10-09-15 08:24 AM
81 1234
tools
    .....so you'll have to buy our BB10 device for better security. (Sans GPS, of course)
    There won't be any BB10 devices to buy..
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-07-15 08:28 AM
    A average person could take one look at the Priv and tell right away it's a BlackBerry. The only form factor that screams BlackBerry more would be a Android Bold.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:46 AM
    No worries...Priv will Chen's Playbook.

ahahahahaah.....
    Asvertus likes this.
    10-07-15 09:04 AM
    A average person could take one look at the Priv and tell right away it's a BlackBerry. The only form factor that screams BlackBerry more would be a Android Bold.

Posted via CB10
    The average consumer will look and say "hey, it's an Android." WIthout the slider expanded, at first glance (notice i said glance), they might think its a Samsung...
    extisis likes this.
    10-07-15 09:37 AM
    Imagine if priv had BB10 still and he said "it runs Google services" instead. Aw man

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 09:51 AM
    It will be called a Blackberry, just as a samsung phone is still a Samsung, a HTC is still an HTC etc. I understand your frustration, but it won't change the fact that this is a Blackberry Android phone.
    wait till the issues and complaints about your beloved droidberry get here. people will be saying something different altogether.
    Forti Kravala likes this.
    10-07-15 10:00 AM
    The average consumer will look and say "hey, it's an Android." WIthout the slider expanded, at first glance (notice i said glance), they might think its a Samsung...
    Still the equivalent of the current situation, except it's "what is that? They still exist? You still use one?". BlackBerry brought this on themselves.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 10:40 AM
    I remember the flack over BB10 and no BIS integration... many then taught that BB10 wasn't BlackBerry.

Let them release the phone, let all the reviews and early adopters have a chance to play with it..... and then compare your options and go with what works best for YOU. Casue too be honest there aren't too many "real" options out there.....

The only reason I see to discount the PRIV by BlackBerry at this early stage in the game, is if you are concerned about it not being a success and that BlackBerry will once again leave users with a device that won't see any additional OS upgrades. If that is a concern, then you wait a few months to see how sales are progressing.
    A voice of reason...

I remember the "no BIS" thing too - still see the arguments for it to this day. Belfastdispatcher must be in a real tizzy over the move to Android.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-07-15 11:04 AM
    I get that but I don't come here so we can jerk each other off and tell ourselves how great bb10 is and how it's the best in the world just to make ourselves feel good. Let's be realistic here. I like hearing other people's opinions but some users on here are taking the whole Priv running Android to heart.. As if they feel betrayed or if it's some unspeakable sin that a blackberry will be running Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Neither do I, but I sure as hell don't come here to listen to read fruitless posts about the placement of the forum and how it's an android phone and not really a blackberry phone! Talk about pointless lmao

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 11:54 AM
    Neither do I, but I sure as hell don't come here to listen to read fruitless posts about the placement of the forum and how it's an android phone and not really a blackberry phone! Talk about pointless lmao

Posted via CB10
    There is some logic to their arguments but it really doesn't matter either way. You might argue that Blackberry has a recognition not unlike mac had/has. As you know Apple no longer uses IBM Power PC hardware in favor of Intel hardware. Basically the only thing that remained was the single click mouse but the software is what really always identified it as being a Mac. If they released a Windows version running on PPC hardware people would have had the same reaction. It really would still be a Macintosh by brand if that's what Apple decided to call it but just like the other windows PC manufacturers out there it would first be categorized as a windows PC rather than a Mac by vague definition.
    Blackberry giving up its OS for Android classifies the phones as Android phones. People will define them by this before Blackberry since Android has so much brand recognition. I personally wouldn't call it a Blackberry as it would confuse the average person who only define phones as "iPhone, Android, Galaxy *, Windows phone or Blackberry".
    10-07-15 01:56 PM
    This pointless thread is going on three pages now. Seems like it has struck a chord and has sparked interest. Isn't that the point of creating a thread in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:01 PM
    Whoops!.... make that four pages...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:02 PM
    (kicks the dirt) But, the farm girls.......
    10-07-15 04:52 PM
    Yes, Ferrari uses some other companies stuff to make the cars. Yes, samsung uses android and it's still a Samsung. But Samsung makes phones and computers, etc. BlackBerry doesn't make phones, blackberry is not just a keyboard. BlackBerry is a a whole piece of high quality productivity tool.
    I've used iPhone and Samsung with android and I always come back to BlackBerry because I love the whole tool not just the keyboard.
    Blackberry is not a phone, it's a blackberry... or maybe it used to be.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:39 PM
    It will be called a Blackberry, just as a samsung phone is still a Samsung, a HTC is still an HTC etc. I understand your frustration, but it won't change the fact that this is a Blackberry Android phone.
    Honestly, when I hear Samsung or HTC all I think of is Android. It's an Android phone, just manufactured by Samsung.

