You would get updates whenever AT&T decides to finally get around to doing so. If you can buy direct from BlackBerry, I would strongly suggest doing so, unless the device subsidy though AT&T is an important factor, you are better off (both in the long run and short run) getting the device directly from ShopBlackBerry.com
    Thanks, that's what I was thinking!
    10-16-16 10:26 PM
    I have the G4 as well and here are my initial thoughts on moving to the Priv.

Pros of the BlackBerry Priv

• Build quality feels just a tad better. Not going to be noticeable by most but it's nicer to have a well built phone.
    • Battery life is longer, it's enough to make a noticeable impact on usage.
    • The keyboard on the Priv is just awesome. I know many people don't like the keyboard or think it pales in comparison, but as someone who's owned a Q10 and 9900 as well, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the keyboard on the Priv. That alone for me would be a big selling point.
    • Monthly security updates are also pretty neat, I also do like the BlackBerry apps that have been added on such as BlackBerry Calendar.

Pros for the LG G4

• The G4 has a great health App, I wouldn't rely on Google Fit but I haven't really found anything on Google play which seems to compare to the native App from LG
    • Laser autofocus on the G4 camera makes it super fast for macro photography, you can really see the speed of focusing when you have a dimly lit environment and are taking a close up.
    • Front camera will on the LG G4 is just way better. If the front camera needs to be top notch, the Priv is not for you.
    • LG has some great smart settings which allow for your sound profiles to be toggled on and off based on location and certain apps to launch when you turn on bluetooth etc, among other neat features, which again look to be LG UX additions to Android rather than a feature implemented in stock Android.

As an owner of both devices, I really have a hard time deciding which is better.

Although I give a slight, a very very very very slight edge to the Priv, mainly for the monthly patches, keyboard, and BlackBerry software additions.

Both phones are great and you really can't go wrong with either. My bottom line is if you do not need the keyboard, go for the G4, if it's found for that low of a price (amazing price for the G4) then definitely go with the G4. Although buyer beware it does have a bootloop problem, so hopefully the unit is manufactured after September 2015.

Feel free to comment or PM me as well if you've got specific questions about comparisons with the G4 and Priv!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hi,

I also have the LG and I was looking to upgrade, but my used G4 plus an extra 200 GBP would be the cost of if it.
    At this point I feel it is not woth it.
    10-23-16 01:44 AM
    Hi,

I also have the LG and I was looking to upgrade, but my used G4 plus an extra 200 GBP would be the cost of if it.
    At this point I feel it is not woth it.
    Don't do it, it won't be worth it.
    10-23-16 09:16 AM
    About three weeks ago, I recieved a Priv from United States (I'm living in South America). It turned out that it didn't work...
    Today I recieved a battery I bought and after replacing it, my Priv works!
    Locked to T-Mobile, but the unlocking can wait!
    10-26-16 12:08 PM
    I got mines

I'm a bit late, but oh well �\_(ツ)_/�
    10-26-16 04:27 PM
    Ecuador. Just replaced my used Priv with a brand new one. Will sell the used one soon. All 3 phones purchased from blackberry.com

Official "I got my Priv" thread!-dsc_3800.jpg
    10-26-16 10:22 PM
    Just got a priv!!!!!!
    Bay 13, Paraliotis3 and Sigewif like this.
    10-28-16 08:21 PM
    Ecuador. Just replaced my used Priv with a brand new one. Will sell the used one soon. All 3 phones purchased from blackberry.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3800.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	410694
    Que colecci�n! Que te hizo querer cambiar el usado si no te molesta mi pregunta? Saludo!

< Z30 STA100-2 >
    10-29-16 03:40 PM
    Just got it on Saturday. Free on a 2 year contract! Really liking all the BB software that's included.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-14-16 08:46 AM
    This is very helpful. I have an original early priv and mine has the same creaks in the slider, clicks when pressing the back, etc I recently wiped it and reloaded and it now runs way better - way better battery but I wish it was a better build quality. Anyone else have a newer priv? Same story?
    11-18-16 06:28 PM
    Now the price of the Priv is reduced in the UK store to 288 GBP. It is getting a really good deal.
    so crow likes this.
    11-23-16 03:04 AM
    just ordered mine. it will be delivered tomorrow.
    fanBBRY and so crow like this.
    11-23-16 08:54 AM
    Picked mine up from the BlackBerry store in NYC two days ago. For $299 it was a great price that couldn't be passed up.

