I was wondering which device you would keep as a back up to your KEY2. But of course, it has to be the PRIV! I would do the same.
    Exactly. No doubt PRIV.
    08-02-18 05:41 PM
    is it too late now in mid 2018 to get myself a Priv?
    08-02-18 08:40 PM
    is it too late now in mid 2018 to get myself a Priv?
    You can pick PRIV one up at a good price I seem them on Amazon for example. Remember though NO more updates beyond Nougat for OS. Works fine.

You also have good deals on KEYone so the choice is yours.
    08-03-18 01:16 AM
    Its been about 3 weeks since I received my priv and so far im loving it. Im getting about 4 hours of screen on time. The only problem im having is that t-mobile will not unlock my device. Even though its paid off and i havent been able to buy an unlock code
    Wipe it, return it, get one elsewhere unlocked from the get-go... a good device if you limit your demands as far as lots of added apps that will get you into lag & heat & such…
    08-19-18 03:00 PM
    Enjoy your PRIV. Using mine 2yrs and works perfectly fine. Will alongside KEY2 on the way.
    Hi, got my Priv it's been almost two years already. My Priv Stv100-4 has a dark secret: it has no radio and no wireless charging capability.
    In all other respects, an amazing phone! Love it
    08-25-18 03:35 AM
    Got it for 190$, almost 10/10 condition. What a beauty. How did I miss this way back in 2015? I have bought it as a backup, with my iPhone X as my daily driver. No heating issues so far. Battery is good. The design and display are beautiful. Blackberry should discontinue the not so impressive designs of the Key series, and work on making a Priv 2, as it would be the real deal.
    PRIVuser2018 likes this.
    09-03-18 10:49 AM
    First of all, greetings from Poland everyone!
    I've been spying this forum for a while now, but just now became a part of Blackberry family.

Got mine stv100-4 3 days ago. I fell in love with Priv since I first saw it and it was my dream to get it some day. I used 3" Xperia Mango untill now, so it literally is a HUGE change for me.

I write a lot mainly in Polish an Japanese so the best change is that I don't have to download any app to use those languages - which became pretty impossible with my outdated Mango (Well, I guess it works for all the new phones, but I don't want to hear about phones without physical keyboard, so it still counts! xD)

I worried about battery life. I've read a lot of bad opinions about it. But I'm positively surprised, because it lasts 2-2,5 days for me. Nice result since it's a used phone.

The only thing I really miss in Priv is a lack of strap hole, because I love to put tons of straps on every device I have (Yes, I'm a woman xD). But I'll figure something out.

Don't really care about specs and stuff.

I hope I get used to its size and may it live long! ♥

Small comparison

Official "I got my Priv" thread!-mangovspriv.jpg

Cheers!

PS. If anyone is interested in the prices here, it's ~2000zł (~542 USD) for new. I got used one 9/10 condition for 399zł (~108 USD)
    Last edited by Czos Sosnkowy; 09-29-18 at 07:18 AM.
    Sigewif, krazyatom and valer466 like this.
    09-29-18 06:46 AM
    Hi !

And welcome in te Blackberry World.

I love your wallpaper, could you upload it please.
    I don't care about the resolution, i have a priv too.
    If you have any problems, we are here to help you

Welcome again
    Czos Sosnkowy likes this.
    09-29-18 11:56 AM
    I've had my PRIV for 2 years or so. - absolutely love it. important to put another SD card in for more storage - I use the sandisk 128gb, then download exfat to connect it
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.exfat
    Rico4you and Sigewif like this.
    12-07-18 11:12 AM
    I've had my PRIV for 2 years or so. - absolutely love it. important to put another SD card in for more storage - I use the sandisk 128gb, then download exfat to connect it
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.exfat
    I have had my Priv for 3 years. I still love it and use it as a backup to my KEYone.
    Rico4you and riccorich like this.
    12-17-18 04:40 AM
    Woohoo! Just bought a Priv in 2019.
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20190415_174157.jpg   Official "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20190508_151549.jpg  
    Rico4you, valer466, sesp9 and 1 others like this.
    05-08-19 02:19 PM
    Woohoo! Just bought a Priv in 2019.
    Interesting customization.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-08-19 02:40 PM
    Sure is!
    05-08-19 03:58 PM
    There are white as well as beige tempered glass protectors for the Priv.

