Wow, that was painful to watch. All that touching, rearranging the hands to touch different aspects of the OS. Absolutely lacks the fluidity and efficiency of BB10 with physical buttons. Bleh. Reminds me what drove me mad with Android.
    It's just too long when open - that point will get hammered in android reviews.
    10-16-15 03:46 PM
    yeah...i never got one to let me know about this video.
    Same here. Never got one and I signed up with two email addresses.
    10-16-15 03:51 PM
    Anyone see how many comments are on this video on Youtube versus the rest of the video ever put out by BB?

Very promising.
    10-16-15 03:56 PM
    Actually I just realized that the Hub as it is shown in this video was visible since March when they posted this video introducing the BlackBerry Experience Suite:

The video should start at 55 seconds in (EDIT: Didn't realize it would embed... so just skip to 0:55), where they show the apps that will be ported and screenshots follow. I noticed that Blend was also being ported, which makes me happy.
    10-16-15 04:03 PM
    I just noticed the date on screen: 30 September. That means that on September, the 30th, the phone was already 'ready to sell'. I can't imagine BlackBerry making a video of an "incomplete" device.. So that, maybe, the rumored/leaked date of the 6th of November is becoming more and more reasonable ;-)

Posted via CB10
    -Puck- likes this.
    10-16-15 04:17 PM
    what we need now is a full on review of the phone
    I agree. I wonder if they'll be dribbling out small snippets, to keep our appetites whetted.
    10-16-15 04:21 PM
    Caution, iVerge increasingly panicked after seeing this video

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/16/9...keyboard-video
    10-16-15 04:26 PM
    Looks pretty good but the Passport form factor has really grown on me.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 05:04 PM
    Hoping a tempered glass screen protector is available before release as well.
    10-16-15 05:08 PM
    Actually I just realized that the Hub as it is shown in this video was visible since March when they posted this video introducing the BlackBerry Experience Suite:

The video should start at 55 seconds in (EDIT: Didn't realize it would embed... so just skip to 0:55), where they show the apps that will be ported and screenshots follow. I noticed that Blend was also being ported, which makes me happy.
    That was all created before March 2015. Those screen images look more like screen renders (no phone parts visible) than photographs. Other than what we have seen of the Productivity Suite on the Priv, BlackBerry hasn't release any information about the availability of the Android or IOS versions of the Experience Suite.
    10-16-15 05:26 PM
    So Chen first goes and makes the one page one image teaser website by himself and the logo for Priv! Btw good work CEO. And then he goes and singlehandedly makes this promo video, he even picks up the soundtrack by himself as well. Men saves hundred of thousands on marketing I tell ya.
    10-16-15 05:38 PM
    I thought the curved displays were supposed to be functional.
    Did anyone see any purvy curvy gimmicks in the video?
    Cause I didn't.
    10-16-15 06:20 PM
    I thought the curved displays were supposed to be functional.
    Did anyone see any purvy curvy gimmicks in the video?
    Cause I didn't.
    They didn't show anything, but it has been confirmed that it should work the same as the Galaxy S6 Edge since it has the same grey bar on the right edge of the screen as shown here.

Discussed in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11997831
    Attached Thumbnails Official BlackBerry Priv video-priv-cw-front-screen-edge.jpg  
    10-16-15 06:29 PM
    I must say that that video was Apple-esque. Great job BlackBerry, now just take my hard earned money.
    Now if they can show that on TV.
    10-16-15 06:31 PM
    Hub looks great. Catchy little video with that snap shut at the end. But boy, that's a lot of hand movement to get anything done. Makes me want to boot up my Q10 again.

Posted via CB10
    Yes a lot of hand movement. They should have done this with the passport instead.
    10-16-15 06:31 PM
    Finally!

Hopefully this early November launch rumor is true!

Keep the momentum going $BBRY
    10-16-15 06:57 PM
    I <3 the hub.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-16-15 07:06 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:45 PM
    I cant help but notice the 3 dots right below the center word prediction.
    Curious if It brings up a VKB of numbers or something.
    10-16-15 08:21 PM
    It appears that the keyboard of PRIV functions like that of Passport . . . but perhaps it does not display any row of virtual keyboard for numbers.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/...port-keyboard/

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:21 PM
    It appears that the keyboard of PRIV functions like that of Passport . . . but perhaps it does not display any row of virtual keyboard for numbers.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/...port-keyboard/

Posted via CB10
    It has the keyboard like the q10 and classic have, with numbers on it, so it doesn't need the virtual keyboard because everything is on the PKB using the shift key
    10-16-15 09:36 PM
    Hub looks really good. The device itself looks great. The video was pretty amateur. There's absolutely no reason to show a person reaching all the way up to tap a message. Absolutely none. Even when "phablet" phones were hitting the market, NONE of their videos demonstrated the user reaching up to tap things (even though it does happen in reality!). This is just a poor video. Especially since for many users, this was their first official encounter in video form with the device. Not good at all.

The downside of this device isn't going to be software or hardware (as they both seem amazing), it's just going to be a poor marketing team who keeps fumbling the ball. Might as well rehire Alicia Keys to advertise the Priv if they aren't going to actually put effort in!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-16-15 09:59 PM
    Hub looks really good. The device itself looks great. The video was pretty amateur. There's absolutely no reason to show a person reaching all the way up to tap a message. Absolutely none. Even when "phablet" phones were hitting the market, NONE of their videos demonstrated the user reaching up to tap things (even though it does happen in reality!). This is just a poor video. Especially since for many users, this was their first official encounter in video form with the device. Not good at all.

The downside of this device isn't going to be software or hardware (as they both seem amazing), it's just going to be a poor marketing team who keeps fumbling the ball. Might as well rehire Alicia Keys to advertise the Priv if they aren't going to actually put effort in!
    Average person won't even notice that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-16-15 10:55 PM
    looks like you have to swipe up to unlock the phone and then long press the home button then select the hub. that being said, it looks as if there is a hub icon in the lower app tray so if thats correct then you should be able to unlock the phone and then press the icon to get the hub.
    Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the gesture app that was recommended.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:59 PM
    Take my money already!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:36 PM
145 ... 23456