I've had this phone for almost a week now and the overheating hasn't stopped,has anybody gotten to the bottom of this yet? Is it my phone? Is it an app ( I just have the basic apps installed fb,ig,WhatsApp etc), so how can this phone get so hot by just browsing,texting,seeing pictures just the basic stuff,that's unacceptable I mean I love this phone and came in from bb10 with an open mind knowing that I was going to be frustrated from time to time until I get the learning curve but this overheating crap is starting for the first time making me think about returning this phone and and go somewhere else, again if anybody found a solution to this problem please let me know ( phone just got hot tipping this message).thanks

Posted via blackberry.....priv?
    Gelzz likes this.
    11-17-15 10:19 AM
    Try disabling all blackberry services for a day and see how that goes. I don't own a Priv but that is something I'd try. If you do, let me know how it goes
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-15 10:21 AM
    It's weird. My Priv was hot when I set it up but hasn't been since then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-15 10:22 AM
    Android phones get hot occasionally from phone calls or excessive use. They run hotter than any blackberry i ever had.

That being said, i don't know if the Priv would be immune to running hot because it has BB apps on it, so I am going to return to see what other people have to say.
    Mecca EL and mstrblueskys like this.
    11-17-15 10:23 AM
    Winter is coming. Won't be so bad. You can use it as a portable heater.
    You will forget all about it when those hands of yours are toasty warm.

Posted via CB10
    jope28, eldricho, Mecca EL and 5 others like this.
    11-17-15 10:24 AM
    My Samsung Galaxy Tab S gets hot from time to time. No issues though. It seems to be worse for some people for some reason though.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-17-15 10:26 AM
    I read from multiple places that, for Android phones, after you get the phone and before you start transferring your data and setting up your phone, you are supposed to update the OS if it's available and update your apps if it's available, and in these process you are supposed to let the phone doing its own thing and not to mess around with it for a hour or two.

Only after that you can start setting up your phone and start using it. It seems to suggest that if you do this you are less likely to have a overheated android phone in your pocket.

Just an impression I got from reading, not confirmed with my own experience. If some Android users can confirm this here that would be great.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-17-15 10:29 AM
    Try disabling all blackberry services for a day and see how that goes. I don't own a Priv but that is something I'd try. If you do, let me know how it goes
    I don't see that as an option since the reason I bought this phone was exactly because of the blackberry services,so that will defeat the purpose,I'm hoping blackberry comes out with a solution soon like they said they were going to hopefully on a monthly basis.

Sparksx and mister2d like this.
    11-17-15 10:29 AM
    I found my phone was overheating when trying to back up Google photos. After I removed several hundred photos off my SD card, it seems to be cooler. I have definitely found that when the phone is being taxed, it gets warm quickly.

11-17-15 10:31 AM
    I noticed that it gets hot if it's doing something with the playstore

11-17-15 10:32 AM
    I read from multiple places that, for Android phones, after you get the phone and before you start transferring your data and setting up your phone, you are supposed to update the OS if it's available and update your apps if it's available, and in these process you are supposed to let the phone doing its own thing and not to mess around with it for a hour or two.

Only after that you can start setting up your phone and start using it. It seems to suggest that if you do this you are less likely to have a overheated android phone in your pocket.

Just an impression I got from reading, not confirmed with my own experience. If some Android users can confirm this here that would be great.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I did exactly that : 1 update all the apps 2 do content transfer 3 set up my accounts (email,BBM,fb,) ,looks from what I've been reading so far that this is a common problem with android,boy do I miss bb10 ,lol

lift likes this.
    11-17-15 10:32 AM
    Mine hasn't been hot. maybe you need to turn off some running process. I had a living wallpaper that was draining battery pretty good and was keeping phone warm. how about rebooting device and launch only PIMs and emails and see?
    Even with Candy Crush Soda running on mine it is not hot.. (My biggest Battery drainer)
    11-17-15 10:37 AM
    Mine hasn't been hot. maybe you need to turn off some running process. I had a living wallpaper that was draining battery pretty good and was keeping phone warm. how about rebooting device and launch only PIMs and emails and see?
    Even with Candy Crush Soda running on mine it is not hot.. (My biggest Battery drainer)
    I don't have ANY games on my phone,turning off stuff is not an option,this phone is "supposed" to work properly with the software it came with and whatever update it requires after first boot,again I love this phone but it needs to work right to justify paying 750 us dollars,I don't think I'm alone in this one.