As a side note, they didn't know the price dropped until I notified them to check the shop BlackBerry website lol.

They honored the price no problem and we're shocked at the price.
    so crow likes this.
    11-23-16 09:40 AM
    I have just got mine.
    STV100-4 UK version
    It will take a few days to completly move my stuff over, but I'm excited!
    11-24-16 09:18 AM
    Woot, go Black Friday deals! Arrived at my work yesterday, had a hard time ignoring it, also didn't sleep much due to playing with the new toy. So far an improvement over my Z10. One thing though, I miss my Triage quick commands from the BB10 Hub!
    11-25-16 07:44 AM
    Omg I Just received my PRIV! Coming erom a DTEK50 this device is Just so kuch more premium. It hasnt turn Hot or whatever except when updating it. I die have a creaky screen at The bottom but fixed it with a pair or string hands. But living it so far. Love having a physical keyboard again!
    11-26-16 03:30 AM
    Had used a BlackBerry Pearl 9100 back in the day, and then had upgraded to a Z10 when it was released. I had then used a couple iPhones, but just received my BlackBerry PRIV today to be used as my daily driver! Taking the time to set it up, and loving the experience so far!
    Gotta love the phone for the Black Friday price!
    11-28-16 01:24 PM

I'm quite happy with the priv so far
    Moving from the Z30 (and q10 for like a month) to the Huawei p9 to the BlackBerry priv
    I'm in love with keyboard haven't really had any heating issues gets a bit warm whilst charging but nothing I haven't experienced on any other smartphone
    I don't have any give way or mushyness on my back panel which is nice
    The Huawei does however beats the priv slightly on the back facing camera and demolishes it in the front facing camera. I think I'll probably miss the fingerprint sensor on the back of my Huawei if they enabled scroll on it in any app like how this keyboard works I doubt I would have purchased the priv. I got it during the black Friday deals and I haven't looked back
    I really like the peek feature which I find much better than apples force touch
    11-28-16 07:31 PM
    I must say after a couple of days with The PRIV still very satisfied especially for The price I paid. But I do realize this device is not perfect. Compared to my Passport The built quality is not As premium and it all feels abit shakey and wobbly and plastic. I love the glass weave back but it is nowhere as strongly built as it was on the Q10 and Z30
    12-01-16 09:23 AM
    Has anyone with experience with Q5 used the Priv yet? Keyboards look similar but I wonder if the feel is the same. Love the Q5 for typing but with BB10 apps falling off and small screen size I decided to try something new. Thanks for your feedback.
    12-02-16 07:00 AM
    Has anyone with experience with Q5 used the Priv yet? Keyboards look similar but I wonder if the feel is the same. Love the Q5 for typing but with BB10 apps falling off and small screen size I decided to try something new. Thanks for your feedback.
    I own a red Q10 and just got the Priv a few days ago during the Black Friday sale.

The Priv keys are softer than the Q10 but still a joy to use in a different way. It's only been a few days for me but already my muscle memory is kicking in and I'm hitting the keys without looking. It has the touch enabled feature like the Passport has. I'm gonna adjust to this keyboard just fine.

The bigger screen is awesome and it's a joy to use a Blackberry with the world of Android apps at your finger tips.

I highly suggest you pull the trigger next time it goes on sale. I'll be buying another one as backup just in case anything ever happens to this one.

I'm loving my Priv!
    12-02-16 05:55 PM
    I went from the q5 to the priv... It's difficult to compare. They have two different feels but I enjoy both. The Q5 is more "clicky" and responsive whereas the priv is much smoother and intelligent. Keep in mind that the buttons are separated on the q5 so it is a totally different typing experience from any of the BB10 phones.
    12-03-16 02:50 PM
    So larger but close together buttons on the Priv?

Also got one today by courier which is a gift so don't want to open to check; but is it normal for something in the box to noticeably move back and forth if the package is lifted and shaken (gently)? Don't want to disturb the packaging to check condition, but would be huge disappointment at Christmas if this was damaged. Thanks again.
    Last edited by rfin16; 12-03-16 at 04:16 PM.
    12-03-16 03:59 PM
    Hi All,

I received a new BB Priv 11 days ago and I would like to share my initial experience with the phone as a thank you to all of the Crackberry forums users because their posts were helpful prior to purchasing the BB Priv. For details on why my immediate family (myself, spouse, and two kids) chose to purchase the BB Priv, see Family chooses BB Priv even the teenagers! (long post).

