Picked one up for my daughter yesterday and today grab another one for my son. House hold now has two Passport and two Priv.
    11-08-15 06:04 PM
    I am glad my wireless carrier chose a simple black box with white and medium grey lettering. It is the small details. LOL Enjoy your BlackBerry priv from AT&T.
    11-08-15 06:21 PM
    I am glad my wireless carrier chose a simple black box with white and medium grey lettering. It is the small details. LOL Enjoy your BlackBerry priv from AT&T.
    Packaging is not that important....Its what inside that counts. After all your not going around showing everyone the box right.....
    qwerty4ever, bokyo102 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-08-15 06:24 PM
    Is it effortless to slide open with one thumb? Does it feel solid?
    You can slide open the keyboard with one hand using only your thumb. However, I caution you to hold the BlackBerry Priv securely in your hand or be gentle while pressing your thumb against the bottom edge of the screen. Don't want your expensive new smartphone crashing to the floor or ground. The resistance is perfect; there is no way the keyboard will slide-out without your thumb. The BlackBerry Priv feels solid because it is a solidly built device. I miss the microHDMI port of my BlackBerry Z10 though, but a small concession in the overall scheme.
    poloandpearls likes this.
    11-08-15 06:28 PM
    Got mine Friday, first at AT&T store in Seal Beach, CA! Even the store reps were excited. Three days in and I haven't been this happy with a phone in ages. Cannot put it down, mainly cause it just feels so darn niceAttachment 379660Attachment 379660. Got to test the camera out Saturday night when this UFO (later confirmed missile test) showed up over Long Beach. You will never be defeated, Waterloo!
    11-08-15 07:08 PM
    I know this thread is for those that got their PRIV but I went into an AT&T store and played with one. Very impressed with the sliding mechanism and the keyboard. It can take a few days to get adjusted to everything but with more frequent updates things should be better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-08-15 07:14 PM
    Picked up mine on Friday and the first one I had was defective so I returned it. Couldn't wait till Saturday morning to exchange it. After the exchange the second one works like a charm!! Still trying to adjust to the blackberry features and keyboard.

My new favorite device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 09:43 PM
    Picked up mine on Friday and the first one I had was defective so I returned it. Couldn't wait till Saturday morning to exchange it. After the exchange the second one works like a charm!! Still trying to adjust to the blackberry features and keyboard.

My new favorite device.

In what way was it defective? I'm picking up a Priv this week and I want to know what to look out for before I walk out of the store with it.
    11-08-15 10:18 PM
    I got mine today (rogers).

works as expected. The screen is much nicer then my iphone 6 or passport. The keyboard is wider then i expected which is great. The hub works awesome for me, and is why i can run android. I was tired of my iphone 6 after 4 months since i had to jump between apps for all my messaging.. And well, all i do is message people (corporate email, personal, twitter, bbm, txt. etc)
    poloandpearls likes this.
    11-09-15 04:14 PM
    I got my Priv today! It is beautiful. It's much larger than any phone I've owned. It makes my Q10 feel like a toy! I'm still trying to find my way around Android. Loving it so far.
    There weren't enough pictures on this thread, so I uploaded a bunch. Enjoy
    Official "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181256-1-.jpgOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181303-1-.jpgOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181313-1-.jpgOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181317-1-.jpgOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181348.jpgOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181420.jpgOfficial "I got my Priv" thread!-img_20151109_181430-1-.jpg
    11-09-15 06:53 PM
    Carguy, what did you use to take those pretty pictures?

Congrats on your new BlackBerry. Enjoy!
    11-09-15 09:20 PM
    Carguy, what did you use to take those pretty pictures?

Congrats on your new BlackBerry. Enjoy!
    I actually used my Q10 to take the photos. It's a pretty decent camera for close-up shots.

I'm sure the 10 megapixel advantage the Priv has over the Q10 will not disappoint!
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    11-09-15 09:48 PM
    I actually used my Q10 to take the photos. It's a pretty decent camera for close-up shots.

