All things written here are simply my subjective opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt!

After using PRIV for couple of weeks, I gave my best to get used to Android and a big screen. But things were not going anywhere. I moved from Q10 to PRIV, and this is not my first Android phone. I previously owned couple of Android phones, but I was never able to get used to a touch screen keyboard. I owned a mobile review website for years, until recently, so had many Android phones weeks before official launch, and I'm very familiar with most phone models in the last 5 years. But when it comes to productivity and getting things done, Android is not the real deal, not at all.

PRIV is a great phone! It is well built, it's fast, it seems reliable, with a very good camera. But Android user experience is simply years behind WebOS or BB10. If I have to move my finger up to the top of 5.4" screen, just in order to click to be able to enter URL in a browser - I'd call that a very bad user experience! Don't get me wrong, but BlackBerry 10 is simply superior to Android!

Even Marshmallow (latest Android) is years behind BB10 in terms of features. Not to mention multitasking. Another big thing is lack of privacy on Android, which I believe most of you here are very well familiar with, since your choice is/was BlackBerry. This should probably not bother any average user, since BlackBerry DTEK is really helpful here. What I figured out when I got the phone, and was not aware before, is that DTEK will NOT stop applications from accessing your personal data, but will warn you instead. Yet, again, it is very helpful, so if you have to live with Android, it's better to use it, then not, obviously.

The screen on PRIV is just simply too big to be used fluently for generating any written content, so it could be good if you are a passive user and spend most of your time watching videos or playing games. It is very unproductive, despite a very good keyboard. BlackBerry soft keyboard kicks ***, yet it can not match the real PKB (physical keyboard). I wish this phone was 4" or up to 4.5".

If I had to change the phone manufacturer and have to get used to a software keyboard, it will probably be iPhone SE, due to its size. I'm not claiming that I'd enjoy using it.

Big screen such PRIV has is IMPOSSIBLE to use with one hand, unless you are a giant! I would definitelly make myself use Android if this phone was the size of iPhone SE!

Passport was never really an option for me, because of its width. I'm really frustrated since BlackBerry (RIM) never launched a quad core device the size of Q10/Classic! All they had to do is to pay millions to Facebook/Skype(MS)/Whatsapp and Viber to make native apps integrated with Hub. Android player was able to fill the gap for the rest of the missing apps.

If you moved from any BB10 phone, and never really digged Android, I would suggest you to take this phone for a test, and then figure out whether you like it or not.

If you are accustomed to Android and big screens, and if you are using Android for a while, you will definitelly LOVE this phone!

Unfortunately, in my case there was no chemistry, so I decided to sell the phone and get back to Q10, believe it or not.

I have never been an app person, but I really need mobile Skype (need it for work), and it has never been working fluently on any dual core BB.

I would really appreciated if you could suggest me next phone that will replace my beloved Q10. So, PKB, one-handed use (vertical PKB), less than 4.5" and Skype (not necessarily native one). Possibly BB10 (I wish, but highly unlikely!).

What are my options? Hopefully not none... Any suggestion appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    07-15-16 11:53 AM
    With PKB, none.
    With VKB, iPhone SE or Sony Xperia Z5 Compact (4.6").

*A3-A20
    07-15-16 12:02 PM
    If you moved from any BB10 phone, and never really digged Android, I would suggest you to take this phone for a test, and then figure out whether you like it or not.
    Well, I'll give it a try on Monday, going to order it after two years of BlackBerry Passport usage. Both OG and SE.

I really hope that I'll get used to android, which never felt any good when using a friends phone for some browsing..

That OS weakness (in comparison to, indeed, the superior BlackBerry 10 OS) and the privacy you mentioned make this a tough choice for me. But I'm willing to give BlackBerry a try with there first android powered device. If it's not for me, I'll just buy the classic and keep using OS10 for as long as possible

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    07-15-16 12:07 PM
    There's nothing that fits in one hand and has a PKB that you haven't used yet. Well, maybe the Classic, but that's just been discontinued, and it's not much of an upgrade over the Q10 you had.
    07-15-16 12:09 PM
    Wait for the fixed keyboard model that is coming

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:04 PM
    Coming from a Z30 I've learned to type with two thumbs at long last. The big screen means I never use an ipad as I can access everything from the Priv. I'm very pleased with the Priv but could do without the pkb.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-15-16 01:37 PM
    Wait for the fixed keyboard model that is coming

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this. I think it's slated for early 2017 and to be called Mercury. That's the one I am looking at if I don't buy a Priv before then. I really like this AT&T Passport though. Best phone I've ever had.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    07-15-16 01:55 PM
    Yes, this. I think it's slated for early 2017 and to be called Mercury. That's the one I am looking at if I don't buy a Priv before then. I really like this AT&T Passport though. Best phone I've ever had.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Isn't it a bit too wide and somewhat angular? And 3 rows keyboard, instead of regular 4? And a bit too big for a pocket? Or it is just me?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 01:45 AM
    I'm with you with size and OS productivity, I also waited long to switch over from Pre2 and still not have fully accommodated with PRIV. I also don't understand app devs which could ease a lot of pain with the big size by having navigation/input bars at least optional at the bottom (this must bug millions of users with thos 5-6' displays). But not even Firefox Beta does have the possibility even if windows versions have.
    Another point is lacking pkb shortcut support in apps, but that can only be done by BlackBerry giving devices to devs to implement it (as the userbase with pkb on droid is too small to force them to support it)
    Bratza likes this.
    07-22-16 02:07 AM