I had decked out one of my Privs in all white with a skin and one of those protectorsOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-518889966.jpegOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-110835483.jpegOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-103874536.jpegOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-500791986.jpegOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-7643646.jpeg
    Rico4you, valer466, sesp9 and 1 others like this.
    05-08-19 07:09 PM
    There are white as well as beige tempered glass protectors for the Priv.

I had decked out one of my Privs in all white with a skin and one of those protectors
    Ahh, I see. I wasn't even aware those existed or if I was aware, I forgot. Thanks for clarifying.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-08-19 07:11 PM
    Hi all. New Priv owner here. I know I'm very late to the party; wish I'd seen these 2 or 3 years ago!

Unlike many, I don't need the latest / greatest. I stuck with a BlackBerry Torch as long as I could, but eventually I couldn't really use it anymore as the Internet updated to TLS 1.2 and new super-duper security (for downloading things like public podcasts!) that the Torch didn't support.

I tried my wife's old Samsung Captivate Glide (Android 4.0) when she got a new iPhone but had many of the same issues. And the USB port had been replaced; still worked as a charger port but not as USB, so I was locked out from any hope of rooting it and updating to Android 4.4. Besides, I missed the BB keyboard. The Captivate has a nice keyboard but was cumbersome to use without the BB's shortcuts (long-press for capital letters, double-space for '. ', space for @ and . in an email address, etc.)

Finally, I got moved to a new office deeper in my company's building and needed 700 MHz cell service to have any hope of getting texts in here.

So I looked around, found used Privs on eBay, and it was love at first sight. A slider just like my Torch, with an honest-to-goodness BB keyboard, band 12/17 compatibility, and Android 5 (and a pleasant surprise, updateable to Android 6, just like my wife's Android tablet)!

A few tiny downsides: all these new phones lack removable backs! So if the battery ever needs replacing, it's an expensive repair - and you can't replace the battery and back with bigger ones for longer use between charges, as I'd done with the Samsung. But (another pleasant surprise) at least it has built-in wireless charging, so I won't be wearing out the USB port just charging the phone.

Also, I miss the Torch's rounded corners. The Priv's sharper corners often resist me when I try to slide it into a pocket.

It's also a lot more finicky getting it positioned just right on the charger pad than the Torch (with a replacement PowerMat back) was.

But those quibbles aside, I'm quite pleased with my new Priv.
    sesp9, Sigewif and Czos Sosnkowy like this.
    11-25-19 10:59 AM
    Hi all. New Priv owner here. I know I'm very late to the party; wish I'd seen these 2 or 3 years ago!

Unlike many, I don't need the latest / greatest. I stuck with a BlackBerry Torch as long as I could, but eventually I couldn't really use it anymore as the Internet updated to TLS 1.2 and new super-duper security (for downloading things like public podcasts!) that the Torch didn't support.

I tried my wife's old Samsung Captivate Glide (Android 4.0) when she got a new iPhone but had many of the same issues. And the USB port had been replaced; still worked as a charger port but not as USB, so I was locked out from any hope of rooting it and updating to Android 4.4. Besides, I missed the BB keyboard. The Captivate has a nice keyboard but was cumbersome to use without the BB's shortcuts (long-press for capital letters, double-space for '. ', space for @ and . in an email address, etc.)

Finally, I got moved to a new office deeper in my company's building and needed 700 MHz cell service to have any hope of getting texts in here.

So I looked around, found used Privs on eBay, and it was love at first sight. A slider just like my Torch, with an honest-to-goodness BB keyboard, band 12/17 compatibility, and Android 5 (and a pleasant surprise, updateable to Android 6, just like my wife's Android tablet)!

A few tiny downsides: all these new phones lack removable backs! So if the battery ever needs replacing, it's an expensive repair - and you can't replace the battery and back with bigger ones for longer use between charges, as I'd done with the Samsung. But (another pleasant surprise) at least it has built-in wireless charging, so I won't be wearing out the USB port just charging the phone.

Also, I miss the Torch's rounded corners. The Priv's sharper corners often resist me when I try to slide it into a pocket.

It's also a lot more finicky getting it positioned just right on the charger pad than the Torch (with a replacement PowerMat back) was.

Enjoy your Priv!!

