What makes BlackBerry different is it's operating software, not the physical materials that make up the device (only the physical keyboard could be argued). To call the Priv a BlackBerry phone, to me, is ludicrous. It's an Android phone with a little extra flair. If the Priv does not run BB10 it will not be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure there's a lot of BBOS users that think the same about BB10
    10-08-15 01:51 PM
    BB10 was still Blackberry's own software. I'm sure some BBOS people didn't and still don't like OS10 but it remained a Blackberry product and offered a true alternative to Android and iOS.
    10-08-15 02:07 PM
    Yep. And are vocal about it.
    10-08-15 02:07 PM
    What makes BlackBerry different is it's operating software, not the physical materials that make up the device (only the physical keyboard could be argued). To call the Priv a BlackBerry phone, to me, is ludicrous. It's an Android phone with a little extra flair. If the Priv does not run BB10 it will not be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    if it runs BB10 there is no more Blackberry phones since Chen just said he needs to sell 5 millions devices a year(down from 10 millions he said few months ago LOL). BB10 sells less than 3 millions a year so BB10 = no more phones.
    is it what you want?
    10-08-15 07:29 PM
    if it runs BB10 there is no more Blackberry phones since Chen just said he needs to sell 5 millions devices a year(down from 10 millions he said few months ago LOL). BB10 sells less than 3 millions a year so BB10 = no more phones.
    is it what you want?
    I think a few here would happily go down in flames in the S.S. BlackBerry if it meant they could keep their favourite OS 'Pure'. There are less than 10M active bb10 devices in the wild. Blackberry has supported it well but they don't have the money or the brand power to gain any mind share and thus market share.

Sure I love bb10, I will be really disappointed if it disappears, but it happened to webos and it happened to meego (two of my fav platforms). I understand that I'm really bad at picking platforms, I'm always going betamax when there's a VHS that everyone else is using. Bb10 may be better engineered and in many ways better thought out than android originally, but thanks to its market share Google can invest in making android brilliant. Android 5.1 is an excellent OS and some of the features in 6 are fantastic. Bb10 can't rely on the strength of its gestures and hub when BlackBerry don't have the money or the ability to retain feature parity with android and iOS.

I hope bb10 continues as a niche OS but if blackberry want to stand out the best thing they can do is make the best android experience available. Bring the UX attention to detail from bb10, the customisability around ring profiles and all the power user stuff they can to android and let someone else absorb the cost of adding the flash features that keep the customers coming back.

I hope the Priv is a huge success, I will get one when I can but I don't want to get rid of my passport. With the Priv BlackBerry at least have a chance, everyone I know who has looked at it, (even BlackBerry haters) have been impressed, and a few are considering it for their next device. Blackberry have built their first truly lust worthy phone since the torch and it has LOTS of people curious. This is what BlackBerry has needed for years.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 03:55 AM
    Honestly, it doesn't bug me that much anymore if they stop development. I just have to make sure that I keep my phone in pristine condition. Just because they stop development does not mean the phone will just shut off and stop working.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:24 AM
81 ... 234