You know the one, right? That update that will fix all of your problems...with the Hub... with the battery... with everything else.

If you have a valid complaint... and instead of contacting BlackBerry tech support you're posting it here... hoping and waiting for it to magically get resolved... then best of luck to you.

I recently notified tech support of my battery issue. They actually seemed a bit surprised. Why? Because not enough people have called to complain!

Look, I do understand that some BlackBerry insiders read the forums, but this is still not the official channel for voicing your concerns. If you have a problem - PICK UP THE PHONE and dial 866 533 8067... choose the Android option (I think it's 2) on the prompt.

Get your complaint logged. Get it on record. Let BlackBerry see what problems we're having... so they prioritize and figure out a way to fix them. Posting a complaint in this forum should be something you do AFTER you just got off the phone with tech support. Besides, your access to tech support is an entitlement for having purchased a new phone, so why not use it???

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 10:36 AM
    Have you actually talked to tech support? Useless.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-17-15 10:39 AM
    Tech support is always surprised no matter what the issue. I think it's in their training manual to act surprised and say your the first I've heard this from . Lol!
    Quorist, JRF_1986, lift and 10 others like this.
    11-17-15 10:42 AM

Whether or not they are able to resolve your problem is not the point. The point is to have your complaint officially on record.

I guarantee you that if 75% of users called and reported the same problem, it would get someone's attention.

11-17-15 10:44 AM
    Tech support is always surprised no matter what the issue. I think it's in their training manual to act surprised and say your the first I've heard this from . Lol!
    Yeah I remember with my Z10 rebooting at launch the Verizon tech knew what I was talking about, escalated to BlackBerry support and she had never heard of such.... phone rebooting??? But then I said I would just return it, and she came back with there would be a future software fix.

Still waiting on my OS optimization that would allow the Z10 1800 mAh battery to last as long as the iPhone 6 18000 mAh battery..... not all things get fixed in a software update.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-17-15 10:48 AM
    Yeah I remember with my Z10 rebooting at launch the Verizon tech knew what I was talking about, escalated to BlackBerry support and she had never heard of such.... phone rebooting??? But then I said I would just return it, and she came back with there would be a future software fix.

Still waiting on my OS optimization that would allow the Z10 1800 mAh battery to last as long as the iPhone 6 18000 mAh battery..... not all things get fixed in a software update.
    I fully expected them to act as they did.

But, why pay $700+ for a phone and spend your day complaining on a message board...instead of letting the manufacturer know?

Regardless of what tech support says or does not say... Not letting BlackBerry know about your problem doesn't make sense.

11-17-15 10:52 AM

Boar hog if you are from LA

(Lower Alabama)
    11-17-15 10:53 AM
    I am pretty sure that BB just fixed 2 issues that I mentioned...an overly sensitive track pad in the browser, and a track pad issue when switching from vkb to pkb...they are reading these forums and fixing things as they are reported.
    11-17-15 10:55 AM
    They know...I read an article that said T-Mobile was sent units for testing and returned them to BB because of the overheating issue (which I'm sure affected battery).
    kertong likes this.
    11-17-15 10:55 AM
    They know...I read an article that said T-Mobile was sent units for testing and returned them to BB because of the overheating issue (which I'm sure affected battery).
    I would love to read this article, do you have the link?
    11-17-15 10:57 AM
    Great battery here. Of charger at 7.20am. It's 5pm now and I have 60%
    Power left

Posted via The BlackBerry Priv
    11-17-15 11:00 AM
    Article or no article... The more people voice valid complaints... The better.

kertong likes this.
    11-17-15 11:02 AM
    Power left

Wow! Thanks for the battery report!

(What the..?)

11-17-15 11:03 AM
    You know the one, right? That update that will fix all of your problems...with the Hub... with the battery... with everything else.

If you have a valid complaint... and instead of contacting BlackBerry tech support you're posting it here... hoping and waiting for it to magically get resolved... then best of luck to you.

I recently notified tech support of my battery issue. They actually seemed a bit surprised. Why? Because not enough people have called to complain!

Look, I do understand that some BlackBerry insiders read the forums, but this is still not the official channel for voicing your concerns. If you have a problem - PICK UP THE PHONE and dial 866 533 8067... choose the Android option (I think it's 2) on the prompt.

Get your complaint logged. Get it on record. Let BlackBerry see what problems we're having... so they prioritize and figure out a way to fix them. Posting a complaint in this forum should be something you do AFTER you just got off the phone with tech support. Besides, your access to tech support is an entitlement for having purchased a new phone, so why not use it???

Great point and noted.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 11:03 AM
    Power left

Yeah I think in the beginning or at least for the first little while android phones index and sync in the background and I think contributes to the battery heat issue.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 11:05 AM
    I would love to read this article, do you have the link?
    Turns out it was another post rather than a news article...

"Had an interesting discussion with a Blackberry Tech Expert from T-Mobile today after trying to get some information about their Blackberry Classic.

