I'm not usually the holster type but I'm definitely going to get one to protect that curved screen. Here's hoping it's less than 150 bucks. Wait, correction: Here's hoping it's less than $149.99!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-28-15 06:46 PM
    I'm not usually the holster type but I'm definitely going to get one to protect that curved screen. Here's hoping it's less than 150 bucks. Wait, correction: Here's hoping it's less than $149.99!

Hope it's the same price as the Z10 one tbh

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:10 PM
    I'm not sure how you could take the device out of the holster without also sliding the keyboard, devices fit quite snugly in OEM holsters.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:11 PM
    I'm not sure how you could take the device out of the holster without also sliding the keyboard, devices fit quite snugly in OEM holsters.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose that's a valid concern, however this wasn't a problem with the original Torch (although I am testing it in a holster for the Bold 9700 - sidenote: remember when BlackBerries included the holster with your device out of the box?!). The screen is the only part that really 'slides' and the sides and back of the phone is where the 'bulk' is. I would imagine that the new slider will be designed very similarly so that the part that you grab will not cause it to slide open.

That is, unless you have a habit of grabbing your phone by the screen. Which I don't think most people do. Except for the weirdos with the finger print fetishes.

04-28-15 08:26 PM
    I suppose that's a valid concern, however this wasn't a problem with the original Torch (although I am testing it in a holster for the Bold 9700 - sidenote: remember when BlackBerries included the holster with your device out of the box?!). The screen is the only part that really 'slides' and the sides and back of the phone is where the 'bulk' is. I would imagine that the new slider will be designed very similarly so that the part that you grab will not cause it to slide open.

That is, unless you have a habit of grabbing your phone by the screen. Which I don't think most people do. Except for the weirdos with the finger print fetishes.

The Slider has a curved screen so I'm not sure how you could grab it without touching the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:55 AM