Sparksx likes this.
    11-17-15 10:46 AM
    Everyone that is reporting heat issues please tell us how hot it is. I know my z10 battery temps would reach 45 C or so when gaming. That to me was really hot. So what temps are we having with the priv? Anything over that is pretty dangerous IMO

you can use this battery app for easy and useful stats BTW

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cc71.bmw&hl=en
    11-17-15 10:49 AM
    Obviously something is off. I just letting you know I have PIM/emails(4 of them), all default settings. Hangout, LI, FB, Twitter, CB Forum, BT to car and to headset. Usually really bad reception where I am(1-2 bars for ATT) and WiFi on. Using Twilight(runs all the time). Bunch of other things. Not hot at all. No battery issues unless I have Candy crush Soda running(background or foreground(this one drains battery like crazy).

Weather has also been freaking cold so If it was running hot It would be noticeable.
    11-17-15 10:54 AM
    I try posting a picture here but this app keeps crashing but right now is at 35 just by using this app.

11-17-15 11:00 AM
    I try posting a picture here but this app keeps crashing but right now is at 35 just by using this app.

My first one also heat up like crazy...which eventually died on me with screen went dark completely. Luckily I'm still within 14 days, so I asked for a replacement (which they have it in stock)...and ever since, the phone is not as hot as the other. What I'm saying is that you might have a defective unit.
    11-17-15 11:04 AM
    My first one also heat up like crazy...which eventually died on me with screen went dark completely. Luckily I'm still within 14 days, so I asked for a replacement (which they have it in stock)...and ever since, the phone is not as hot as the other. What I'm saying is that you might have a defective unit.
    That's what I'm afraid of,I bought mine from amazon,so I guess I should deal with them? Or blackberry directly?

11-17-15 11:08 AM
    The phone isn't getting hot from background processes (at least in my experience, google photos, facebook, bluetooth, location services always on, hub syncing two email accounts with push as well).. It's when the phone is actually being used that the heat just rises instantly. With my case on now I'm extra paranoid that one more 10 minute browsing session and the thing is going to melt.
    mania626 likes this.
    11-17-15 11:21 AM
    The phone isn't getting hot from background processes (at least in my experience, google photos, facebook, bluetooth, location services always on, hub syncing two email accounts with push as well).. It's when the phone is actually being used that the heat just rises instantly. With my case on now I'm extra paranoid that one more 10 minute browsing session and the thing is going to melt.
    This exactly!� ^^^^

11-17-15 11:27 AM
    I take my HTC One M8 in the sauna on occasion after a workout and it gets hot, lol.

Then it cools back down after I've been out a while.

11-17-15 11:33 AM
    This cured my heating problem.... Did a factory reset, all apps auto updated, did NOT do content transfer, Gmail sync off/push on. Now the only time it heats is when I play games.
    11-17-15 11:33 AM
    I have returned mine because it was getting too hot. I owned many BBOS, BB10, Android, Windows, iphones (wife) and never had a phone getting this hot, I still have a note 4 and while it can get warm from excessive use but not that hot as the Priv
    Anyway I am receiving a new Priv tomorrow so I can guess I can compare it with the previous one so I will know exactly if is the same and maybe my expectations are different than others or if I can satisfy myself with the previous Priv being faulty if the new one runs much cooler...
    11-17-15 11:35 AM
    Right that is what I experience most with my z10 and some of my android phones. That is also expected if gaming or such BUT just browsing the web or something like reading emails it should not get warm at all really. I can sit there and BBM/web browse/twitter/facebook for 30-45 minutes and my oneplus 1 and 2 both would barely rise any heat at all
    11-17-15 11:35 AM
    I do not disagree with you my friend! Quite the contrary... my S5 has never even broke a sweat. It's never felt anything but cold in my hand the whole year and a half I've had it
    11-17-15 11:37 AM
91 123 ...