To me it would be no different than Dell, HP, Lenovo selling PCs's with Windows. It's a Windows Machine.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    10-07-15 06:50 PM
    Honestly, when I hear Samsung or HTC all I think of is Android. It's an Android phone, just manufactured by Samsung.

To me it would be no different than Dell, HP, Lenovo selling PCs's with Windows. It's a Windows Machine.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but when people ask what mind of laptop or computer you have you don't say windows machine.. I mean I guess you could but more than likely you'll be like "Oh I have a Toshiba" or whatever brand it is.

I get it. But it's still a blackberry.

10-08-15 02:58 AM
    A Porsche Cayenne with a VW Diesel engine and a Touareg chassis built in a VW plant is still a friggin Porsche.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10-08-15 at 06:34 AM.
    bakron1 and tufcustomer like this.
    10-08-15 06:16 AM
    The bottom line is that Blackberry OS10 sales have been decreasing every quarter and you can bet that some of Blackberry's larger clients have also been pushing the company in the direction on Android. The way I look at it is technology and the market dynamics have drastically changed and I for one are hoping the Priv is a successful product for Blackberry. The key factor in all of this is going to be what the price of the device is when it's released? Now it's a waiting game.
    10-08-15 06:36 AM
    ....SO... OP, are you going to be getting this new BlackBerry Priv?
    10-08-15 06:57 AM
    What makes BlackBerry different is it's operating software, not the physical materials that make up the device (only the physical keyboard could be argued). To call the Priv a BlackBerry phone, to me, is ludicrous. It's an Android phone with a little extra flair. If the Priv does not run BB10 it will not be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, how's about Huckleberry?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 07:37 AM
    Yeah but when people ask what mind of laptop or computer you have you don't say windows machine.. I mean I guess you could but more than likely you'll be like "Oh I have a Toshiba" or whatever brand it is.

I get it. But it's still a blackberry.

People generally say "I have a PC" referring to a computer running windows.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    10-08-15 08:36 AM
    Attachment 374653
    Then what is this logo at the back..?
    SilverBerry?
    BlackBerry Priv« a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    Probably a big warning flag to most people that says "don't buy me."

KAM
    10-08-15 09:28 AM
    It's an Android device made by BlackBerry. But, it is not a device on BlackBerry's mobile platform. So, Nokia made phones on their own platform, Symbian, and they also made phones on Windows Phone, Microsoft's platform. The later devices were Windows Phone handsets made by Nokia.

If the Priv sells 100 million units, those units will be counted as marketshare for Android and *not* for BlackBerry's mobile platform.

This is new territory for BlackBerry as it has always been a player in mobile computing. Chen's strategy, apparently, was to underinvest to the point of closing that essential aspect of BlackBerry and start calling that side of the company "hardware." I hope things change, but it looks like BlackBerry is now just a handset builder like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Huwai, LG, and many more. It's *not* a BlackBerry platform device just as the Motorola is not a Motorola platform device. It's an Android.

And, iOS is *way* better than Android if you are willing to pay the price that the Priv will likely sell at. Unless BlackBerry reboots BB10 with serious upgrades, BlackBerry fans are better off with an iPhone if they want ecosystem quality.

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    10-08-15 02:40 PM
    If we were not all talking about the upcoming BlackBerry Prev these forums would be done :Chen
    10-08-15 02:42 PM
    If Priv is for high end entrepreneurs and Govt then why is it android why not bb10 if it's for security.. BlackBerry10 is more secure which is his words.. and if its to attract normal average consumer then keep the price low which will not be. So why it's android?

And why to give Govt less secure OS if security is their main agenda, which he keeps saying all d time....

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 02:48 PM
81 1234