And if one day you feel like changing the battery, it's not a hard job at all. It's actually one of the easier phones to do it on due to the fact that the back panel is not glued shut like most glass slabs of today.
    sesp9 likes this.
    11-25-19 09:16 PM

Congratulations on your Priv I too recently purchased a new unlocked Priv from the bay and I’m awaiting its arrival sometime this week. Hopefully before thanksgiving. I’m just bored with today’s phones and miss the physical keyboard of a real Blackberry. The Priv was the last in house blackberry phone made and it is a slider! The torch was also a fantastic device and I was glad to have owned it back in the day. A real fun device and the Priv should be as well. Enjoy!
    Sigewif, Rico4you and axllebeer like this.
    11-25-19 09:57 PM

Congratulations on your new Priv! I am very fond of the Priv. Mine just turned 4 (!) and I still use it occasionally even though my KEY2 is my daily driver now. It is a beautiful phone. Treat it gently and it will serve you well. One thing I found it would struggle with was using it for things like GPS (with Waze or Google maps). I use other devices for that. It takes marvelous photos. Check out the PRIV stickies photos thread. Add some of your own if you are so inclined.
    Rico4you, sesp9 and the_boon like this.
    11-29-19 12:56 AM
    Has your Priv arrived yet? Mine turned 4 years old on Nov. 24th. I remember the excitement of when it arrived. I still use mine, usually on on Wi-Fi. I love the big screen. (I have a KEY2 as my daily driver).
    11-29-19 12:59 AM
    Congratulations on your Priv I too recently purchased a new unlocked Priv from the bay and I’m awaiting its arrival sometime this week. Hopefully before thanksgiving. I’m just bored with today’s phones and miss the physical keyboard of a real Blackberry. The Priv was the last in house blackberry phone made and it is a slider! The torch was also a fantastic device and I was glad to have owned it back in the day. A real fun device and the Priv should be as well. Enjoy!
    Yes congrats on your PRIV. I use mine daily alongside my KEY2.
    Besides tips mentioned like LOCATION keeping it off also clear regularly the CACHE in storage settings. Also don't open apps in background constantly. It's a great phone with an awesome screen. Enjoy!
    sesp9 and Sigewif like this.
    11-29-19 01:12 AM
    I know I'm late to the party but, oh yeah I got myself a Priv of a well known auction site. This is in mint condition ( that I can see) I love this phone already, the swipe up is perfect and the space bar works each and every time.
    The screen is clear and great for watching YouTube videos on.
    The speaker is amazing on a phone call and is very clear sounding, also sounds good with videos.
    Ok I know it'll get no more OS updates etc but I just had to get it. I only use apps from the playstore and don't think I will put my banking app or Google pay on it especially after how I've seen how easy it was for my K2 to have been ' interfered with by TCL '. I know this is not made by TCL but it was a wake up call.
    I haven't even tried the camera yet but tomorrow's another day lol.
    I've been setting it up all afternoon so will test it over the next couple of days.
    I'm sorry I never got one when it first came out but at that time I was locked into a phone contract and needs must.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by falbo; 12-23-19 at 04:16 PM.
    Rico4you, sesp9, axllebeer and 2 others like this.
    12-23-19 03:46 PM
    I know I'm late to the party but, oh yeah I got myself a Priv of a well known auction site. This is in mint condition ( that I can see) I love this phone already, the swipe up is perfect and the space bar works each and every time.
    The speaker is amazing on a phone call and is very clear sounding, also sounds good with videos.
    Ok I know it'll get no more OS updates etc but I just had to get it. I only use apps from the playstore and don't think I will put my banking app or Google pay on it especially after how I've seen how easy it was for my K2 to have been ' interfered with by TCL '. I know this is not made by TCL but it was a wake up call.
    I've been setting it up all afternoon so will test it over the next couple of days.
    I'm sorry I never got one when it first came out but at that time I was locked into a phone contract and needs must.
    Thanks for reading.
    How is your battery life?
    12-23-19 05:26 PM
    Ya know, in optimal lighting I have been able to get better pictures from the Priv than Pixel phones. It's rare, but it does happen from time time.

Posted via the BlackBerry keyboard from my Pixel 3aXL

Thanks for reading.
    12-23-19 07:46 PM
    How is your battery life?
    I've just got the priv and spent most of the time setting it up and downloading apps etc so I will monitor the battery over the next few days. Out of the box I think it was 60% then at about 16% I put it on the charger, took about two hours to charge then used it for a while before bedtime, it's switched off know as I haven't surfaced yet ! Will be using it once I waken lol.
    Sigewif and sesp9 like this.
    12-24-19 02:27 AM
721 ... 26272829