Here's the YouTube link to the BlackBerry video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...s1&app=desktop
    10-16-15 01:21 PM
    Seems like not everyone that signed up for updates got the mail..
    yeah...i never got one to let me know about this video.
    10-16-15 01:26 PM
    I must say that that video was Apple-esque. Great job BlackBerry, now just take my hard earned money.
    10-16-15 01:26 PM
    From the demonstration video, you have to launch to gesture screen, no?
    10-16-15 01:30 PM
    From the demonstration video, you have to launch to gesture screen, no?
    looks like you have to swipe up to unlock the phone and then long press the home button then select the hub. that being said, it looks as if there is a hub icon in the lower app tray so if thats correct then you should be able to unlock the phone and then press the icon to get the hub.
    10-16-15 01:33 PM
    Looks great and now we just need the date so I can buy one.
    10-16-15 01:44 PM
    That's a damn good commercial.

And a damn smooth looking android OS w/hub.

Give me a release date now!
    10-16-15 01:47 PM
    Nice little video, shows off some Priv features as well as how they interact with the standard android way of doing things.

How do I flick up for auto fill if I just types something on the top row :@P

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 01:53 PM
    Hub looks great. Catchy little video with that snap shut at the end. But boy, that's a lot of hand movement to get anything done. Makes me want to boot up my Q10 again.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 01:55 PM
    Looks better every time. I just wish they would give us a release date and price already.
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-16-15 01:58 PM
    what we need now is a full on review of the phone
    10-16-15 02:32 PM
    The muscle memory to launch the Hub is exactly the same as BB10. I don't get what people are missing about the gesture
    10-16-15 02:35 PM
    Well Android is pretty versatile. If the gesture you want to use isn't available - just install something like this (or similar)....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.finger&hl=en

You can add the gesture you want to open the hub.
    That was helpful. I didn't know anything like that existed.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    thepolishguy likes this.
    10-16-15 02:38 PM

These sorts of things are what you find in Android. I use a similar app called Pie Control on my tablet. And these don't even need root.
    DolemiteDONS and thepolishguy like this.
    10-16-15 02:39 PM
    Looking pretty sweet! Only fault I see is the fact that the dialog box had to be tapped after sliding out the keyboard. That shouldn't be necessary. It's getting harder and harder to resist buying one of these phones.

Posted via CB10
    wnyjackson and DarkJoker33 like this.
    10-16-15 02:48 PM

That app I linked to was actually a pretty bad/clunky one. I am sure there are better implementations of what we would be looking for (such as Pie Control that was mentioned).
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-16-15 02:49 PM
    7224 views already..that escalated rather quickly!
    smart548 likes this.
    10-16-15 02:58 PM
    I like that we were finally able to see the hub. One suggestion I would make is allowing an option to choose what the hub opens to. Personally I would like for it to open to the hub view of all my different categories of my hub if that makes sense. I keep texts separate from work email separate from personal email accounts so the ability to open to that screen would be awesome. Likewise you could choose the hub to launch into your last conversation you were having (like it does now) or into a single account such as your texts if that is what you are in 90% of the time.

Either way, the more I see this phone the more I want it. I would love to see some marketing hit soon, right in line with the official announcement of release date and availability of the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 03:04 PM
    What I'm wondering is if BlackBerry is going to make this available to other android and iOS phones? Cause basically the "hub" on Android is basically just an app, with a APK file. The "keyboard" too... and that DTek thing.

Posted via CB10
    glenixtr15 likes this.
    10-16-15 03:07 PM
    Well Android is pretty versatile. If the gesture you want to use isn't available - just install something like this (or similar)....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.finger&hl=en

You can add the gesture you want to open the hub.
    or this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gestures&hl=en

you can make it so you swipe from the left and it'll open the HUB (kind of like BB10).
    10-16-15 03:15 PM
    Wow, that was painful to watch. All that touching, rearranging the hands to touch different aspects of the OS. Absolutely lacks the fluidity and efficiency of BB10 with physical buttons. Bleh. Reminds me what drove me mad with Android.
    deadcowboy and Allanon89 like this.
    10-16-15 03:21 PM
    What I'm wondering is if BlackBerry is going to make this available to other android and iOS phones? Cause basically the "hub" on Android is basically just an app, with a APK file. The "keyboard" too... and that DTek thing.

Posted via CB10
    Crossplatform BlackBerry Experience was announced before the Android switch, so yeah much of it will make it to Android.. for a price.
    10-16-15 03:23 PM
    How did you operate those physical buttons?

Mind control?

Haha. jk jk.

But whether it is the toolbelt, or virtual buttons - you do have to move your hands and fingers and press them right? So I am not sure I see the difference?
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-16-15 03:29 PM
    No Hub gesture The swipe up > right.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Well technically you just press the middle button and swipe diagonally to the right. It's very similar just a different animation. It really should feel the same for us BB10 users.
    10-16-15 03:30 PM
    8170 views now

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-16-15 03:34 PM
145 12345 ...