Has anyone tried to wirelessly charge their Priv who purchased their phone from Shopblackberry in canada. I want to confirm 100% it has qi. Cheers.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Joey Vajda likes this.
    11-09-15 04:26 PM
    Thought it was confirmed that US retailers are wireless charge- all others incl Canada is no wireless charge.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:34 PM
    There were posts (can't find them) that stated all the phones bought from ShopBB (in Canada or the U.S.) had wireless charging as they all shipped from the same location.

MobileSyrup is reporting that even the ones from ShopBB Canada don't have wireless charging but they are going off the ShopBB listing which can be inaccurate.

I don't think anyone who has ordered theirs from ShopBB Canada has had them delivered yet to know for sure.
    11-09-15 04:37 PM
    There were posts (can't find them) that stated all the phones bought from ShopBB (in Canada or the U.S.) had wireless charging as they all shipped from the same location.

MobileSyrup is reporting that even the ones from ShopBB Canada don't have wireless charging but they are going off the ShopBB listing which can be inaccurate.

I don't think anyone who has ordered theirs from ShopBB Canada has had them delivered yet to know for sure.
    Op just confirmed it, did you not read?
    11-09-15 04:42 PM

Well... they claimed they asked BlackBerry and say it was "cut in Canada for cost cutting purposes". I really don't have a comment for that.
    11-09-15 04:44 PM
    Op just confirmed it, did you not read?
    I read his post as 'I want to confirm it has wireless...' as he was asking a question, not stating a fact. My bad then. Bloody internet :-)
    bbtino likes this.
    11-09-15 04:45 PM
    I read his post as 'I want to confirm it has wireless...' as he was asking a question, not stating a fact. My bad then. Bloody internet :-)
    No harm no foul
    11-09-15 04:49 PM
    So to confirm the shopblackberry model from canada DOES NOT have qi charging?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-09-15 05:16 PM
    It does.
    11-09-15 05:30 PM
    how are you so sure?
    11-09-15 05:44 PM
    I just cancelled my pre order with rogers because I want the version with wireless charging. was gonna order it off shopblackberry usa but if I can order it off the CDN one would be easier for me as long as it has QI
    11-09-15 05:45 PM
    All STV100-1 sold from ShopBlackBerry (US & CAN) have wireless charging.

STV100-3 models sold by carriers (Bell, Telus, Rogers) do not.

Confirmed by Michael Clewley from BlackBerry on Twitter.
    22justin and Spinal like this.
    11-09-15 05:47 PM
    @nward2010 can test his if you want to know.
    11-09-15 05:49 PM
    @nward2010 can test his if you want to know.
    Don't have a wireless charger yet
    Waiting for my Rapid charger to arrive tomorrow.

Still haven't decided which wireless charger to get.
    11-09-15 05:50 PM
    11-09-15 06:19 PM
    All STV100-1 sold from ShopBlackBerry (US & CAN) have wireless charging.

STV100-3 models sold by carriers (Bell, Telus, Rogers) do not.

Confirmed by Michael Clewley from BlackBerry on Twitter.
    Mobilesyrup says thats not true that all blackberry privs from canada dont have qi.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-09-15 06:20 PM
    Mobilesyrup says thats not true that all blackberry privs from canada dont have qi.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    mobilesyrup is wrong.
    11-09-15 06:26 PM
    And just to be clear wireless charging isn't the same as fast charging which I believe all the Priv models have? Feel free to correct me here.

All the info I've read on wireless charging lately says that it shortens the longevity of the battery. I'm hoping to get a Priv soon and I'm looking for the -3 with the extra bands (World Phone).

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-09-15 06:39 PM
    And just to be clear wireless charging isn't the same as fast charging which I believe all the Priv models have? Feel free to correct me here.

All the info I've read on wireless charging lately says that it shortens the longevity of the battery. I'm hoping to get a Priv soon and I'm looking for the -3 with the extra bands (World Phone).

Then get it from one of the carriers. Unless you travel to China often, extra bands are kinda pointless.

mobilesyrup is wrong.
    I trust Michael Clewley from BlackBerry more than Mobile Syrup. Lol
    22justin likes this.
    11-09-15 06:44 PM

As I got flamed in an earlier post... most evidence of battery life issues in rapid or wireless are "happenstance" however what it really comes down to is charge cycles and heat... those that get heat up in either of the 2 options will most likely have shortened than expected battery life.

I used wireless charging on my pre1, 2 and 3 and never had battery issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:46 PM
    mobilesyrup is wrong.
    Mobilesyrup quoted blackberry themselves.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-09-15 06:49 PM
    just put my order in on ShopBlackberry Canada, fingers crossed it has QI.
    11-09-15 06:50 PM
    Mobilesyrup quoted blackberry themselves.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    They quoted blackberry help which read off the shopblackberry.

users already reported that it has wireless charging. it would be stupid for blackberry to make sub variants of the same device.
    11-09-15 06:55 PM
    They quoted blackberry help which read off the shopblackberry.

users already reported that it has wireless charging. it would be stupid for blackberry to make sub variants of the same device.
    Canadian unit? Or AT&T / US SBB ones?

Mobilesyrup said they "pressed BlackBerry" for the answer... and an "unnamed source confirmed it was cost".

11-09-15 07:00 PM
    Seriously doubt they made sub variants of the device. I will bet all stv100-1 have wireless charging. Doesnt matter if its shopblackbery Canada or USA or AT&T
    11-09-15 07:03 PM
42 12