Ya know, in optimal lighting I have been able to get better pictures from the Priv than Pixel phones. It's rare, but it does happen from time time.

Posted via the BlackBerry keyboard from my Pixel 3aXL
    Thanks I will be checking out the camera 📷 over Xmas
    Sigewif likes this.
    12-24-19 02:28 AM
    Thanks I will be checking out the camera over Xmas
    Congratulations on your new PRIV. I love the PRIV camera. Practice with it and if you are so inclined, post some of your photos in the PRIV photos sticky here on CrackBerry. You will also find many photos posted there as well as tips, some of which were posted by a BlackBerry employee who worked on the PRIV camera at the time. The camera got several camera software updates after it first came out. Hopefully you are able to get all of them downloaded.
    LianeG likes this.
    12-24-19 04:10 AM
    Congratulations on your new PRIV. I love the PRIV camera. Practice with it and if you are so inclined, post some of your photos in the PRIV photos sticky here on CrackBerry. You will also find many photos posted there as well as tips, some of which were posted by a BlackBerry employee who worked on the PRIV camera at the time. The camera got several camera software updates after it first came out. Hopefully you are able to get all of them downloaded.
    Thanks for the advice. I do remember the camera updating in the playstore when I was setting up the priv. I will use this priv over the holiday season and post some of the photos up. Merry Christmas.
    12-24-19 05:33 AM
    How is your battery life?
    I know you weren't asking me, but I'll chime in anyway since I'm also a new Priv user. Battery life isn't great, as I expected given the large LED screen and thinness of the phone (doesn't leave much room for a big beefy battery) but isn't nearly as bad as I feared after I started reading the complaints on this forum! I rarely let it get down much below 50% without putting it on a charger pad anyway. (And since the charging coil & camera lens are built into the back, we'll never see a third-party replacement back that accommodates a thicker battery, like the one I found for my Samsung Captivate Glide.) I have a charger pad at work and one at home that I got for the old Torch, so it's easy for me to keep it reasonably close to a full charge.

My one big complaint is that the charging coil in the Priv is nowhere near centered. It's way too low and slightly off to one side, making it tricky to get it well-aligned on my little Torch-sized charger pads! I even had to stick something onto the Priv's back to prop it up during charging, since it's top-heavy too. But, it works if you have time to fiddle with it.
    sesp9 and LianeG like this.
    12-26-19 02:08 PM
    I know you weren't asking me, but I'll chime in anyway since I'm also a new Priv user. Battery life isn't great, as I expected given the large LED screen and thinness of the phone (doesn't leave much room for a big beefy battery) but isn't nearly as bad as I feared after I started reading the complaints on this forum! I rarely let it get down much below 50% without putting it on a charger pad anyway. (And since the charging coil & camera lens are built into the back, we'll never see a third-party replacement back that accommodates a thicker battery, like the one I found for my Samsung Captivate Glide.) I have a charger pad at work and one at home that I got for the old Torch, so it's easy for me to keep it reasonably close to a full charge.

My one big complaint is that the charging coil in the Priv is nowhere near centered. It's way too low and slightly off to one side, making it tricky to get it well-aligned on my little Torch-sized charger pads! I even had to stick something onto the Priv's back to prop it up during charging, since it's top-heavy too. But, it works if you have time to fiddle with it.
    I haven't used the charging pad for mine. I use the cord. The battery life has not been so bad unless I have used it heavily. Using it for navigation (Waze), for example, tended to drain it but I haven't used it for that task recently.
    12-27-19 08:34 AM
    Only reason I use wireless charging (despite the finickiness) is that on every phone I've ever had where I used a cord, the USB port has eventually broken, requiring a rather expensive repair. That's been with both the old mini and the new micro USB ports.

That said, I wish BB had stuck with the design of their original phones: a simple pair of charging contacts on the side. Just slip the phone into its charging dock and it works: no muss, no fuss, fast charge, no heating up due to inefficiency in transferring energy. (Just because coil charging is high-tech doesn't mean it's better!) But by the time the Torch came out (long ago) that was no longer an option.

As much as I dislike the iPhone, one thing they got more or less right was their "lightning" connector. I've replaced beaucoup lightning cables for my wife's iPad and iPhone, but those are cheap. She's never had a problem with either device's lightning connector itself.
    12-30-19 04:41 PM
    Only reason I use wireless charging (despite the finickiness) is that on every phone I've ever had where I used a cord, the USB port has eventually broken, requiring a rather expensive repair. That's been with both the old mini and the new micro USB ports.

That said, I wish BB had stuck with the design of their original phones: a simple pair of charging contacts on the side. Just slip the phone into its charging dock and it works: no muss, no fuss, fast charge, no heating up due to inefficiency in transferring energy. (Just because coil charging is high-tech doesn't mean it's better!) But by the time the Torch came out (long ago) that was no longer an option.

