Really wanting to preorder the Priv, but I have my trepidation at $700. That's a significant investment to make based on specs, and 3 under 2 minute videos showing some very limited interactions. Hopefully BB has units out to tech review sites so that we can get an in depth look at the software integration, optics, and tactile feel of the keyboard!
    10-24-15 02:39 PM
    If they were, you'd think they'd be embargoed until launch, no?
    th3h0ff likes this.
    10-24-15 02:39 PM
    If they were actually holding a launch event then I would understand the strategy... But by opening preorders with such little actual information, any expectation that you have a successful soft launch should be very low.
    10-24-15 02:42 PM
    I think that they should release some phones to top internet reviewers that also understand what a blackberry is and whats the purpose of this phone.

It would give some traction so the pre order could be successful.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-24-15 03:06 PM
    If they were, you'd think they'd be embargoed until launch, no?
    what launch?
    10-24-15 03:18 PM
    what launch?
    November 6th, so still lots of time left for an announcement.
    10-24-15 04:17 PM
    I was originally interested in one but completely lost interest after the lack of any Launch, any formal reviews and the seeming utter lack of interest in Blackberry in selling the Priv. I work too hard to **** $700 down the drain with a phone I'm pretty sure will never be supported properly and for which I have no real tangible information about it except for a spec sheet.

Way to ruin my initial interest in the phone Blackberry!
    10-24-15 08:53 PM
    I was originally interested in one but completely lost interest after the lack of any Launch, any formal reviews and the seeming utter lack of interest in Blackberry in selling the Priv. I work too hard to **** $700 down the drain with a phone I'm pretty sure will never be supported properly and for which I have no real tangible information about it except for a spec sheet.

If you truly lost interest because of those things, which actually have nothing to do with the device and how it functions, then you are an *****.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:12 AM

you sound like a little girl... just buy the damn thing, you know its gonna be greatness
    10-25-15 01:52 AM
    I was originally interested in one but completely lost interest after the lack of any Launch, any formal reviews

Here's a thought. You can wait for the reviews. You can even wait until the carriers have them. Many people shop for items this way. Like how most people didn't buy a 2016 car in September either. No one is forcing you to buy something before it's even available to ship.
    10-25-15 02:29 AM
    I bought a passport a year ago and it's still working fine. My company switched to mobileiron so I have to use android apps to read/write emails.. that's not that smooth That's why I have an interest to Priv, but I won't be making any decisions until I see some reviews.. and hopefully some price cuts.. with customs and shipping it's pretty expensive to order it to Finland..

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:34 AM
    Two weeks, waiting, we will be. Getting it, next week, reviewers will.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 10:21 AM
    you sound like a little girl... just buy the damn thing, you know its gonna be greatness
    Perhaps...but I'm not alone. Sales appear to be off to a 'blistering' start...according to another thread, they are down to 1 per hour on the Shop Blackberry store in the UK and started off at only 90 per hour in the U.S. (and have likely trailed off from there). Sales tend to decrease after a launch, not increase, so real sales numbers should be fascinating when we get to see them. For comparison, Apple sold over 13 million iPhone 6s's just in the first weekend.

At least I'm in good company, I suppose! LOL!!!
    10-25-15 11:15 AM
    Perhaps...but I'm not alone. Sales appear to be off to a 'blistering' start...according to another thread, they are down to 1 per hour on the Shop Blackberry store in the UK and started off at only 90 per hour in the U.S. (and have likely trailed off from there). Sales tend to decrease after a launch, not increase, so real sales numbers should be fascinating when we get to see them. For comparison, Apple sold over 13 million iPhone 6s's just in the first weekend.

At least I'm in good company, I suppose! LOL!!!
    I see you ignored most of posts commenting on how unintelligent your original post was...hopefully that is because you understand that they are valid.

I'm late here, but we do not know what the sales rate is. Using some janky method of filling up your shopping cart is not a valid way of determining rate of sale.

You are comparing the most popular phone manufacturer in the world to a company with a failing handset division, and comparing the opening weekend of sales to unannounced preorders.

Either think through what you are going to post and stop being a troll or just go away.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 06:55 AM

EDIT: (realizing this is a two week old thread so not much info was out then but my post stays same)

Very close minded. BlackBerry will support the Priv perpetually regardless of future hardware decisions. Chen already stated that.

Why do you have to have a big fanfare launch? A one hour hoopla! Don't worry, you will a lot of marketing from carriers and BlackBerry directly. In the meantime I'm not going to miss out on a great phone from day one.

It seems many here look for excuses more than benefits.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-04-15 07:05 AM
    If they were actually holding a launch event then I would understand the strategy... But by opening preorders with such little actual information, any expectation that you have a successful soft launch should be very low.
    There is no launch event. They said they will concentrate on marketing instead

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:09 AM
    EDIT: (realizing this is a two week old thread so not much info was out then but my post stays same)

Very close minded. BlackBerry will support the Priv perpetually regardless of future hardware decisions. Chen already stated that.

Why do you have to have a big fanfare launch? A one hour hoopla! Don't worry, you will a lot of marketing from carriers and BlackBerry directly. In the meantime I'm not going to miss out on a great phone from day one.

It seems many here look for excuses more than benefits.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    When and where did he state that???? All I remember or that I've seen stated is that the PRIV would get Android 6.0..... and not even a time frame on when that will happen.

Many here have watched BlackBerry for years, and all they want is more information before buying into yet another BlackBerry beta product. And reviews are just one of the simple things that could alleviate some fears.....
    11-04-15 07:19 AM