflect what it's actually about.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-19-16 12:47 PM
    Ok I have provided my own definitive answer! (As usual)

ALL TIMES ARE BST AND TODAYS DATE IS MONDAY 19th DECEMBER 2016

1. 4.07pm new Samsung S3 delivered from Samsung UK.
    2. 4.15pm item unboxed.
    3. 4.20pm Item placed on charge.
    4. 5.04pm Item at 100% charge.
    5. 5.09pm Samsung Gear Manager downloaded from App Store and installed on Blackberry Priv.
    6. 5.11pm Start setup of Samsung S3.
    7. 5.16pm Hit "connect to phone" option on Samsung S3.
    8. 5.16pm Start Samsung Gear Manager on Blackberry Priv.
    9. 5.17pm Select connect option in Samsung Gear Manager on Blackberry Priv.
    10. 5.18pm Samsung S3 Frontier connects perfectly to my Blackberry Priv.
    11. 5.30pm Provisional testing indicates that all functions of the connectivity between the Samsung S3 Frontier and the Blackberry Priv are working correctly and are stable when functioning.

I think therefore "THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION" is a simple "Yes it works seamlessly".

Thank you and goodnight.

Compatibility was confirmed in the link provided by FF22 so I guess your question was answered before your answered your own question.
    12-19-16 01:13 PM
    I am using a Gear S3 Classic with my BlackBerry Priv and have been for about 2-3 weeks now. It works, but I have noticed two issues, both of which I think are related to the Gear S3/Gear App itself.

1. Google Duo fails to call if the Gear S3 is connected. This is not isolated to the Priv only. Pixel and other device users are reporting the same thing. There is some kind of conflict between Google Duo and the Gear S3.
    2. I cannot seem to sync any music to the watch from the Gear App, no matter how much I try. It always just sits at 0% and no movement. Maybe I am doing something wrong, or maybe the Gear App is failing somehow. Either way, this also does not appear to be isolated to the Priv but affects other devices as well.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-16 02:18 PM
    I don't use my Samsung watches for music but I will test out the music transfer aspect of the S3 and get back to you later.
    12-19-16 02:43 PM
    You didn't put enough exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without enough of them, people don't read links.
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    12-19-16 05:06 PM
    I'm confused by a few things. First off, the language in this thread is terribly comprehensive.

2. There are too many twos and F's. What is that about?!?

3. How did you keep such fine track of time, prior to having the watched charged up and synced?

Glad you had a happy ending SOM! Imagine the bad publicity...
    "Sad old man seen jumping from building, while yelling gibberish at BlackBerry clutched in his hand"
    howarmat, FF22, Mirko935 and 4 others like this.
    12-19-16 08:57 PM
    I'm confused by a few things. First off, the language in this thread is terribly comprehensive.

3. How did you keep such fine track of time, prior to having the watched charged up and synced?

"Sad old man seen jumping from building, while yelling gibberish at BlackBerry clutched in his hand"
    Eh?
    sad_old_man and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-19-16 09:05 PM
    Eh?
    My paw purr autzee haz arrived!
    Uzi likes this.
    12-19-16 09:10 PM
    Feather.
    thurask likes this.
    12-19-16 10:09 PM
    Can't you just buy one and check for yourself? ::SMH::
    12-19-16 10:14 PM

I wouldnt know about the language problem with twos and f's because as you know you old wolf you I can't count and I can't read! I also don't know what comprehensive means either?

Secondly I tracked the time by surrounding myself with an array of clocks. I used my Rolex, Tag, Samsung Gear S, Samsung Gear S2 Neo and my Samsung S2 Classic. In then event that one of them became inaccurate it would not have been a problem as I can't tell the time either, so I just guessed?...........................

Mmmmmmmmm...............did I get that right?
    BigBadWulf and Wezard like this.
    12-20-16 01:58 AM
    Eh?
    Exactly!
    12-20-16 01:59 AM
96 123 ...