It has been out a while, people have been using it, and so how is it shaking out in Real World every day use? Compared to other Android phones is it good, bad, or a bit of both? Has Blackberry finally gotten a handle on the QC issues? Is Android 6.0 on the way, or vaporware? Is this phone a daily driver or not? How are the Blackberry Apps playing with Android now?
    01-19-16 06:53 AM
    Really well, except for the battery and heat issues.
    The fast charge feature saves it a little in the battery issue space, hoping the heat issues get sorted when we get marshmallow.
    01-19-16 07:10 AM
    The fast charge feature saves it a little in the battery issue space, hoping the heat issues get sorted when we get marshmallow.
    So funny. I have heard of the heat issue but have never had a problem. Also myself battery seems to be very good as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-19-16 07:14 AM
    great phone, much better than samsung note
    I have no issues other than an error with the hub which I can avoid but hope it will be dealt with in an update soon...I still use the hub daily
    battery life is better than I need and had from BB10 Classic and heat issue only when installing updates/many apps
    01-19-16 07:32 AM
    I like the Priv.... still consider mine "best of breed" among Android handsets. When 6.x ships it will be even better.
    Jonneh and lesarmitage like this.
    01-19-16 09:51 AM
    Priv is great for me. Heat doesn't really happen unless I'm updating 38 billion apps at the same time, or streaming videos.
    Battery life is quite good and with Marshmallow's Doze feature coming soon, it will be 432098xs better. (I've experienced it on my old Nexus device).
    01-19-16 10:10 AM
    So funny. I have heard of the heat issue but have never had a problem. Also myself battery seems to be very good as well.

Every phone on this planet get heated!!!

Posted via Priv...
    01-19-16 10:20 AM
    Every phone on this planet get heated!!!

Posted via Priv...
    My Priv is angry all the time! It spits venom on passersby as we pass each other; it's terribly heated at all times. I can't even touch it when it gets like that. I just have to wait for it to calm down.
    01-19-16 10:26 AM
    Mine has been great, yes I'm typing this on an old Q10.

But yes the priv has been great. Sot is usually around 4 hours 26 minutes or so. Screen is beautiful (watching anime is wonderful on this screen), apps are good (I miss remember, the bb10 clock, blend and. Battery guru though).

My only possible issue is going to be tight jeans when the warmer weather rolls in. Bending over, lifting my legs or anything with the huge phone in my pocket gives me fear that it might break.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 10:35 AM
    I am waiting on AT&T to send me my 3rd Priv and the previous two have had the heat problem, the lag problem, the battery problems and the sim problem and were made better by the updates, but not significantly so.

My phones get HOT. Up to 112 degrees Fahrenheit so far, both of them.
    01-19-16 11:06 AM
    Battery life is quite good and with Marshmallow's Doze feature coming soon, it will be 432098xs better. (I've experienced it on my old Nexus device).
    Yup, that is the Android way. Because there is little hardware standard, Android itself cannot be made to optimize battery usage but it sure does irk me that it took Google this long to finally allow users some control over background processes. I know, *you* might accidentally turn off Facebook and miss an important announcement or something, which is Google's official line. Then again, why does Google treat everyone as if they are too stupid to use a smartphone? That is because the real answer is that Google allows 3rd party apps to continuously collect data if they want.

It has been out a while, people have been using it, and so how is it shaking out in Real World every day use? Compared to other Android phones is it good, bad, or a bit of both? Has Blackberry finally gotten a handle on the QC issues? Is Android 6.0 on the way, or vaporware? Is this phone a daily driver or not? How are the Blackberry Apps playing with Android now?
    I do not own a Priv--still waiting for it arrive at Verizon and I am not quite sold on it as of yet. I have owned three Android handsets in the past, so based on that I am confident to say:

1. How well it is shaking out it depends on how "well" each individual owner is using it.
    2. Out of the box it will be a bit of both when compared to other Android handsets. Once again this really comes down to how much you value BlackBerry's Android proposition here.
    3. If you mean QC in the software, some yes it seems. For the rest, they are working on it. Now if you are talking about hardware, then I dunno. We'll have to wait to see if users in the newly opened markets have the same complaints or not.
    4. Marshmallow: yup, on the way. When it will officially arrive is anyone's guess; mine is sometime in March. In the meantime I would not worry about it too much. Something like only 1 - 2% of all Androids are currently on M. The majority are still on Kit Kat so consider that Lollipop is still ahead of most.
    5. It is as much of a daily driver as you want it to be. The only hinderance here may be its size.
    6. The apps, not sure.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-19-16 11:11 AM
    In the beginning the phone got hot, but the problem seems to have corrected itself. Mind you, it didn't get any hotter than my Z10 does when I run Android apps on it.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-19-16 11:12 AM
    Mmmmm.... Shake!
    01-19-16 11:25 AM
    Long time BBOS and BB10 user, so can't compare to other Android handsets,
    But,

The first month was painful, overheating, a battery that would last half a day, a fundamentally useless Hub that could not sync Exchange email accounts, SMS and MMS issues, etc. December updates essentially fixed all the problems and I have been very pleased since then. Still waiting for ATT January security update (11 days left in the month), but that isn't a BB issue.