Summary
    Compared to the three previous smart phones I have owned (i.e., Palm Pre, Nokia N900, and Firefox Flame), the BB Priv is a huge step up in hardware power and capability. What I am appreciating so far is the display, battery, physical/virtual keyboards, connectivity, rear camera, and owncloud/nextcloud integration. After using a BB Priv, I am sold on the idea that a BB phone is better value compared to non-BB phones (including Google Pixel) because of BB productivity apps, OS enhancements, great hardware, and competitive/affordable pricing.

Display in Detail
    The physical hardware of the display feels high quality. The most noticeable high quality feel of the display is the metal ridge that surrounds the display. Because it is metal and I touch it every time I flip up the keyboard, it give the phone a very sturdy feel. For me, the curved sides gives the phone a sleek look. A co-worker purchased a Google Pixel, which has plastic on all sides, and I have to say that the BB Priv design of the display appears more professional where to me the Pixel looks generic.

Battery
    The large batter gives the phone a weighty feel, which I like. The battery life is surprising longer and charges quicker than I expected. I have managed to get up to 2 days on a single charge. However, to get this kind of battery life my usage is likely to be far less than the average smart phone user. My usage consists of 5 calls per day, 20-25 text messages, 2 hours of video watching, 30 minutes of a transit app (consumes data constantly), and maybe an occasional website. My wallpaper is mostly black and the brightness setting at 35-40%. The only other app I use that consumers data significantly is BBM. As I use the Priv more during the day, I am certain my battery life will become shorter. With batter at 25%, the phone charges in about 2-3 hours with stock charger unit that came with the Priv.

Physical/Virtual Keyboards
    I use the PKB most and it is great. I love the swipe up gesture that inserts entire words. Although I have never been a fast typist on a phone, I no longer send messages from my phone with spelling errors because of the swipe up gesture. I am thoroughly enjoying typing messages on the Priv.

Connectivity
    With my previous phone (2G/3G Flame running FirefoxOS) I had zero indoor connectivity at home as well as at work. One of the reasons for choosing BB Priv, as compared to other BB phones, is that BB Priv is the only phone to be fully compatible with my service provider (T-Mobile). Although the indoor connectivity is not high (i.e., 2 bars rather than 4-5), I am still able to receive a phone call, BBM, or text messages. Thus, I am quite pleased. I am also happy to report that wifi calling is also working. I did nothing on the phone to enable wifi calling, it just worked. Note that I obtained a new sim card for the Priv from a local T-Mobile store, which may be reason why wifi calling worked with minimal fuss. The Priv has far superior connectivity compared to my previous phone, which is the same for my spouse and two kids because their previous phones were 3G only.

Rear Camera
    I have only used the camera a little bit; however, the images are highly detailed. The camera works very well in moderately low lighting. It is the best camera on a phone that I have owned and I look forward to using it. As I use the camera more, I will follow up with additional posts.

Owncloud Integration
    One of the reasons we purchased the BB Priv is the security/privacy. I prefer to keep as much of my personal life off the machines of corporations. Thus, I use owncloud/nextcloud and integration of the Priv with owncloud/nextcloud was of interest. I am quite pleased that I am able to integrate BB Calendar and BB Contacts with the Owncloud/Nextcloud calendar and contacts app. Because I use Gnome desktop environment, I am now able to seamlessly sync calendar and contacts between my phone, laptop, and desktops without third-party apps on either the phone or laptop/desktop. I am a true geek because this excites me greatly I installed Total Commander for file management and happy that this app also integrates with owncloud/nextcloud.

Concluding Remarks
    Although I am not an Android fan, Blackberry has provided a phone (Priv) that I can use and appreciate. After using a BB Priv for a short time, I am sold on the idea that a BB phone is better value compared to non-BB phones (including Google Pixel) because of BB productivity apps, OS enhancements, great hardware, and competitive/affordable pricing. It will be interesting to see if I feel this same way one-year from now. I am thankful to Blackberry Corporation and hope that they continue to provide phones for years to come.
    12-04-16 07:29 AM
    Yes I just got it 2 weeks ago! It's amazing device so happy to have it any issues,very very pleased it's unique device!
    I am located in Greece
    And I got it from clove technology uk.
    DenimAndLeather and so crow like this.
    12-05-16 02:34 PM
721 ... 2122232425 ...