Apparently the Priv has been in testing on their network for the last couple of weeks. The technician sounded quite enthusiastic about the device but stated that there were some issues with heat initially. The unit was sent back to Blackberry and was returned with new software and it has been smooth sailing ever since. He added that December is the month T-Mobile is planning for it's release on their network."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1048872/
    Lobwedgephil and kertong like this.
    11-17-15 11:21 AM
    Whether or not they are able to resolve your problem is not the point. The point is to have your complaint officially on record.

I guarantee you that if 75% of users called and reported the same problem, it would get someone's attention.

Absolutely!

(One of) The Biggest Driver(s) for Prioritising Fixes and Patches is the amount of calls logged for that particular Issue. Very high impact Issues will also receive high Prioritisation, eg anything that might affect Corporate Reputation, for example for BlackBerry, this could be a Security Issue.

If the calls aren't logged by Tech Support for a particular Issue, then that Issue will be deemed as less important...
    11-17-15 12:15 PM
    Yip I agree from past experience

tbims01 likes this.
    11-17-15 12:34 PM
    Who are you anyway lol. Go back to school and learn some manners you *****

11-17-15 12:36 PM
    Chen needs to hurry with the update things are not working well at all! Blackberry get your act together before you loose more customers that you can't afford. Like many have said the Priv is the last ditch effort to save the hand set business for blackberry.

Battery is main issue with my Priv all the other stuff like the hub would be a bonus for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:41 PM
    I have two observations here. First, sometimes the problem isn't with the actual software or the hardware, at times it is the user and the people here at CrackBerry can be very helpful in getting you sorted out. Sometimes a lot more helpful than tech support. So posting on here can go a lot further in resolving an issue then tech support can. Not to mention, someone else may have the same or similar problem and thus posting it may help a lot of people looking for answers, or at the very least provide feedback to others.

Second, it's clear that BlackBerry does pay close attention to these forums. I have, on no less than two occasions, seen changes and updates made to BB10 based off of comments made here. It is clear to me that they do in fact take the posts made here seriously and use them to improve their products. If there is a large number of posts or a huge thread complaining about something, I trust they will take note. If someone from BlackBerry is reading this, kudos to you, and keep up the good work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't phone tech support, but please don't overlook the power of these forums.
    powereds likes this.
    11-17-15 01:33 PM
    I have two observations here. First, sometimes the problem isn't with the actual software or the hardware, at times it is the user and the people here at CrackBerry can be very helpful in getting you sorted out. Sometimes a lot more helpful than tech support. So posting on here can go a lot further in resolving an issue then tech support can. Not to mention, someone else may have the same or similar problem and thus posting it may help a lot of people looking for answers, or at the very least provide feedback to others.

Second, it's clear that BlackBerry does pay close attention to these forums. I have, on no less than two occasions, seen changes and updates made to BB10 based off of comments made here. It is clear to me that they do in fact take the posts made here seriously and use them to improve their products. If there is a large number of posts or a huge thread complaining about something, I trust they will take note. If someone from BlackBerry is reading this, kudos to you, and keep up the good work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't phone tech support, but please don't overlook the power of these forums.
    I agree and encourage people to post here.

My apologies. I obviously did a poor job of writing that because A) someone gave me a battery report that is of no use to me, and B) you obviously felt inclined enough to defend the forum... so I failed at overstating the importance of posting here.

No matter how many BlackBerry employees read posts, I doubt there's anyone keeping an official count of how many users are having X number of Y issues.

Logging our issues into their system on a per user basis is simply a good idea. It helps them. It helps us.

wincyUt likes this.
    11-17-15 01:57 PM
    I am pretty sure that BB just fixed 2 issues that I mentioned...an overly sensitive track pad in the browser, and a track pad issue when switching from vkb to pkb...they are reading these forums and fixing things as they are reported.
    I would love to know how they were able to patch your phone despite the fact that there have been no OS or PlayStore updates addressing that issue?
    11-17-15 02:15 PM
    No matter how many BlackBerry employees read posts, I doubt there's anyone keeping an official count of how many users are having X number of Y issues.
    No, but it can be pretty obvious at times... large threads, multiple threads, popular threads. If I can see what the main issues are on the forum in a few minutes I'm sure they can too. I'll say it again, don't underestimate the power of the forum.

Also, I have to say, I absolutely hate phoning tech support. I almost always know more than the person I'm talking to, and that's thanks to forums like these.
    mister2d likes this.
    11-17-15 02:22 PM
    No, but it can be pretty obvious at times... large threads, multiple threads, popular threads. If I can see what the main issues are on the forum in a few minutes I'm sure they can too. I'll say it again, don't underestimate the power of the forum.

Also, I have to say, I absolutely hate phoning tech support. I almost always know more than the person I'm talking to, and that's thanks to forums like these.
    Who said I was under estimating the power of the forum??? That's ridiculous.

So, when BlackBerry wants to run data analytics on the issues in their DB pertaining to the Priv... Do they count the number of posts from the forum? Of course they don't.

I imagine the tech support person hates when you phone too... seeing how smart you are.

11-17-15 02:35 PM
71 123