Honestly I was just about at the point of returning the phone in December and going back to my Z10, but now I can't imagine doing so. Very pleased with screen, keyboard, and performance at this point. Of course there a additional tweaks and upgrades needed, but that is true of every OS all the time.

One final note: off charge today for 9 hours so far. Mixed use of phone, email, web search, etc. and I am at 78% power. I am getting well more than a full day of charge from this battery
    01-19-16 02:47 PM
    Excellent device,I am satisfied and definitely recommend it !
    Battery life is not great as was on my passport but still can run a full day without need of re charge.
    01-19-16 03:13 PM
    Doesn't it have a major issue with the screen being wobbly and the back giving?

And it's battery life has apparently been mediocre even though it has a 3450mah beast...obviously an android problem. But still...

I heard the front facing speakers were also pretty mediocre.

Camera has been surprisingly good but the software needs work.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    01-19-16 05:12 PM

And it's battery life has apparently been mediocre even though it has a 3450mah beast...obviously an android problem. But still...

I heard the front facing speakers were also pretty mediocre.

Camera has been surprisingly good but the software needs work.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    Do you actually have a unit?

jm1219 likes this.
    01-19-16 05:23 PM
    The front facing speaker on my PRIV is louder than the two speakers on my Z30. So, no, the PRIV speaker is not 'mediocre' at all.

The device is WAY better than I expected it to be. I love the PRIV a lot. Everything about it is awesome.

fanisk likes this.
    01-19-16 05:49 PM
    So I guess that for the most part there were some growing pains, but now it is getting better?
    lesarmitage likes this.
    01-19-16 09:29 PM
    So I guess that for the most part there were some growing pains, but now it is getting better?
    and will only get better.

To top that off they have so far been pretty consistent with their monthly security updates (which is MUCH better than anyone else out there) and have said that we should expect the latest Marshmellow update 1st qtr this year i think (which is outstanding)
    01-19-16 09:39 PM
    thats it! Agreed
    01-19-16 10:22 PM
    I like mine, no issues, would definitely buy again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-19-16 10:26 PM
    Depends on your definition of "major". Mine has a little play. It doesn't bother me, and I am glad I have this phone vs passing it by because of this "major" issue.

It's much better than my 2nd gen Moto-X (better camera, battery, screen, email, pkb). My Android using coworkers who have messed with it all think it is great, and some are considering it when they upgrade.

Seems the main people who don't like it are the Android hating, BB10 fanboys found mainly on this site.

01-19-16 11:19 PM
    well first things first, what you have to remember is that its and android phone running some blackberry apps and if you read through the threads an here you will see that lots and lots and lots of users are deleting or disabling the blackberry apps and using google apps instead .so if you don't need or want the pkb then I would say just get a android phone ,my priv is back in its box and I'm back to using my passport sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better (in my eyes anyway).the priv just does not feel like a blackberry to me I know there will be priv users who will give me crap about this BUT this is only what I think go and get it you may like it just remember its not a proper blackberry(imo) but I do understand why blackberry have done this ....
    L o r d R a j and Jonneh like this.
    01-20-16 02:04 AM
    Really like the phone, having used android before it was not much of an issue to get to grips with the OS,
    Okay some opinions.
    1. PKB love it and found it easy to use, coming from a classic it is a little smaller but 2 thumbs are fully employed.
    2.Screen very very good, for video etc much better than the classic obviously, but also prefer it to iphone6 (imo)
    3.Guess I have been lucky I have only had the phone heat up during updates (rest of the time no issue)
    4.Clicky glass have not noticed it or been inclined to check for it !
    5.Creaky back my own back creaks more than the phone, again have not gone looking for it, and I think people are becoming obsessed and sit there prodding it all day ( a few of our OCD users know what I mean)
    6.Apps yes there are millions, however probably 95% don't really add anything to your productivity or phone usage.
    7.Games cannot comment as I have just never used my phone for this purpose.
    8.The Hub, its good but not yet great, still needs some tweaks and adjustments, to make it come close to BB10 standards but last update really did fix many issues, and I foresee its continued improvement.
    In reality its a good phone, with decent specifications, and suits my needs, I can see that's it not for everyone, and people that it does not suit, should move to or stick with what suits their needs.
    I find that the constant, "its not BB10" You should move to Iphone etc neither helpful or informative, when trying to weigh up the options available and make an informed decision.
    jm1219, gritsinct and Jonneh like this.
    01-20-16 02:47 AM
35 12