As much as I dislike the iPhone, one thing they got more or less right was their "lightning" connector. I've replaced beaucoup lightning cables for my wife's iPad and iPhone, but those are cheap. She's never had a problem with either device's lightning connector itself.
    I so miss being able to do that with my phones. Always bought those little charging stands with my classic BlackBerry phones. Worked great on my old curve 8350i, Style 9670, and the Bold 9930. Still miss the keyboard on the 99xx series phones to this day.
    JHBrandt likes this.
    02-10-20 10:01 PM
    Got mine yesterday. I like the physical keyboard a lot and it's very cool looking all around.
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my Priv" thread!-20200527_095142.jpg  
    05-27-20 08:59 AM
    Took the plunge last week and bought a (almost) NOS example which I received last friday. Never had one before but must admit I do like the slider concept very much ! In fact, I like it so much that I do see a future for a Priv 2.0 (obviously with some adjustments and improvements) in 2021......

Btw: the productivity tab that was pre-installed on the Priv looked a bit different than the upgraded version (as on my Key2) but I kinda liked the older version better. Any thoughts on that ?
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    10-12-20 01:32 AM
    I received my reconditioned BB Priv today! It is such a big step up from my BB Torch, that I love. I only replaced it because my cell network will not support BB OS on January 4, 2022. Sad, but I'm liking the Priv so far. I was able to forward my Torch contacts via Bluetooth (thanks Crackberry forum for that tip). I did the Android update.

Next to figure out how to forward my Outlook calendar from the PC, via a USB, as some of you mentioned that technique.

I will post some other questions as I come to them. I'm grateful to have found this site!
    12-29-21 05:05 PM
    I received my reconditioned BB Priv today! It is such a big step up from my BB Torch, that I love. I only replaced it because my cell network will not support BB OS on January 4, 2022. Sad, but I'm liking the Priv so far. I was able to forward my Torch contacts via Bluetooth (thanks Crackberry forum for that tip). I did the Android update.

Next to figure out how to forward my Outlook calendar from the PC, via a USB, as some of you mentioned that technique.

I will post some other questions as I come to them. I'm grateful to have found this site!
    If you're in the US, you may not have any luck with the Priv either post-3G shutdown in 2022.

Just don't put anything sensitive or do any banking on this 6 year old non-secure device.
    LianeG likes this.
    12-29-21 06:13 PM
    If you're in the US, you may not have any luck with the Priv either post-3G shutdown in 2022.
    Unless it's an AT&T Priv on AT&T.

Just don't put anything sensitive or do any banking on this 6 year old non-secure device.
    True that.
    LianeG likes this.
    12-30-21 01:29 AM
    I just received my Blackberry Priv in March 2022. I love it, really! I's reconditioned, but I have many issues with it (mainly with Google apps) and hope not to have to return it.
    03-20-22 10:25 AM
    I just received my Blackberry Priv in March 2022. I love it, really! I's reconditioned, but I have many issues with it (mainly with Google apps) and hope not to have to return it.
    Try replacing Google with Google Go.
    03-20-22 11:12 AM
    I don't know how but finally by denying permissions from Google play services, I have no more problems with the rest. Thank you for your suggestion but only Google apps depend on the google one, not on Google go.

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-25-22 05:42 AM
    Did my post work?

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-25-22 05:43 AM
    Hello!

I am very excited to announce that I am upgrading from my Passport to NOS Priv. Priv is NOS and have been laying in my shelf for two years while I loved my passport. Time to give up on unresponsiveness, crashes and waiting time that androd apps behave on my passport. I understand the security risks and I consent I have never used an android phone before for myself. Altought I have written some small and simple app for android, heh.
    PS The picture attached to my post is taken with my Passport.
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20220529_040755.jpg  
    05-28-22 08:33 PM
    Got my PRIV after like 7/8 years it went on sale! haha yeah I took some time, but it's there. Of course, battery was so bad, rebooting and lasting 1-2h, was so inconsistent and draining like hell. Just replaced, since it's so easy to do. Well, now it feels new. It's old, slow at times, but like so much the design
    Sigewif likes this.
    11-22-23 08:13 AM
    I fired up my PRîV recently. It was slow but it brought back how great the phone was. My daily driver is a KEY2.
    kayuz6 likes this.
    11-22-23 09:40 AM
    Just picked up a PRIV as my first android device. My work apps no longer working was the last straw for BB10 (Passport). I was looking for a KEY2 but a good deal on a mint condition PRIV was too good to pass.
    01-19-24 07:19 PM
    Just picked up a PRIV as my first android device. My work apps no longer working was the last straw for BB10 (Passport). I was looking for a KEY2 but a good deal on a mint condition PRIV was too good to pass.
    Hopefully your work apps will work on the Priv, bearing in mind it’s nearly as out of date as BB10.
    01-20-24 05:19 AM
721 ... 272829