I'm sure the 10 megapixel advantage the Priv has over the Q10 will not disappoint!
    More so of the lens too
    11-09-15 10:38 PM
    Another issue I'm having is the left side of the screen clicks as if it is separated. Sometimes clicks don't register or touches register as long touches.
    11-10-15 01:01 PM
    I ordered in the very first hours on Oct 23. NOTHING. This item still has not shipped. Very disappointed!
    11-10-15 01:20 PM
    to be honest i think any of us would do the same thing either way if you cancel your pre-order you still only have one physically in hand opening up the other one for someone else
    'cept you delayed them from getting one sooner and added a ton of logistics, which also slows things down. Meanwhile, you're probably tying up their call center...
    11-10-15 01:51 PM
    'cept you delayed them from getting one sooner and added a ton of logistics, which also slows things down. Meanwhile, you're probably tying up their call center...
    excuses excuses digital river and bb are half assssed about every thing they do
    11-10-15 01:54 PM
    excuses excuses digital river and bb are half assssed about every thing they do
    It's been documented many, many times that ShopBlackBerry/Digital River gets overwhelmed whenever there are spikes in orders.

I was commenting about your buy two and canceling/returning one, how it's no big deal. It is a big deal because you prevented someone from receiving it sooner since the item is allocated to you. There's logistics involved in freeing up the item, especially with Digital River when they're overwhelmed and how they generally operate.
    11-10-15 02:02 PM
    It's been documented many, many times that ShopBlackBerry/Digital River gets overwhelmed whenever there are spikes in orders.

I was commenting about your buy two and canceling/returning one, how it's no big deal. It is a big deal because you prevented someone from receiving it sooner since the item is allocated to you. There's logistics involved in freeing up the item, especially with Digital River when they're overwhelmed and how they generally operate.
    this phone launched on the 6th how many people who "pre-ordered" thru shopp bb actually have their phones
    11-10-15 02:08 PM
    Today is the day I got my priv from shop BlackBerry. Not sure what I want to do with the one I got from att. Lol.

11-10-15 02:42 PM
    this phone launched on the 6th how many people who "pre-ordered" thru shopp bb actually have their phones
    Got mine today. In the USA.

11-10-15 02:43 PM
    Well, if you're wondering, you're in the right thread, though maybe you're just ignoring the posts from people who have received theirs, like the post below yours.
    11-10-15 03:14 PM
    Just a follow up to some of the concerns I've seem in other reviews. The camera is faster. And much faster since all the apps where updated today. There is only milliseconds between pressing the button and the picture being taken. The detail in the pictures are amazin!
    dietertong and pilot-leo like this.
    11-10-15 03:49 PM
    Well, if you're wondering, you're in the right thread, though maybe you're just ignoring the posts from people who have received theirs, like the post below yours.
    look again from shopbb how many have gotten theirs 2-3 ? the people who have these got them from a store a att which were stocking 2-3 phones at the most the people who ordered from shopp bb did get screwed because they paid way in advance for a phone they were supposed to get first and got last. if you still think bb and digital river know what they are doing then more power to you
    11-10-15 04:40 PM
    look again from shopbb how many have gotten theirs 2-3 ? the people who have these got them from a store a att which were stocking 2-3 phones at the most the people who ordered from shopp bb did get screwed because they paid way in advance for a phone they were supposed to get first and got last. if you still think bb and digital river know what they are doing then more power to you
    There's been a bunch of people who have received them, certainly a lot more than 2-3! And that will only increase in the next few days.

The only people who paid way in advance are the people who paid with PayPal and that's a result of how PayPal is handled by Digital River. Direct credit card orders weren't charged way in advance.

I've been here long enough to have seen the Passport, Classic and Z30 sales on ShopBlackBerry. I know what they're like. If you're not in a hurry, they deliver; otherwise, it's best to buy from elsewhere.
    11-10-15 06:10 PM
721 ... 56789 ...